Miami Vice: The Undercover Wheelman

agent 47

Well Vicers, I have a new Miami Vice story I thought I'd share with you, here it is.Rating: TV-14 (Reccomended for ages 14 and up)Adult ContentAdult LanguageViolence

Chapter One: Stale Coffee

Miami-Dade Police Department - March 1st, 1984

Crockett walked into the busy squad room with his usual white sport coat and rolled-up sleeved attire and with file under his arm and seeking a cup of coffee. Crockett then sat down at his desk, opened his file and sipped the coffee which tasted like bubbling crude."stale as usual" he thought. Eddie Rivera walked in and sat across from Crockett.

"You're late partner." Crockett said gruffly.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Eddie said nursing his forehead.

."Let me guess, a fight with the little lady again?"

."Yeah, yeah, something like that,." Eddie said trying to let Crockett know not to go there, given he looked like hell and a half Crockett didn't pursue it anymore.

Lieutenant Rodriguez, wiping his forehead due to the glazing summer heat, walked out of his office and over to Crockett and Eddie's desk.

"I need to see you guys in the office right now." Rodriguez said giving Eddie's desk a tap. Rodriguez walked back into the office. Eddie gave Crockett a look which Crockett retorted with a shrug before they followed Rodriguez.

Close the door guys." Rodriguez said.

Edited by agent 47
"Remastering" the old stories.

Chapter Two: Death at The Blue Lagoon

The Blue Lagoon Bar - February 28th, 1984

Two guys were sitting at a table in the back with a mug of beer each nursing their overfed stomachs.

"So what if we can't pay?" - Paulie Draco said regretting that last mussel he had.

"Paulie, are you a complete baboon? I don't remember you having a red behind, does it hurt?" Jimmy Liverwurst said wishing he did the same.

"No I don't, I'm no baboon, I'm just testing the waters, Jimmy, as Frankie says, Relax." Paulie said trying to be cute.

"I'll relax when I'm the hell out of here, testing the waters? What happens when the throw a freaking electrical cord in with us?" - Jimmy said.

Paulie and Jimmy didn't hear the car outside pulling up outside. Two men walked inside, Both wearing wearing cream suits, one had blonde hair and the other was bald and wearing sunglasses despite it being after 11PM. They looked around then walked over to Jimmy and Paulie.

"Let's go out back."The one in the sunglasses said. Soon Paulie and Jimmy found themselves following the two goons down a long alley to a corner where a limo sat, a man dressed in a chauffeur outfit got out and opened the trunk, he pulls out a big container and layed it on the ground.

"I hope this is to the satisfaction to your family in New York." - The one in the coat said. Paulie bent down and opened the case, inside was a RPG, Rocket Propelled Grenade Launcher. He grinned like a shark.

"Beautiful." - Paulie said caressing it like a lady before rising.

"I'm afraid we have a little trouble with the money though." Paulie said.

"Excuse me?" The blonde said.

"Yeah, boss said this business ain't exactly recession proof so uuuhh, the price has gone down. twenty-five boxes of ziti instead fifty pal." Paulie said.

"This is a one time offer, after this, there will be no deal." Sunglasses said.

"Well, sorry baldy but we ain't going home empty-handed so take it leave it." Jimmy said.

"I'm sorry but that isn't acceptable" - The blonde said pulling his gun.

"Hey, you ever heard of a made man before?" Paulie said before he fell over with a new hole in his forehead. Jimmy suddenly sprang forward cursing at the gunman who was knocked down by Jimmy's massive weight. After a few shots rang out the blonde gunman rolled the dead fat wiseguy over and got up.

"Damn it with these wiseguys! Not a shred of business sense." The blonde said while Sunglasses gave the nod to the limo driver to pack the stock back up. They left before the cops could arrive in time of course.

Edited by agent 47

Chapter Three: The Wheelman

Rodriguez sat across from Eddie and Crockett, Eddie sat in a chair while Crockett stood looking out the window.

"So how about it, Crockett?" - Rodriguez said.

"I don't know Lou, why does robbery want me for this gig?"

"They can't use none of their own for this because none of them have the skills to pull it off, they hear you can drive well and figured a Vice Cop would work be better suited for this particular undercover work." - Rodriguez.said.

"So why isn't robbery here to tell Crockett about it themselves?" - Eddie said before being interrupted by the door opening. A  balding man in a pink suit walk in.

"Sorry I'm late." The man said.

"And dressed like a cream puff I see, Morland."  Crockett said.

"Hello Crockett, been a while, still chain smoking?"  Detective Morland smarted back.

"Alright, alright, sit down Detective, you've got to explain this plan better."  Rodriguez said waving hands to knock of the bickering.

Morland sat down in a chair and grunted at Crockett.

"Well, Lieutenant, would you say Crockett is the best driver in the Department?" Detective Morland said

"Yes, Detective, I would say that."

."I'm flattered." Crockett said not looking at Morland.

"Well, it's simple, Willard Drake, a Soldier in the Dante Organization, is down here in South Florida."  Detective Morland said.

"What for?" - Rodriguez said.

"Well, he brought his brother down here for an arms deal but as you know he was found dead behind the Blue Lagoon yesterday. But the other part of the plan was to try and cripple the Dacco crime family, an outstanding rival."  Detective Morland said

."But that's our department, what does this have to do with robbery homicide?"  Rodriguez said.

"He's going to hit a downtown bank that the Dacco's are holding funds in." Detective Morland said.

"I thought these gangster didn't use banks?" - Crockett said.

"Not the head of the family, he is semi-retired as you know with a big house here in Miami, although our source told us that he's really cleaning dirty money through the bank through some clown named Sheffield."  Detective Morland said.

Crockett looked at Rodriguez. "Tony's old banker." Rodriguez smirked, 1983 was a hell of a year for Vice.

"So you want Crockett to go undercover as the wheelman for the heist?" Rodriguez said.

"Yeah."  Detective Morland said.

"Well, doesn't sound too bad, Crockett." - Rodriguez said.

"Yeah, but these type things get messy." - Crockett said.

"Well, Willard doesn't realize that this is actually a sting, if you get in with his crew of course." Detective Morland said.

"What do you mean?" - Eddie said.

"Well, we mean that Sheffield is currently under indictment and he's agreed to help us out to avoid charges." Detective Morland said.

"So you have it set up, fake money in the vault and no cops in sight to cause any damages, let me guess, all the employees are undercover or something?" Rodriguez said.

"Some of them, the rest are ones who say they will remain calm and do whatever the robbers say they will." - Detective Morland said.

"But wouldn't Willard Drake just say you were committing entrapment?" Rodriguez said.

"Well, from what we heard the Don doesn't want any waves in his plan so if anything happens, he will probably sweep everything under the rug, so he's probably going to make sure Willard doesn't go to trial, one way or the other, if Willard is smart, he'll just take a deal, otherwise he won't make it out of South Florida alive." Detective Morland said.

"Well, what do you say Crockett?" Rodriguez said.

"Fine, sounds kinda cushy, so where do I start?" Crockett said.

"My informant is on the inside, he'll get you an audition." Detective Morland said.

"Audition?" Crockett said.

"To see your driving skills." - Detective Morland.Detective Morland said as he got up.

"I'll call you with further details." Detective Morland.Morland left the office.

"What do you think, Sonny?" - Eddie said.

"I still say he looked like a cream puff." - Crockett said making Eddie chuckle.

Edited by agent 47

Chapter Four: The Audition

Car Park in Downtown Miami - March 1st, 1984

Around 11:30PM that night, Crockett was sitting in a Muscle car, rubbing his temple, a man in a blue suit and green and pink shirt got into the car.

"So I hear you're a good driver?" - Willard Drake said with a smirk.

"I am." - Crockett said.

"Well, show me some stuff." Willard said looking forward.

"Show you what?" Crockett said.

"Well, let's see how well you can handle a car, just accelerate as fast as you can against that wall over there and brake the best you can. If you hit the wall and I fly through the windshield and crack my head open on the wall, you ain't got no damn job." Willard said.

"Fine." Crockett said before putting the pedal to the metal. The car sped crazy towards the wall. Crockett braked immediately with the front bumper only centimeters away from the wall.

"Good, good, still breathing, now I want you to reverse into that parking place next to us and park it." Willard said.

Crockett quickly reverses, he reverses the car all the way into the parking space and brakes perfectly within the lines.

"Damn fine driving, Crockett. Now what I want you to speed to that other wall but instead of braking. Turn the car 180 degrees and flip around that corner." Willard said pointing towards the ramp heading up to the next level.Crockett does as he says. He speeds at the wall then he spins the car 180 degrees around a sharp corner onto the ramp then braking when he reached the next level of the garage.

"Well, well, well, absolutely perfect. I gotta hand it to you because my britches are about soiled. Now for the hardest part take us to the top level." Willard said.

Crockett drove up to the top level of the car park.

"Now back up into that space over there." -Willard.Crockett drives towards one of the small walls keeping cars from going over then he reverses into the space pointed out.

"Didn't seem so hard." Crockett said.

"Look in front of you." Willard said.

Crockett looks forward seeing a large wooden ramp.

"Oh no." Crockett said shaking his head.

"Well, if you manage to land us on top of the building across the street, you got a job. If you don't and we blow all up in flames, then well ... nice meeting you, butter boy." Willard said with a grin.

"This is bad." Crockett said wondering what the hell he got himself into.

"Oh come on, this might be fun." Willard said.

Crockett ground floors it taking the car to it's highest speed before Crockett launches the car off the ramp.  The car flies across the street and lands on a building across the street. Crockett opens his eyes at last realizing they made it

"Woo! Hoo! We made it, you got the job!" Willard said clapping.

"But how do we get down from here?" Crockett said.

"Dang! I knew I was forgetting something." Willard said.

Edited by agent 47
  • Like 1

If you have any comments on the story so far, please don't post them here on this thread, please post them in the thread the link takes you.

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/2220-miami-vice-the-undercover-wheelman-comments/

Edited by agent 47
Old link doesn't work anymore.

Chapter Five: Daredevil Sonny

The St. Vitus Dance - March 2nd, 1984

Crockett was winding down holding a cold beer to his head. After that little "stunt" Willard Drake had him do he was understandably shaken, was that man as crazy as Crockett had seen?

"He had you do what?" Eddie said.

"You heard me man." Crockett said.

"Promises" by Eric Clapton played on his tape deck, Elvis sounded like he was snoring next to what little was left of a fish Sonny caught earlier for his dinner.

"What did he have you do that for?" Eddie said.

"To test my courage. I'm guessing more so for kicks, the guy laughs like a hyena with a red nose." Crockett said.

"How did you guys get down?" Eddie said.

"He had me launch the car off another ramp and onto the street below." Crockett said.

"What?" Eddie got up.

"Yeah, the whole front end fell right out from under that car when it hit the pavement. Felt like a fallen elevator when it hit the ground. He got out stumbling and laughing then he pulled me out and put me in the back seat of the car and drove me here." Crockett said.

"I tell you Crockett, if you continue at this present rate. You better rename yourself Daredevil Sonny and find a good doctor." Eddie said."Yeah, right. If this becomes a normal routine I'm taking the powder down to Key West to find a librarian gig or something." Crockett said pulling out a cigarette and lighting one up.

"What's the deal with Morland and your smoking?" Eddie said.

"Guys a health nut I think. Sure hasn't helped his scalp any." Crockett said.

Edited by agent 47

• 3 weeks later...
Chapter Six: Real JumpyThe St. Vitus Dance - March 3rd, 1984Crockett woke up to the sound of a phone, Crockett got up and answered it."Hello?" - Crockett."It's showtime buddy! Get your butt over to the The Blue Lagoon in an hour, got it?" - Willard."Yep, I got it, keep your wig on." - Crockett."You noticed you sly ..." - Willard.Crockett hung up and put his pants on, he put his shirt on and coat on then grabbed his keys and walked upstairs, he pulled a big fish out of a cooler."Here ya' go, remember to chew this time." - Crockett.Crockett threw it to his pet alligator Elvis, who chomped it up and yawned.Crockett pulled up outside the Blue Lagoon, he got out of his car and got into Willards car."Allright, you may drive well, but this is the real deal pal, so be ready." - Willard."For what?" - Crockett.BOOM!The Blue Lagoon exploded, flames shooting out of the front, a man ran out of the alley beside it and jumped in a car and sped off."Well, get after him young grasshopper!" - Willard.Crockett sped off after the arsonist.

Chapter Seven: Chasing the BurnerThe arsonist rounded a corner and kept at full speed, Crockett rounded the corner and kept up with him."For goodness sake, Lord Percy, can thee accellerate buggy with more haste?" - Willard."I'm about ready to get out and slap that sarcasm right out of you." - Crockett.Willard laughed.The arsonist rounded another corner and Crockett rounded the corner.The arsonist jumped into another lane, he started acting like he was going to turn, Crockett followed him but the arsonist had made a u-turn as Crockett round the corner, he was aiming at Crockett so Crockett ended up running off the road and rammed into a car denting the front."Gee golly wiz, didn't see this boo-boo a comin'!" - Willard."Oh shut up!" - Crockett.Crockett puts it in reverse, Willard was laughing as Crockett was reversing, Crockett soun around and went off in the direction the arsonist took."Looks like we lost him." - Crockett."His plans for world domination are sadly mistaken." - Willard."I wish I was elsewhere." - Crockett.

Chapter Eight: The Fireball"Don't appreciate me humor, son? That's just not cricket!" - Willard.Crockett has never contemplated murder so much until he met this loudmouth, he was tempted to pull his gun and shoot him, sadly Rodriguez wouldn't like that "executive decision" so much.The arsonist was actually behind them, he rammed them into another car and took off, Crockett put it in reverse and went after him, they were heading towards Ocean Beach at this time.The arsonist stopped, he picked a bottle up from his floorboard and stuck a rag in it then lit it, he threw it onto the pavement and took off.Crockett rounded the corner, seeing the flames he turned down an alley behind the hotels."Woo! Hoo! I feel like I'm on Bullitt!" - Willard."You're about to be in the trunk." - Crockett.Crockett turned down the next street, he was now right behind the arsonist, rain started falling.The arsonist all of a sudden swerved into oncoming traiffc, he then rammed into a car parked across from the hotel ... BOOM! The arsonists car burst into a giant fireball, Crockett ran into a car across the street."Suggest we get out of here, deary!" - Willard.Crockett and Willard got out of the car and ran off down the sidewalk, they hit the deck when the arsonist's car exploded, causing another car to burst into flames, that car rolled across the street next to another car and exploded, that car caught the car Crockett and Willard was driving on fire, the car exploded again."Whoa! I forgot my marshmallows!" - Willard.Willard and Crockett got up, they walked off down the sidewalk, people flocked out of the hotels and ran to the scene, ignoring Willard and Crockett."If I hear another damn joke out of you ..." - Crockett."Frankly Crockett, I don't give a damn!" -Willard."Ugh!" - Crockett.Willard laughed, they got themselves a taxi and headed back to Crockett's car.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Chapter Nine: You're Fired!That night, Crockett and Eddie sat across from Rodriguez in his office, Rodriguez was mangling is cigar shaking his head."Frankly Crockett, I don't give a damn?" - Rodriguez."I really felt compelled to shove him in the glove compartment." - Crockett."I have heard of some outstanding loons but jeez ..." - Rodriguez."This loco is supposed to rob one of the city's most largest banks?" - Eddie."If he can cut the crazyness." - Crockett."I doubt that." - Rodriguez.Crockett go up, he picked up his coat."Where are you going?" - Rodriguez."Hit the sack." - Crockett."Good night and good luck, Sonny." - Eddie."Yeah, I will, I will." - Crockett.Crockett left, Eddie turned to Rodriguez."I'm worried, Lou." - Eddie."I know, Eddie." - Rodriguez.Crockett walked down the steps to his car, as he grabbed for the door handle, a man stepped out of the darkness."Detective Friday!" - Man.Crockett turned to Willard Drake walking up towards him."Well, aren't you going to try and book me, Danno?" - Willard.A car came speeding by, it came to a halt and two guys with Uzi 9MM jumped out and started firing.Crockett and Willard hit the deck, Willard hops back up and starts firing at the gunman, he ducks back down and Crockett's car gets shot up."Jeez Louise, you Daccos are just tooo violent for my educated tastes, howabout a little bonfire?" - Willard.Willard pulls something out of his coat."Don't worry Crockett, I've been saving this for the 4th of July but what the hell." - Willard.Willard Jumped up with the flare gun he pulled out of his coat and fired it at the car the Daccos drove up in ..... BOOOOM! The car exploded, the Dacco hitmen flew through the air and splattered against the concrete, flames had sorrounded the car and engulfed the car, it blew up again.Willard got up and darted off."Whhhooo! You're fired, Crockett!!!!" - Willard.Willard got in his car and sped off, Rodriguez and Eddie ran out."What happened?" - Rodriguez."I just got fired." - Crockett.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Chapter Ten: The CallRodriguez's office - March 4th, 1984Rodriguez sat massaging his temple, an open bottle of Pepto Bismol sat out on his desk, Eddie Rivera was yawning and Crockett was streching his arms out."How did he know?" - Rodriguez."What?" - Eddie."How did that gangster know you were a cop?" - Rodriguez."I don't know, luck?" - Crockett."No ... Moreland." - Rodriguez."Huh?" - Crockett."What a crock of ... there was no Detective Morland, this was a setup." - Rodriguez."So you mean?" - Eddie.Rodriguez nodded."The money's gone." - Rodriguez."So where's this Morland?" - Crockett."I don't know." - Rodriguez.The phone rang, Rodriguez picked it up."Rodriguez?" - Rodriguez.Rodriguez placed the phone back on the hook."Scratch that, homicide just found him dead." - Rodriguez.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Chapter Eleven: Bullet the Blue Sky"He's dead allright". - Crockett.Crockett and Eddie stood over Morland's dead body, Morland had been shot in the head, they were in an alley behind a motel near the airport."So, who do you think killed him?" - Eddie."Probably Willard, he is trying to tie loose ends..." - Crockett.A man with longish hair wearing a blue blazer walked under the crime scene tape and approached both Crockett and Eddie."Hey Crockett, Rodriguez just called to tell you to get yourself over to the airport as soon as possible, he said that Drake guy is skipping town on a private jet." - Blue Dressed Man.Crockett and Eddie darted past the man, hopping over the tape, they jumped back into the car and sped off...At the airport, Willard was standing outside a private jet with three big well dressed men holding machine guns, Crockett raced around the corner and drove directly at the plane..."That crazy man will not leave me alone, deal with him!" - Willard.Willard darts up the steps into the plane, the big men started firing their machine guns at Crockett's car, Eddie and Crockett hopped out as the car was riddled with bullets, the car kept going, the gunmen started darting away but one was hit by the car, he flew up in the air and slammed to the concrete dead.Police cars pulled up, the other gunmen dropped their guns, police officers ran over to them and cuffed them ...The private jet had started up while the action had been gong on, by the time the gunmen had been arrested the plane had made it's way down the runway, Crockett and Eddie ran to the car and sped off down the runway after it ...The plane had took off, Crockett and Eddie were too late, they stopped a car and jumped out, they stood there as willard's plane was starting to fly off ...There was somebody else watching this plane take off, he had some high quality binoculars and was sitting on top of the hood of his car, this was one of the same men who had gunned down Paulie Drake and Jimmy "Roast Beef"!The man put his binoculars down, he walked around to his trunk and pulled a black case from his trunk, he opened it and pulled out a long tube and loaded it ... an RPG!The man walked around to the front of his car, he turned on the guidance system and locked onto Willard's plane, he fired the rocket ...Willard had fixed himself a drink as he was watching the firefight outside of the plane."Just like a gangster film!" - Willard.Willard sipped as the plane had took off, he closed his eyes until the plane jerked, he opened his eyes just as everything turned to white and his ears were deafened with a ringing noise.AAAAAAHHHH!Crockett and Eddie were watching the plane fly off, then Eddie spotted the narrow cylinder heading towards the plane."Crockett ..." - Eddie.Crockett's eyes widened, he knew what was next, the rocket slammed into the plane, a huge fireball shot out from the plane, it suddenly crash landed into some woods and a huge fireball shot into the air, Crockett and Eddie looked at each other in amazement, Willard Drake is dead.
  • Like 1

Chapter Twelve: EpilogueThat night, Crockett sat at his desk finishing his report, Eddie walked over to him."Hey man, you still working on that?" - Eddie."Burning the midnight oil, man." - Crockett.Rodriguez walked out of his office."Just go home, Sonny." - Rodriguez."Fine by me." - Crockett.Crockett got up, he put his jacket back on and walked out of the squad room with Eddie."What do you think, Crockett?" - Eddie."About what?" - Crockett."Today." - Eddie."If we find this bozo with the missile we will bust him." - Crockett."Until then?" - Eddie."Keep our heads in the clouds, the crime has hit the streets." - Crockett.Crockett and Eddie left the OCB, it was just the end of another day for them, the events of the day far behind them, this was just a typical day for the detectives of the Vice Squad in Miami, Florida ...THE END
  • Like 1

www.miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?t=2453

If you have any comments on my story, please post them in the thread the link takes you.Thanks for reading!:cheers: