Which Instruments(Besides the Ultrakewl Keytar)does he use?

himenokuri

I notice Linn Drums but what is that thing in the beginning of the MV video where it shows all the musical notes and those lines that look like mountains??

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!That is the monitor of the Fairlight CMI keyboard, the very keyboard Jan are most of the time in the videoclip playing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have always wanted one of the keyboards that you strap about the shoulder. pretty hard to come by, these days.

• 1 month later...
I have always wanted one of the keyboards that you strap about the shoulder. pretty hard to come by' date=' these days.[/quote']yeah and I know this guy who is a music producer and he says those things are pretty cheap on Ebay but I never go there :(

• Administrators

Why don't you PM Tony D.? He's the magic guitar man. May have to do it over at .org thou. Don't see him here much.He may have some info on this.

• 9 months later...

this should help:http://www.miami-vice.ws/vbglossar.php?do=showentry&id=1889as for the linndrum, jan used the instrument, but he had custom sounds installed, so the factory sounds are pretty much obsolete.and his "keytars" are as follows:the one in the MV video is a custom job he had done called the "Probe".He has been seen playing various strap-on controllers by Lync, who went out of business in the 90s. Probe (as in MV video)Eingefügtes BildLync LN-4 (as on Escape from TV art) this one is the "jan hammer" model. note jan's signature on the control panel:Eingefügtes Bild

if a lync controller that works comes up on ebay, they usually go for around a $1000. these are very rare, and impossible to fix if it breaks, and a lot of them did. that's why they are so expensive. they are the jaguar xke's of controllers, if you will.donald fagan (steely dan) played an ln-4 from time to time, too.Eingefügtes Bildand chicago keyboardist plays one of these onstage to this day:lync ln-1000Eingefügtes Bildi think i've seen jan with a 1000 before, too.jan also played the yamaha KX-5 in the 80s a lot too, as it was made to control the dx7 that he played so much on MV (he had a silver one AND a black one).http://www.soundofmusic.se/pictures/kx5.gifhe JAMS out on this unit in his MV studio on this vid: