Random Thoughts

Ferrariman

Completely random questions I've mentally asked myself for the past few days:Does the Coca-Cola corperation still covertly lace their famous product with cocaine?Is December 21st, 2012 really the end or were the Mayans just Republicans who predicted the downfall of the Democrats?Is FOX really ending 24 or just trying to replace Kiefer Sutherland after the drunken driving incident?Is Tom Clancy ever going to finish his new novel or is he just pulling our legs for a few laughs before announcing retirement?Does Anothony Yerkovich roam the forums laughing maniacally?Are they going to knock off M in the next Bond film?Will my DVD player quit working during the Miami Vice: Season Four reviews just to aggrivate me?If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?

CIf you choke a smurf' date=' what color does it turn?[/quote']:Dpurple or just as white as their hat?My thoughtHow would a child from a smurf and a telletubie look like?

:Dpurple or just as white as their hat?My thoughtHow would a child from a smurf and a telletubie look like?

The smurf question is one a lot of people think of but remains unsolved.:DHmm, I don't know how it would look like, but I know it would be called a tellesmurfie!:D

I still havent found out who the band was in the great McCarthy...

Not too sure ... but I think it was the horn section of Earth Wind and Fire just doing generic top forty stuff. They did a "Debarge song I think and another one (forgot her name?) Loose Control??? (if memory serves me correctly?) I'm going to have to watch that episode again.I don't think it was a band particularly that we would recognise as a top forty type thing, but a group of musicians from a number of bands.

I think when asked, RB once said it was just studio musicians. Not a real band.I like how the drummer isn't even hitting the drums when the beat is played in the song. LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

I am the FREAKING MAN.Two nights ago I heard bumper music on some talk show and without knowing the host nor the band, it of course got stuck in my head. Today I decided to do something about it.Went through about 10 Joe Jackson songs, then about 10 ABC songs, then finally gave Spandau Ballet a shot. Surprise surprise, it was 'Gold.' You can't imagine what a relief it is for an obsessive maniac such as yours truly. All is right in Cagey's orbit. For now.

More random thoughts: How many people did Crockett kill? (No peeking at the thread - I couldn't find it. ) My vote is 293.How many people did Gina bring home? 5. These are both guesses WITHOUT CHEATING!If I'm the closest without going over, will somebody mail me an 80s gift?

Need help with a jokeHas anyone seen the joke in which: a daughter suggests to her dad that he hire a maid to help with her chores/housework. However, the guy would have to fork over $1000s for the maid's healthcare; the daughter says something about, "Why don't you just pay me instead?"I'm looking for a copy of that joke I just mangled, help me out! Thanks-

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?p=12591#post12591So it's a year later, and here I am in the middle of the night, working on more papers!:pBuck Rogers playing on Hulu in a separate tab, Gary Coleman just starred in an ep as the president of a 20th Century country who was transported into the 25th Century! If I get enough done, maybe I'll go get that free Grand Slam from Denny's in the morning - wait, it already is the morning.

• 1 month later...

I'm within four hours of the finish line on another big paper - 8 pages of pain - the king of procrastination could use some cheering near the finish line.. it wouldn't be so bad if I could sit down and write but it takes tons of momentum...

Now I'm getting motivated!O.k. here's another thought then I'm signing off: I could use a ride on a Scarab, I'll add it to the bucket list, in fact. Anyone need a navigator/coxswain for a trip from S.E. U.S. to Nassau?

Anyone need a navigator/coxswain for a trip from S.E. U.S. to Nassau?

I do.However, I refuse to use the name "coxswain". :)"Guy with bullhorn" works just fine for me.

(!) Hmm... I know the rules of the road o.k., I just need to gather the charts and tide tables and a ration of rum, you can throw your GPS overboard! I'll see about getting a quick refresher to see if I'm leaving anything out...O.k., so now I converted everything to double-space and I have 8.5 pages, this sucks. Could've made this a sixteen page paper. Now I have to overhaul everything, eta 4:30 a.m. +/- 1:00.

I ended up going until my brain fizzled out, which was about 5:30 a.m. Got up about 10 a.m. to fnish it off and spent at least another six hours on it. PAIN is weakness leaving the body and, boy am I a sucker for doing things painfully!

Looks like it's just us two night owls on stakeout again' date=' C&B.[/quote']Don't worry. I've got your back partner. :thumbsup: