RARE GLENN FREY MV POSTCARD!!

COOPER&BURNETT

Here's a VERY RARE promotional MIAMI VICE postcard sent to those in the media from MCA RECORDS, promoting Glenn Frey's acting debut in SMUGGLER'S BLUES! Nice vintage style postcard with Glenn Frey's picture inserted into the card.Cool item!! Another .WS Exclusive!Eingefügtes Bild

You never cease to amaze Coop........................I love the picture on the front' date=' very retro.[/quote']"RETRO" That''s probably a better word than my use of "vintage".Perhaps both describe it.This is a cool item that most people most likely didn't know existed. :thumbsup:

Che bella! :thumbsup:I like the fact that they used an original approach in this type of promotion, I mean everyone would expect a postcard with Glenn only, after all it was his acting debut.Instead they opted for this beautiful retro graphics where he's hardly seen! This proves once again that MV was light years ahead!Glenn Frey looks cool! :happy:

Wasn't that photo of him from one of his album covers? Perhaps not. I have seen the photo before somewhere.

Wasn't that photo of him from one of his album covers? Perhaps not. I have seen the photo before somewhere.

No it's not.It could be a photo taken from the inlay of "The Allnighter" album, because the photos were b/w.You can tell that the photo in the postcard was originally b/w and coloured at a later stage.

No it's not.It could be a photo taken from the inlay of "The Allnighter" album' date=' because the photos were b/w.You can tell that the photo in the postcard was originally b/w and coloured at a later stage.[/quote']I too was thinking of the Allnighter, but being he is not on the cover, I thought I may be wrong.Couldn't the photo have been shot in color originally, then changed to b/w for the album, but the master color shot used in the postcard?More than likely, YOUR correct.

I too was thinking of the Allnighter' date=' but being he is not on the cover, I thought I may be wrong.Couldn't the photo have been shot in color originally, then changed to b/w for the album, but the master color shot used in the postcard?More than likely, YOUR correct.[/quote']He's not on the cover, but in the inner sleeve there's a photo of him wearing the same sunglasses, that's why I connected it to the Allnighter.Usually the procedure is colouring b/w photos, not vice versa because the b/w doesn't come out properly. That's why it's recommended to take out the colour from a TV set when watching a b/w movie.

He's not on the cover' date=' but in the inner sleeve there's a photo of him wearing the same sunglasses, that's why I connected it to the Allnighter.Usually the procedure is colouring b/w photos, not vice versa because the b/w doesn't come out properly. That's why it's recommended to take out the colour from a TV set when watching a b/w movie.[/quote']O.K., that sounds right.Good detective work Pandina!

Wow' date=' great find Coop. I know you never give up where you find these treasures, but wow, this one is a gem.[/quote']It is rather unique isn't it?I always wonder on these things.....how many actually still survive?I like to preserve these items for all time.It's TV history.I wonder if NBC would be interested that I have all these things collected and saved. They may find it facinating!

that's are really great find! thanks for shareing it!

Your VERY welcome EasyED!It's a pleasure to post things that are appreciated by cool members like you! :thumbsup:

Your VERY welcome EasyED!It's a pleasure to post things that are appreciated by cool members like you! :thumbsup:

hehe thanks Coop:cheers: you are coolest!:thumbsup: by the way I will upload some pics.. I have acquired 3 pairs of some very nice miami vice style shoes!:D

hehe thanks Coop:cheers: you are coolest!:thumbsup: by the way I will upload some pics.. I have acquired 3 pairs of some very nice miami vice style shoes!:D

Yeah! I'd LOVE to see it!!!!POST IT! POST IT! POST IT!

Cooper, This is amazing!!!!:eek: I am in awe!!!!:eek:I have not been able to be on the site as much as I am used to being on,:cry: but boy have I sure missed a lot.:rolleyes:Congratulations on being able to acquire this!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:And Thank You for sharing all of your treasures here with us. I Really do appreciate it.:happy::happy:

Cooper' date=' This is amazing!!!!:eek: I am in awe!!!!:eek:I have not been able to be on the site as much as I am used to being on,:cry: but boy have I sure missed a lot.:rolleyes:Congratulations on being able to acquire this!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:And Thank You for sharing all of your treasures here with us. I Really do appreciate it.:happy::happy:[/quote']Before the internet, there used to not be anyone I was able to share this stuff with. It was done just for me.I'm so happy to share very rare items with you all!

Looks like a single (not an album) and a UK release of it for it says BBC TV series. (maybe some UK vicers could confirm it)

This is a 7" 45 rpm record cover (the 12" single record cover had the same artwork and photo), and was sold in the UK. Yes, BBC TV showed MIAMI VICE in England.

This is a 7" 45 rpm record cover (the 12" single record cover had the same artwork and photo)' date=' and was sold in the UK. Yes, BBC TV showed MIAMI VICE in England.[/quote']Expert on ALL vice aspects, including overseas. Very good! :clap:
I wonder if NBC would be interested that I have all these things collected and saved. They may find it facinating!
If they can't make money out of it, I don't think they will be interested.Just post for us, we are ALWAYS fascinated! :cool: