Ouch!

maynard

Man Dies After Parachuting From Arizona Cell Phone TowerSaturday, December 05, 2009 * Print * ShareThisCASA GRANDE, Arizona — Authorities say a man died after parachuting from a cell phone tower at night and hitting high-voltage power lines.Pinal County sheriff's Lt. Tamatha Villar says 23-year-old Darrell Dunafon and two friends broke into a cell tower site about 30 miles south of Phoenix on Friday night and were parachuting off the approximately 400-foot-tall antennae.Dunafon's parachute tangled in nearby 12,000-volt power lines and he was shocked with a live wire.Villar says the two friends called for help, and rescue crews turned off the power and cut Dunafon down. He had a slight pulse but was pronounced dead at a hospital in the nearby town of Casa Grande.

• Administrators

We recently had a 16 year old kid here climb a power pole to "supposedly" get a picture of something. He got up to the top and got zapped. Then he fell 30' to the ground. He ended up paralyzed from the chest down, he lost a hand from where the electricity zapped a bracelet he was wearing and it burned through his wrist bone or something like that.The kid is still in the hospital and will never be the same. What a waste.

We recently had a 16 year old kid here climb a power pole to "supposedly" get a picture of something. He got up to the top and got zapped. Then he fell 30' to the ground. He ended up paralyzed from the chest down' date=' he lost a hand from where the electricity zapped a bracelet he was wearing and it burned through his wrist bone or something like that.The kid is still in the hospital and will never be the same. What a waste.[/quote']This is where I ask myself.... And the parents, Where were they?

• Administrators
This is where I ask myself.... And the parents' date=' Where were they?[/quote']Right now, they are at the hospital every day and will now have to take care of this kid for life.

Man Dies After Parachuting From Arizona Cell Phone TowerSaturday' date=' December 05, 2009 * Print * ShareThisCASA GRANDE, Arizona — Authorities say a man died after parachuting from a cell phone tower at night and hitting high-voltage power lines.Pinal County sheriff's Lt. Tamatha Villar says 23-year-old Darrell Dunafon and two friends broke into a cell tower site about 30 miles south of Phoenix on Friday night and were parachuting off the approximately 400-foot-tall antennae.Dunafon's parachute tangled in nearby 12,000-volt power lines and he was shocked with a live wire.Villar says the two friends called for help, and rescue crews turned off the power and cut Dunafon down. He had a slight pulse but was pronounced dead at a hospital in the nearby town of Casa Grande.[/quote']definitely not a funny way to die...RIP Darrell Dunafon

You can´t always have a look at your children. If they want to do something silly, they find a way to fiddle their partens out.

This is where I ask myself.... And the parents' date=' Where were they?[/quote']