"Miami Vice's" Influence on Shows like "Hunter."

maynard

I recently purchased Season 1 of "Crime Story" and "Hunter." "Crime Story is awesome! Stephen Lang is definitely an underrated actor, was great in "Public Enemies." I skipped ahead to the end of season eps of "Hunter" because Dennis Farina was in a two part episode.(Also Dennis Franz)The show opened with almost an entire Vice like rock song, with music like this throughout the show, which was about Farina"s character as a drug dealer, cocaine of course. The clothes and colors were definitely different than when the show first aired in 1984, about the same time as "Miami Vice."This show was aired in spring 1985, sure didn't take long for "Miami Vice" to have an impact. I think they were both on NBC, but don"t remember for sure.

I watched "Hunter" and "Magnum, P.I." when they aired as well. There was an episode of Magnum that had a little Vice feel to it.Also, how about all of the references in and on other shows? From the Simpsons to Friends, Miami Vice's impact is everywhere. :D