• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Chloe

• LNGLK

• Frey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what i got?many things..its all worth mentioning,,but the things i mention now are,a black little dress,high heels...the perfume i wanted from laura biagotti ..ROMA ..along other great stuff too.the most important thing is that your happy and healthy,if you have that you dont need anything else.im getting some stuff when im going to london on my new years trip.dont know what i want by now ;)

"What did you get for x -mas?"That's what he wants to know.He tries to find different reasonsTo make you post something below.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well, that IS what this thread is all about, and why I entitled it, "WHATCHA GET FOR X-MAS?"Will you tell us what you got?

what i got?many things..its all worth mentioning' date=',but the things i mention now are,a black little dress,high heels...the perfume i wanted from laura biagotti ..ROMA ..along other great stuff too.the most important thing is that your happy and healthy,if you have that you dont need anything else.im getting some stuff when im going to london on my new years trip.dont know what i want by now ;)[/quote']Excellent!Every woman needs a little black dress. :thumbsup: The stuff sounds great!Thank you for sharing with us!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Will you tell us what you got?

:D It may sound VERY strange but in our country Christmas is on the 7th of January...So first I'm going to get my New Year presents :D:D

Not what I´ve expected.From material view this year I had no big wishes, most things I need I have already.So I got a very helpful eyefi SD card and a powerline networking set to get my sat receiver into my homenet. Both very nice.Also got a new abo for my car magazine.The years before I got a little too much in my opinion so I thougt about donwszising this year :)Also I have more fun in making gifts to others. F.e. I gave a wheel cap to a lady. She was realy surprised and we had a good laugh. Also she needed it because she lost one of her´s.Myself I got me a new car in february. That was a gift for many many xmas´ses ;)Ah - I´ve forgot a main thing; my best friend gave me self made rum truffels. Last time she made them was about 20 years ago so this gift was very special to me. :happy: They´re awesome like herself.

:D It may sound VERY strange but in our country Christmas is on the 7th of January...So first I'm going to get my New Year presents :D:D

Let us know what you get on the 7th of January then......you get Presents for New Years ?????

Not what I´ve expected.From material view this year I had no big wishes' date=' most things I need I have already.So I got a very helpful eyefi SD card and a powerline networking set to get my sat receiver into my homenet. Both very nice.Also got a new abo for my car magazine.The years before I got a little too much in my opinion so I thougt about donwszising this year :)Also I have more fun in making gifts to others. F.e. I gave a wheel cap to a lady. She was realy surprised and we had a good laugh. Also she needed it because she lost one of her´s.Myself I got me a new car in february. That was a gift for many many xmas´ses ;)Ah - I´ve forgot a main thing; my best friend gave me self made rum truffels. Last time she made them was about 20 years ago so this gift was very special to me. :happy: They´re awesome like herself.[/quote']How cool!You didn't need much, and didn't get much...because you already have enough stuff! I seem to fit into that catagory too.However, I just love hearing what people did get. It's interestig to me.So....who's next? What did YOU get for X-MAS? :thumbsup:

Don't you have New Year parties? Don't you visit relatives? Don't you give and get presents?! :rolleyes::eek::confused:

In Germany, we celebrate New Year partys and often the guests bring something to eat for the party, but that´s all. I know nobody who visitsrelatives on New Year or give and get presents, then.

In Germany' date=' we celebrate New Year partys and often the guests bring something to eat for the party, but that´s all. I know nobody who visitsrelatives on New Year or give and get presents, then.[/quote'](Lnglk, correct me if I'm wrong) Yes Christine, but this is not the case in Russia. Let's remember that there Christmas falls around our Epiphany (6th January) so New Year's Eve seems to be a good "first" opportunity to celebrate... Besides (or should I say, first and foremost), not everybody is a Christian in that huge country so some people just don't observe Xmas. From my Russian lessons at school I remember stories about "Grandpa Frost" (Дед Мороз) and his female helper "Snow Girl" (Снегурочка) who bring presents on 1st January (notice the absence of Saint Nicholas, our dear old Santa). In the 1970s we were taught that Soviets didn't celebrate Christmas and it used to annoy me that I couldn't learn in my Russian classes how to say "Merry Christmas" in Russian. I think that for some people there New Year's is still a bigger celebration than Xmas. I wonder, Lnglk and Cheetah (where are you, haven't seen you for ages here) if this is still the case - as we say, old habits die hard.Do not take offence, pals, this is just my humble observation - sometimes I wish we Europeans could know more about one another (I thought we all knew about Russians celebrating New Year's in the way we celebrate Christmas); people from Western Europe seem to be more familiar with American customs than the culture of our neighbours. School systems and the media may be blamed for that but we still have our open minds and curiosity, don't we? Personally, I am an infoholic and I love finding out about other nations, no matter which part of the world they live in...Sorry this isn't MV related again but living in Central Europe (we Poles hate being called East Europeans, mind you - for historical, geographical, religious and ethnic reasons), on the border between the West and the East I couldn't resist cutting into your discussion :(

Excellent!Every woman needs a little black dress. :thumbsup: The stuff sounds great!Thank you for sharing with us!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

or one or two dresses,or more :),but seriously,theres nothing i really NEED.have too much already,im still waiting for the present from phanie,i think it hasnt arrived yet couse of the weather :(

(Don't worry about me, Sonny-Burnett. They haven't invented a tricky situation I can't handle.) ;) Thanks for your concern and congratulations on making friends with that great person right before Christmas (thank goodness it's not Callie :))

I still like Callie. :):D

Hey CB , I think you should start a "What Are Your Plans For New Years Eve" thread, I (for one) are looking forward to it, as many people are, given the state of things today...

(Lnglk' date=' correct me if I'm wrong) [/quote']It was a good history lessonThe idea to celebrate New Year was introduced by Peter the 1st. He wanted people to celebrate civic holidays than religious.And the people who keep Lent and celebrate Christmas don't celebrate New Year (because of the Lent)

Cool! If I didn't have one already' date=' this is what I would like to get or to buy for myself! A real treat! It'll definitely keep you busy now! :D[/quote'] It's certainly keeping me busy. I can't stop watching the episodes. I'm halfway through the second season, just watched 'Florence Italy'.:clap:

Don't you have New Year parties? Don't you visit relatives? Don't you give and get presents?! :rolleyes::eek::confused:

In the U.S. we have parties, drink champane, and etc., but we don't give presents to each other. Never heard that one before.

Hey CB ' date=' I think you should start a "What Are Your Plans For New Years Eve" thread, I (for one) are looking forward to it, as many people are, given the state of things today...[/quote'] I might, but then again, this thread has strayed sooo far off of what it's about, I'm not sure anyone will post anything about the New Years Eve plans. :rolleyes:(I'm also suprised more people aren't telling what they got for X-MAS) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

First and most importantly ,I got to spend the holiday with family and good friends.From my mom...:smoothy maker(to make Miami Vices),hot sauces of the world(love spicy food),a white dress coat(to keep me warm),an mp3 player,a digital binocular camera,and a bag for my laptop.....From my sister and neice...:a counter top confectionary oven..some pj`s and a dutch oven(cooking happens alot around here)....Last ,I gave myself.....a laptop so I could share my pictures of my trip with you guys...I did watch"Deliver Us From Evil"as I do every Christmas eve...my own personal tradition.....

First and most importantly ' date='I got to spend the holiday with family and good friends.From my mom...:smoothy maker(to make Miami Vices),hot sauces of the world(love spicy food),a white dress coat(to keep me warm),an mp3 player,a digital binocular camera,and a bag for my laptop.....From my sister and neice...:a counter top confectionary oven..some pj`s and a dutch oven(cooking happens alot around here)....Last ,I gave myself.....a laptop so I could share my pictures of my trip with you guys...I did watch"Mirror Image"as I do every Christmas eve...my own personal tradition.....[/quote']Sounds like you made off like a bandit!!:clap: I think you clearly got the best stuff of anyone who has posted on here so far for what they got for X-MAS. And....many of it is VICY!!Congrats on your new computer, and all the cool stuff you got. You deserve it! :thumbsup:So, who's next? What did YOU get for X-MAS?? :thumbsup:

oh man... here goes...My Girlfriend bought me the whole series of lost on DVD on ebay a few months ago and i got up after we finished season one and went to check on what they go for and I got the set early... A cordless mouse that looks like a Dodge Challenger, a new light jacket for stepping out, another DVD-Hatchie whis is awesome, a new comforter for the bed that's made of non allergentic fibers, a couple Billabong shirts and a Detroit Tigers Christmas tree ornament, time off to see family and friends as I just relocated and when I went back to visit, I want to move back to Michigan sooooo bad it was tough to bet back to Tennessee... Time for a new job and the hunt is on...been kinda crazy as I just moved three months ago for a new job and I hate it...been in tenn 98 days now and have worked 86 of them...Not much time for VICE...:thumbsdown:... It WILL get better... sorry for others's loss and miss fortune during the holidays... Be careful over new years as we all need to be here for 2011 and beyond!... Sounds like you are having a great time with those cards COOP!!!.....Mike

oh man... here goes...My Girlfriend bought me the whole series of lost on DVD on ebay a few months ago and i got up after we finished season one and went to check on what they go for and I got the set early... A cordless mouse that looks like a Dodge Challenger' date=' a new light jacket for stepping out, another DVD-Hatchie whis is awesome, a new comforter for the bed that's made of non allergentic fibers, a couple Billabong shirts and a Detroit Tigers Christmas tree ornament, time off to see family and friends as I just relocated and when I went back to visit, I want to move back to Michigan sooooo bad it was tough to bet back to Tennessee... Time for a new job and the hunt is on...been kinda crazy as I just moved three months ago for a new job and I hate it...been in tenn 98 days now and have worked 86 of them...Not much time for VICE...:thumbsdown:... It WILL get better... sorry for others's loss and miss fortune during the holidays... Be careful over new years as we all need to be here for 2011 and beyond!... Sounds like you are having a great time with those cards COOP!!!.....Mike[/quote']I miss you mike! :cry: Wish you were here more often, but now I understand why. Come back as often, and as soon as you can pal.Sounds like great items!Hope everything goes well with you buddy. Your a cool guy! :thumbsup:So...who's next? What did YOU get for Christmas? :thumbsup:

So...who's next? What did YOU get for Christmas? :thumbsup:

I spent Christmas with my parents in our little home in the countryside. This is the Christmas I love, away from the chaos. I do buy some presents, but lately it has all been reduced to a useless delirious shopping, what an exaggeration!Anyway, I got 2 books, a chocolates box, the 3rd game of Professor Layton for Nintendo DS, and a fluffy panda toy.When I unwrapped it I noticed that it was wearing something: a thin necklace with a little panda charm made in white and black diamonds!It's by the famous Italian jewellery brand Pomellato and a percentage of the sales of the charm will be given (I hope!) to WWF for the panda conservation. I really wanted that charm and had already started saving... so you can imagine my surprise!

I spent Christmas with my parents in our little home in the countryside. This is the Christmas I love' date=' away from the chaos. I do buy some presents, but lately it has all been reduced to a useless delirious shopping, what an exaggeration!Anyway, I got 2 books, a chocolates box, the 3rd game of Professor Layton for Nintendo DS, and a fluffy panda toy.When I unwrapped it I noticed that it was wearing something: a thin necklace with a little panda charm made in white and black diamonds!It's by the famous Italian jewellery brand Pomellato and a percentage of the sales of the charm will be given (I hope!) to WWF for the panda conservation. I really wanted that charm and had already started saving... so you can imagine my surprise![/quote']What a wonderful PANDA gift!! What a great idea! I'll bet you won't let that necklace out of your site for a while. :thumbsup: Pandas are cool. What a wonderful Christmas you had. I'm so happy that you had a great time with family. Wear the necklace and charm with pride!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:Thanks for taking a moment to share with us what you got! :clap:So....who's next? What did YOU get for X-MAS???:thumbsup:(P.S. This is what I bought myself for Christmas!)Click here http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15200-NEW!-80-S-WAYFARERS-ARE-BACK!