WHATCHA GET FOR X-MAS?

COOPER&BURNETT

This year I've been given an underwater digital camera for my next Florida snorkelling trip)' date=' the newest CSI game for the wii, the complete set of Eddie Izzard dvds as well as assorted books, cds, sweets, bottles of wine and some money (which will go into the bank towards my car's tyre blow-out on Christmas Eve!)[/quote']Sounds great! I'd love the new camera. Wouldn't mind having it myself.I've had a nail in my tire for almost a year. It didn't leak air much at all for many, many months. But for the last couple of months it lost more and more air, till I had to fill it evey other day! Eventually, I got it fixed. The place that sold me the tire fixes nails, and flats for free if you bought the tire from them. Sorry for your blowout. :cry: So.....who's next?? What did YOU get for x-mas?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Chloe

• LNGLK

• Frey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately' date=' I don't look forward to the holidays anymore...[/quote']Neither do I. This year I gave myself a couple of days off spent on reading the books and watching the movie which I had bought as Christmas presents for myself :> earlier this month. I also watched three episodes of Miami Vice and I may still pamper myself tonight as I'm not coming back to work before 3rd January...The magic of Christmas is gone for ever for me since all my relatives have passed away. The people I know seem to be celebrating but from what I can see around me 21st century Xmases have nothing to do with what I remember from my childhood. It's a shop till you drop shopping spree, a real frenzy. I don't like it.

Neither do I. This year I gave myself a couple of days off spent on reading the books and watching the movie which I had bought as Christmas presents for myself :> earlier this month. I also watched three episodes of Miami Vice and I may still pamper myself tonight as I'm not coming back to work before 3rd January...The magic of Christmas is gone for ever for me since all my relatives have passed away. The people I know seem to be celebrating but from what I can see around me 21st century Xmases have nothing to do with what I remember from my childhood. It's a shop till you drop shopping spree' date=' a real frenzy. I don't like it.[/quote'] I would feel the same way if I were you. I wouldn't be any fun at all. In fact, it would hurt.The older I get, the less intereted I am with it, as it just means spending money, and hard work for me.However, I do visit and celebrate it, as it would be odd to my family if I didn't. Saddly, I'm more happy when it's over, than when it's coming.Nothing wrong with buying yourself Christmas presents for yourself!Hope you enjoyed the books, and watching the movie (and let's not forget watching MIAMI VICE!!!). I wish I could take off the time that you are taking off, but I'll use my five weeks of vacation when it's sunny and warm, and hopefully go on a cruise to a tropical place. :thumbsup:So.....Who's next?? What did YOU get for Christmas. We wanna know!! :thumbsup:

I would feel the same way if I were you. I wouldn't be any fun at all. In fact' date=' it would hurt.[/quote']Thank you for your words of support, they were really comforting. Obviously, it hurts a lot especially as I remember all the time those Christmases I spent with my family, including the last one when my Mom already knew her diagnosis but tried to act as if nothing had happened... In my country Christmas is the biggest festivity, streets are empty, if you are alone and, let's say, 25+ (some discos are open), there's nowhere to go which makes you feel even more vulnerable.
I do visit and celebrate it' date=' as it would be odd to my family if I didn't. Saddly, I'm more happy when it's over, than when it's coming.[/quote']I perfectly know what you mean. All those festivities often were difficult for me as I had to clench my teeth and be patient when my grandmother was grumpy, when other family members were acting up. I often asked myself, "What am I doing here?" and couldn't wait for that festive season to be over. But what we do, we do for our family - not for ourselves - for our nearest and dearest who are around one year and the next they may be gone.
Nothing wrong with buying yourself Christmas presents for yourself!Hope you enjoyed the books' date=' and watching the movie (and let's not forget watching MIAMI VICE!!!).[/quote']I always try to buy something for myself, in fact who else knows me and my tastes better than I do? :D. I've already read two books this week but watching three episodes of Miami Vice in a row has been the best treat so far - I'm going to repeat it tonight!
I wish I could take off the time that you are taking off' date=' but I'll use my five weeks of vacation when it's sunny and warm, and hopefully go on a cruise to a tropical place. :thumbsup:[/quote']I think I should envy you - frankly speaking, this year I wouldn't like to take any time off and I'd rather work as much as possible to take my mind off my worries for a while. I don't have a boat that "needs to be scraped or polished and fixed" so I have too much time for thinking now. As an E.T. :) I can't take my holidays when I want to but I have to stick to the school year schedule...I wonder what other people have gotten for Xmas (or bought for themselves); I won't hide that I'm most interested in Miami Vice-like stuff! :cool:

I wonder what other people have gotten for Xmas (or bought for themselves); I won't hide that I'm most interested in Miami Vice-like stuff! :cool:

I didn't get anything VICE for Christmas, as there isn't much out there for gifts, and I buy my own VICE items when I see fit.If I can, today, or tomorrow, I'm going to buy brand new WAYFARER RAYBANS that are retro sunglasses made to look like the 80's version, but made with better material. They have some slight differences, but it still looks very close to the original.So....Who's next?? What did YOU get for XMAS?WE WANNA KNOW!!! :thumbsup:

I got some money and a wireless weather station.This year, was a bit sad for me as my ve needed to put my dog to sleep. He´s been my companion for 10 3/4 years.But today, I received a message that was a bit like a belated Christmas gift. My dog´s daughter gave birth to seven whelps in the Holy Night.

The people I know seem to be celebrating but from what I can see around me 21st century Xmases have nothing to do with what I remember from my childhood. It's a shop till you drop shopping spree' date=' a real frenzy. I don't like it.[/quote'] My sentiments as well...Having gone through two marriages buying gifts for spouses have taken it's toll. I'd much rather spend that money vacationing!

I got airplane tix to Orlando for later this winter, some pants, money, and other stuff ( toothpaste, deoderant, etc.)I also got an ipad which was a make-up gift from a few years ago when santa didn't deliver a laptop.Also, while I was shopping for others, one of the malls I went to had an fye that was going out of business. I treated myself to the Bourne Trilogy for $6.99 PER movie! :D

Since my Mom dies Christmas hasn't been the same and my family seems to be drifting further apart. I suppose it's to be expected or at least it is what it is. I had hoped for a Bren Ten, but that's not to be anytime soon so i got myself a Sig 220 that was on special for under $700. A good buy and Sonny used a variation in the pilot and when he was "Bad Sonny". It's a good pistol for it's time and will still do what it did 20 to 30 years ago. I would of liked to of been issued one.A married friend got me some items. I'm a little concerned about that as she's been getting more in my space lately if you know what I mean. If she wasn't married I'd be interested, but I may be wrong and if not it would only end badly. For next Christmas I plan on being elsewhere. Last year I was in FL for Christmas and enjoyed it more than being in cold Ohio. I'm planning on putting the house up for sale and move south to FL. People in my family tell me I won't like southern FL, but I plan on renting for a while at different locations in FL and perhaps elsewhere.

I got some money and a wireless weather station.This year' date=' was a bit sad for me as my ve needed to put my dog to sleep. He´s been my companion for 10 3/4 years.But today, I received a message that was a bit like a belated Christmas gift. My dog´s daughter gave birth to seven whelps in the Holy Night.[/quote']Nice gifts, especially your dog's daughter's puppies! :clap:

A married friend got me some items. I'm a little concerned about that as she's been getting more in my space lately if you know what I mean. If she wasn't married I'd be interested' date=' but I may be wrong and if not it would only end badly. [/quote']The gun sounds awesome! You still can get a Bren Ten at a later date.Just curious, what did your married friend give you??Good idea renting in So. FL. first to see how you like it. :clap:Great Stuff pal.So.... who's next?? What did YOU get for XMAS? :thumbsup:

I got the Miami Vice collection from my parents' date=' which is now one of my prized possessions. :)[/quote']AWESOME!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:That's great! Something "MIAMI VICE".I'm going to start a thread about something VICE that I bought for myself for Chirstmas.So....who's next??What did YOU get for X-MAS?? :thumbsup:

Neither do I. This year I gave myself a couple of days off spent on reading the books and watching the movie which I had bought as Christmas presents for myself :> earlier this month. I also watched three episodes of Miami Vice and I may still pamper myself tonight as I'm not coming back to work before 3rd January...The magic of Christmas is gone for ever for me since all my relatives have passed away. The people I know seem to be celebrating but from what I can see around me 21st century Xmases have nothing to do with what I remember from my childhood. It's a shop till you drop shopping spree' date=' a real frenzy. I don't like it.[/quote'] Brenda - I hope you were able to enjoy some of the Holidays with friends.

Brenda - I hope you were able to enjoy some of the Holidays with friends.

Sonny-Burnett, what did YOU get for x-mas??

Sonny-Burnett' date=' what did YOU get for x-mas??[/quote'] Well COOP, first thanks for asking. Me, well the McBurnie I bought back in May and continuing expenses have been regular and recurring presents to myself for months now.;)So spending was light this year on other things. But picked up Season 3 of Burn Notice, some Don Johnson biographies from Ebay, and a few clothes. Hope you also had a great Christmas COOP.:prost:S-B

Well COOP' date=' first thanks for asking. Me, well the McBurnie I bought back in May and continuing expenses have been regular and recurring presents to myself for months now.;)So spending was light this year on other things. But picked up Season 3 of Burn Notice, some Don Johnson biographies from Ebay, and a few clothes. But the best thing to happen to me was making a really good new friend just before Christmas this year. :thumbsup:Hope you also had a great Christmas COOP.:prost:S-B[/quote']Sounds great!! Thanks for sharing!P.S., You have a very nice car Pal! :thumbsup:So....who's next? What did YOU get for X-mas? :thumbsup:

Brenda - I hope you were able to enjoy some of the Holidays with friends.

No' date=' it was just my dog and several Miami Vice episodes :p to accompany me over the festive season but I'm not going to feel sorry for myself. [i'](Don't worry about me, Sonny-Burnett. They haven't invented a tricky situation I can't handle.) ;) Thanks for your concern and congratulations on making friends with that great person right before Christmas (thank goodness it's not Callie :))

I got the Miami Vice collection from my parents' date=' which is now one of my prized possessions. :)[/quote']Cool! If I didn't have one already, this is what I would like to get or to buy for myself! A real treat! It'll definitely keep you busy now! :D

I got some money and a wireless weather station.This year' date=' was a bit sad for me as my ve needed to put my dog to sleep. He´s been my companion for 10 3/4 years.But today, I received a message that was a bit like a belated Christmas gift. My dog´s daughter gave birth to seven whelps in the Holy Night.[/quote']I know about your poor dog from the thread in the German forum and I know the feeling... The news about those puppies is great, though. Obviously, our pets are irreplaceable but there is some significance in the arrival of those puppies soon after the death of your beloved dog... I'd like to get a kitten from an animal shelter as my 18-year-old cat died last year but I don't know how my dog would react to a cat in the house... I may try and give myself a "nameday present" (in Poland we celebrate namedays, our saint patron days) in January, though. I'll consult my vet and will think about it...

Since my Mom dies Christmas hasn't been the same and my family seems to be drifting further apart. I suppose it's to be expected or at least it is what it is. (...) A married friend got me some items. I'm a little concerned about that as she's been getting more in my space lately if you know what I mean. If she wasn't married I'd be interested' date=' but I may be wrong and if not it would only end badly. [/quote']I'm sorry to hear that. It seems that no matter if you still have some relatives around or not, festive seasons without your parents are never the same. What an awkward situation with that married woman! Many people behave like this, though, yet it amazes me. Gee, I wouldn't have the nerve!
Just curious' date=' what did your married friend give you??[/quote']So am I although it might be an intimate question!
Good idea renting in So. FL. first to see how you like it. :clap:
I agree!

I'd like to get a kitten from an animal shelter as my 18-year-old cat died last year but I don't know how my dog would react to a cat in the house... I may try and give myself a "nameday present" (in Poland we celebrate namedays' date=' our saint patron days) in January, though. I'll consult my vet and will think about it...[/quote'] When we had bought our first dog in 1998, our cat was three years old and not used to dogs. It wasn´t easy for them to cope with each other, but they succeeded. They´d never been big friends, but they accepted each other. If you give them enough time, they will learn to get along with each other.

Do you have a he-dog or a she-dog?

It's a female, she is 12 years old (!) and like most dogs she doesn't like cats - well, I'm not going to write more here about my menagerie as I don't want to risk being scolded for this off-topic again but you can see my Christmas companion :D in my gallery. How are you folks today when for most of us (apart from our Russian Vicers) Christmas is already gone and forgotten but New Year's Eve is approaching fast? I must say that since I reached 30 (not to mention my 40th birthday) I'm not so keen on New Year festivities any longer... :p

So...who's next?What did YOU get for X-mas?? :thumbsup:(later, I'll show two things I got for myself.)but for now, what did you get for x-mas? :thumbsup: