New DVD release

DaytonVicer

This is quite a pointless release - apart from the fact you get Season 1 and 2 on single sided discs if you didnt want to buy the whole Complete Season set.I hope we will see a release on Blu - Ray in the future of the Complete Series.The Sopranos(Season 1 Only) has just come out on blu in the last few months and their are rumors Friends will come out this year or in 2011.Blu Ray is coming on slow ( snail-pace slow for tv shows on blu ray - especially older shows).:D

Miami Vice didn't hit DVD until 2004, about six or seven years after DVD was introduced so I wouldn't count on Blu-Ray for now. If you are someone who bought all five seasons seperately, you probably wouldn't go out and spend $150 or so to rebuy the whole series, the first two seasons had some skipping trouble and it's great to see them release single-sided discs at last (although I found a 6-disc set of Season One last year at Best Buy, they still say it's a 3-disc set online) and at $24.99, it's a better alternative to buying the box set if you already own the other seasons.

• Administrators

I'm not ready to switch to Blu-Ray just yet. Although, like a moron, I've bought more than one DVD that was Blu-Ray from Wal-Mart and had to take it back and get the regular version. :o:o:oI guess by the time MV comes out on Blu-Ray I'll buy a player and get MV on it.My season one and two disc's are a little quirky on some eps. due to the double sided disc's. I can't understand how the disk goes from the holder it came in to the inside of the DVD player and somehow manages to get scratched up? :radar:

I can't understand how the disk goes from the holder it came in to the inside of the DVD player and somehow manages to get scratched up? :radar:

Magnum P.I. obsessed hitwomen who hold a maniacal grudge against Vice for stealing the thunder from that show 20 years later sneak into peoples houses at night and go at their DVDs with their long, well manicured nails, they then dress in robes and hold hands in a circle and put a spell on the DVD so certain scenes will skip, then make a break for the hitwoman-mobile and head back to their place for breakfast.Well, it's the best I can come up with.:D

I'm not ready to switch to Blu-Ray just yet. Although' date=' like a moron, I've bought more than one DVD that was Blu-Ray from Wal-Mart and had to take it back and get the regular version. :o:o:oI guess by the time MV comes out on Blu-Ray I'll buy a player and get MV on it.My season one and two disc's are a little quirky on some eps. due to the double sided disc's. I can't understand how the disk goes from the holder it came in to the inside of the DVD player and somehow manages to get scratched up? :radar:[/quote']May just need to be cleaned with a good disc cleaner. I bought some used DVDs on EBay that didn't work well until I gave them a good cleaning.

This is quite a pointless release - apart from the fact you get Season 1 and 2 on single sided discs if you didnt want to buy the whole Complete Season set.

My thoughts exactly; why bother with more DVD releases when they should be entering the Blu-ray arena? For what it's worth, I was in Best Buy last week and there were no Miami Vice DVD sets on the shelf.