What do you do with your "Dadrian covers"?

musicfan

May seem like a strange question (cue responses like "I listen to them, ya freak!), but after a few emails back and forth with the genius himself, it suddenly dawned that people may do more than just listen.Here's my list.Itunes has a playlist containing just Dadrians covers.My ringtone on my (cell)phone is now KlausMy message tone is Slow ThemeI use the covers as per their original intention. I make videos and use Dadrians covers as cues in the film. (This is where I got this thread idea from, after asking permission from Dadrian to use the covers)Plus I always try to find situations where the cues could be used in storytelling.Your turn guys & gals :cheers:

Guest neworder

I played Brenda on my radio show that I did on Durham University's radio station last year (obvs with his permission). It was a Miami Vice themed show and I played Dadrians cue alongside some of Jan Hammer's

I play them off this website when I'm online here, and I listen to them in my car. I always have them in my car, and I have blasted the music loudly at red lights once or twice with the windows down so the rap lovers could hear real music for a change.

• Administrators

Definitely on my ipod and I play them when I'm on the PC. If it's possible to wear out an mp3 I'll be the first to do it!

Actually I have the ring tone of Miami vice when my phone rings and people all around are thinking WTF???I do listen to my Dadrian tunes on the puter when I'm working on something. It's great background music!Thanks Dadrian..................

• 5 weeks later...

I have Dadrian's stuff along with Rick Leon's and DashN's covers mixed in with Jan's pieces.On quiet evenings I can easilly sit for hours with a drink (or two) and hit random play, and just sit back and relax.:cool:

awesome thread! :)thanks to musicfan and all of you for your comments. sorry i'm just now seeing this. i've been working all weekend.believe it or not, just the other day i was wondering the same thing: "what happens to the songs after downloaded?"its nice to know that so many of you enjoy the songs time and again. that really makes it even more worth the effort.on that note i'll go ahead an announce that Definitely Miami 2010 is almost finished. my annual holiday hiatus is finally over! if i can get out of work sometime this week, you just might see it in the next few days.thanks again to all of you. you're the best.

• 5 months later...

I planted all your covers right into my Vice playlist on the old pc and the laptop, Dadrian (along with my ipod - for when I'm not at home). Then I hit the randomizer and I get to enjoy them and all the other great music from Vice for hours, never in the same order. You truly are the best guy here for all your hard work and I thank you very much!

Hey buddy!!I know you have been quiet due to work, but just thought I'd ask how you are? Hope all is ok.Take it easy

hi musicfan. all is well here in texas, thanks. i hope to get back to work on my current project very soon. once i get started back, it shouldn't take long to finish.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, your tracks actually made me cry! I’m not kidding.. when I heard The Heist, it put me back.. over 20 years back. I instantly remembered the first time seeing the episode.. transferred back to the 80s.. to a timeframe where everything was simply better. Just this one took me straight into my little world where everything is so different.. just perfect for me.This is why I moved my butt from Europe to Miami. This is why I needed almost 10 years to get it done..Thanks so much for these very special moments :cool:Don

• 4 weeks later...

don, sorry i missed that post. glad to be apart of your moment. those are the whole reason i keep watching mv.and tony yes get a cd made!! :)