Hello from France !

Vega17

Hi,I have joined this forum since some weeks and it is the very first time I post. The only reason is my english ... I understand quite well but it's hard for me to find the words to express my thoughts and feelings. So, please disregard my mistakes and French style :pI'm a fan since MV was broadcasted in France around '84 to '91 (I was a teen when I discovered it).I would say MV is my secret world since I was young (like many girls/women here I am a DJ fan as well :happy:).I can say that MV affected my life choices, especially when I met the person who would become my husband for some years ... At this time He owned a scarab (a little one but a real scarab :happy:), then he had others powerfull boats and many sportscars too (that I loved driving), but the comparison with MV stops here :rolleyes:Now I live a very ordinary simple life (no boats and luxurious cars anymore), and even if I have no regrets, I cannot forget what I lived before and I am very happy to have found this forum which reminds me very good memories :)For Christmas, I offered myself the full DVD collection and I enjoy reading you, it is a kind of gold mine here :happy:

Hey Vega! Many Greetings from Germany! Good that you found this side! You will have so much fun! English is my problem too, I can reed and understand, but not write......But nobody here say bad things about this... It's like a big family here - I love this site and all people.. :happy:Sonny68

• Administrators

Welcome to the site Vega! Your English is pretty good! Let us know if you need anything! :thumbsup:

Bonjour Vega17!!!!comment allez-vous? Bienvenue!!!! That's only a little bit of what I have learned how to say in French, as it is one of 3 languages I am learning how to speak.If you have any questions that I may be able to help you with, S'il vous plait don't hesitate to ask me. I am here to help you in any way that I can.Enchante!!!!:)

• Administrators

Welcome aboard. Your English is better then a lot of our natives here.Check out our glossary section when you get a chance. It will keep you busy for a while.

Je suis alle' a Paris pour voir Depeche Mode, la meillure groupe de monde. Apres Duran Duran, bien sur. Paris est tres belle en ete.Pardon ma mauvais Francais.Bienvenue!

Welcome.WELCOME.WELCOME!! :cheers:Check out my vintage, and screen worn MIAMI VICE clothes in the scrapbook section. :thumbsup:

Welcome, Vega! :)And do not worry about your English, it's very good! Even not being a native speaker I understand everything you say! Well, I mean - write... ;)

Actually, it seems to me that pretty much everyone who has written on this site that come from non english speaking countries, appear to write english very well.If you feel your writen english is not perfect, don't worry, it may be just a lack of confidence in your skills that you feel you will be insulted, or teased by members. That is not the case here. We are not like that.We value your comments, and WANT to read what you have to say.I think there has only been one time that someone has written so poorly that I couldn't understand what what written, but they were not insulted, or teased.....I just couldn't undertand them, that's all.So please, start writting, and or commenting on MIAMI VICE things on this site.We are friendly, and are a "safe haven" for MIAMI VICE fans.-COOP

Actually' date=' it seems to me that pretty much everyone who has written on this site that come from non english speaking countries, appear to write english very well.If you feel your writen english is not perfect, don't worry, it may be just a lack of confidence in your skills that you feel you will be insulted, or teased by members. That is not the case here. We are not like that.We value your comments, and WANT to read what you have to say.I think there has only been one time that someone has written so poorly that I couldn't understand what what written, but they were not insulted, or teased.....I just couldn't undertand them, that's all.So please, start writting, and or commenting on MIAMI VICE things on this site.We are friendly, and are a "safe haven" for MIAMI VICE fans.-COOP[/quote']Well said.:clap:And I totaly agree, it really feels like a "safe haven"

Welcome aboard Vega. You are among friends here. I would extend the invitation to all of our friends from abroad. Please post! I have never had major issues reading posts from our friends from around the world. :)

• Administrators
Actually' date=' it seems to me that pretty much everyone who has written on this site that come from non english speaking countries, appear to write english very well.If you feel your writen english is not perfect, don't worry, it may be just a lack of confidence in your skills that you feel you will be insulted, or teased by members. That is not the case here. We are not like that.We value your comments, and WANT to read what you have to say.I think there has only been one time that someone has written so poorly that I couldn't understand what what written, but they were not insulted, or teased.....I just couldn't undertand them, that's all.So please, start writting, and or commenting on MIAMI VICE things on this site.We are friendly, and are a "safe haven" for MIAMI VICE fans.-COOP[/quote']+1 one that!This is the friendliest board you'll find. No fighting or insults or any kind of member bashing. The few rare times that has happened, admin took care of it real quick!We are all here to learn and discuss things about the show we love so much.We look forward to reading your posts. :thumbsup:

What a warm welcome !!! I am very touched, thank you all :oRegarding my English, well, my concern is not to be criticized (I know nobody would do it here) but the difficulty to find the good words to express what I want to say ... Imagine the time it takes me to write 10 lines :sleep:The good side of this is that it will motivate me to read more English so that writing become more automatic. You know, I am more at ease in my job (I perfectly know the technical vocabulary of my field and I also speak Spanish), I don't spent one hour to write an e-mail :D but here it is different, I have to use more vocabulary, but don't worry I will learn !Thank you to people who wrote in french ;) john, you say we are only two French here ??? I thougt we should not be many, but a little more than two :p ... never mind !

all :oRegarding my English, well, my concern is not to be criticized (I know nobody would do it here) but the difficulty to find the good words to express what I want to say ... Imagine the time it takes me to write 10 lines :sleep:The good side of this is that it will motivate me to read more English so that writing become more automatic. You know, I am more at ease in my job (I perfectly know the technical vocabulary of my field and I also speak Spanish), I don't spent one hour to write an e-mail :D but here it is different, I have to use more vocabulary, but don't worry I will learn !Thank you to people who wrote in french ;) john, you say we are only two French here ??? I thougt we should not be many, but a little more than two :p ... never mind !

Hola Vega!!!!Como estas? Espero que te encuentres muy bien. Siendo de Padres Y Familiares Cubanos, Yo tambien hablo, escribo, y leo muy bien el Espanol. Dime, Tu lo entiendes, lees y escribes bien tambien?Espero que lo pases muy bien aqui. Si tienes alguna pregunta o duda sobre algo, espero que sepas que me puedes preguntar a mi, y yo te ayudare en lo que pueda.Bienvenido!!!! Es un gusto tenerte aqui!!!!P.S.: For All Members who did not understand what I was saying, I was just saying Hello to Vega in Spanish. I was asking him how he was & telling him that I hoped that he was doing really well.I was also telling him that being of Cuban Parents & Family Members, I also spoke, wrote, & read Spanish really well. And I was asking him if he also spoke, wrote & read Spanish good.I also was telling him that I hoped that he had a wonderful time on here, and that if he had any questions or doubts on anything, that I hoped that he knew that he could ask me & I would try to help him in any way that I could.Bienvenido is the Spanish word for Welcome.And I was also closing out the post by stating that it was a pleasure to have him here.

Hola Vega!!!!Como estas? Espero que te encuentres muy bien. Siendo de Padres Y Familiares Cubanos' date=' Yo tambien hablo, escribo, y leo muy bien el Espanol. Dime, Tu lo entiendes, lees y escribes bien tambien?Espero que lo pases muy bien aqui. Si tienes alguna pregunta o duda sobre algo, espero que sepas que me puedes preguntar a mi, y yo te ayudare en lo que pueda.Bienvenido!!!! Es un gusto tenerte aqui!!!![/quote']Hola Maria! Que tal? Viendo aqui, no sabia que iba a pasar una prueba de lenguas ... pero no te preocupes, es un placer! Habia visto que tu hablabas Espanol muy bien, es un poco normal si tienes padres Espanoles (asi como un nombre Espanol).Hablar Espanol en un foro me parece menos dificil que Ingles porque hablo mas Espanol (oralmente) en mi trabajo - pero he estudiado Ingles mas anos, entonces el resultado es casi igual ahora.He olvidado una cosita : soy una chica ;)Maybe I should traduce the last sentence in case someone would have missed this detail... I am a women :) ! But don't worry I am not touchy !