One of the original 6 Vice Daytonas

jurassic narc

I usually ignore these pretenders, but this guy's EBAY listing is just too good! One more indication that you should take your medication like your doctor prescribed.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MIAMI-VICE-DAYTONA-SPYDER-ORIGINAL-FROM-TV-SHOW-WOW_W0QQitemZ330394267984QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item4ced087150

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Sonny-Burnett

• Stinger390X

• Kavinsky

I like how he added this....SORRY IT WAS A GAIL BANKS TWIN TURBO THAT WAS ORIG IN THE CAR. AND HAVE THE DOC ON IT FOR THE GUY WHO THINKS THERE WERE ONLY 2 CARS MADE FOR THE SHOW.. TOM MCBURNIE CAME ON LATER AFTER GEORGE BARRIS AND STEVE CATTELLI WERE ALLREADY REDISIGNING THE CAR, MR. MIAMI VICE EXPERT.. AND THERE WERE A TOTAL OF 6 CARS MADE.ORIGINALLY.. OK THERE MR DON JOHNSON WANNA BE,!!!!!! STICK THAT UP YR RESEARCH AZZT AND JUST THE PAINT ON MY CAR ALONE WAS OVER $7,000He obviously has an attitude. It's in every sentence he writes.Go ahead, write him.Or, BETTER YET, inform EBAY that this is a fraudulent statement for the sale of the car, and you have proof.

This has had this same ad on EBAY, with a different rant each time. The claim of being a real MV Car is new. But, just the way his item is presented is so inappropriate that I am surprised EBAY hasn't already pulled his plug. The car is not even similar to the MV car except that they are both black. The Corvette style top cover, the reworked flairs over the rear wheels, and other aspects of the car make me wonder if it is even a McBurnie original body. This is one more reminder to LET THE BUYER BEWARE.(Thought you would enjoy reading this little item, C&B!!)JN

• Administrators

There were 6 cars??? I thought there were 56 cars originally made specifically for the show? :radar::confused::radar::confused:...at least if you were to count the Ebay listing for "originals" that is.

Oh...another belly button........Thanks for posting JN. Always good to have a laugh, and yes Coop I can also see the guy has quite an attitude??? Wonder why?He must be on meds?

This has had this same ad on EBAY' date=' with a different rant each time. The claim of being a real MV Car is new. But, just the way his item is presented is so inappropriate that I am surprised EBAY hasn't already pulled his plug. The car is not even similar to the MV car except that they are both black. The Corvette style top cover, the reworked flairs over the rear wheels, and other aspects of the car make me wonder if it is even a McBurnie original body. This is one more reminder to LET THE BUYER BEWARE.(Thought you would enjoy reading this little item, C&B!!)JN[/quote']I did enjoy it Jurrassic, but I'm also NOT happy that he is lying. He needs to be reported to ebay. I'm NOT joking. It's false advertising. That is ILLEGAL.He claims to have redone the car several times (even changed the door handles) including the interior, and exterior.One of 6 cars..... He needs to be reported! :thumbsdown:

Oh...another belly button........Thanks for posting JN. Always good to have a laugh' date=' and yes Coop I can also see the guy has quite an attitude??? Wonder why?He must be on meds?[/quote']Roids.

He's tried more than a few times to part with this car. Buyer beware? Sure. Any true Vice fan would prolly pass yet, for what the car is and he claims 7K for paint? Being Black, that is VERY cheap, for black, that is. Hardest color/shade to paint 'cause of all the prep-work...WAY more than any other color. Looks more like a mild custom. Shaved door handles, maybe? Kinda confusing with all the other pics of other stuff not relating to this car in question. He's starting at twenty five. Prolly will take twenty. And I'm willing to bet he's been insultingly offered less than half that for months. I could understand his frustration, yet advertising it like a D-BAG isn't gonna get you anywhere....Maybe he really doesn't want to sell that bad....I dunno...My 2¢...Mike

If nobody is willing to red flag him to ebay for making false claims, perhaps we could screw with him.We could all make outlandish offers, like $2,000 or something. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I reported the ad to ebay...now it shows ended. -Good riddance!

I just HAD to laugh at GEORGEOUS (at least they could have used a spell-check prior to the posting...)...the eBay ad possibly may be the inaugural posting to a new WS category: WORST/MOST FRAUDULENT VICE MemorabiliaMaybe just shorten the category name to VICES VICE...

I just HAD to laugh at GEORGEOUS (at least they could have used a spell-check prior to the posting...)...the eBay ad possibly may be the inaugural posting to a new WS category: WORST/MOST FRAUDULENT VICE MemorabiliaMaybe just shorten the category name to VICES VICE...

Not only does he make false statements, and he can't spell, he has "ROID RAGE". He's mean. I'd hate to deal with him while buying his car.

I reported the ad to ebay...now it shows ended. -Good riddance!

By God....THANK YOU!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:You did the RIGHT thing! :thumbsup:THANK YOU!

Daytona is relisted on ebay.They relisted this car on ebay after it was reported as false. There is no way this car is the original. Why the hell would someone paint the car red after knowing it is the original from the show? I reported the false listing again to ebay.

They relisted this car on ebay after it was reported as false. There is no way this car is the original. Why the hell would someone paint the car red after knowing it is the original from the show? I reported the false listing again to ebay.

Thank you for stepping up!! :clap::clap::clap:Keep reporting it.It's NOT an original from the show.THANK YOU for reporting it! :thumbsup:

Two different carsThe door handles on the red car (which he claimed he painted red) are on the side. The door handles on the black car are mounted further up and on top.....two different cars. The red car is either a newer model or an actual real Daytona that he took a picture of, the black car is a late 60's model corvette based model...

The door handles on the red car (which he claimed he painted red) are on the side. The door handles on the black car are mounted further up and on top.....two different cars. The red car is either a newer model or an actual real Daytona that he took a picture of' date=' the black car is a late 60's model corvette based model...[/quote']They should pull his ad.Keep reporting it if it is yanked and relisted.It's the right thing to do, so a vice fan isn't ripped off.Great job!-COOP

But it looks like he is no longer claiming this is one the cars used on Miami Vice.

Guess we showed him. :DDon't mess with a MIAMI VICE fan!

• 2 months later...

Only just read the link from this thread. You would think you would get the colour for the car right if you were trying to flog it as an original. Like the part where he describes its performance as having "all and everything for speed". The way he writes, and sales methods, show there is something to do with speed. Not sure which type though.Would like a dollar for every Miami Vice related item, for sale claimed to be original.:D:D:D

I just looked at the thread again and noticed that in his set of pictures...the black profile has large flares and a tan top with open headlights. The side views have no flares and the headlights are covered with plexiglass???This means to me that he is just using pictures of different cars? I wonder which one is the actual car that he is selling?What a jerk!

The listings ended but it looks like he's going to relist since the reserver was not met and judging by this he's not going to stop:On Jan-10-10 at 19:47:30 PST, seller added the following information:SORRY IT WAS A GAIL BANKS TWIN TURBO THAT WAS ORIG IN THE CAR. AND HAVE THE DOC ON IT FOR THE GUY WHO THINKS THERE WERE ONLY 2 CARS MADE FOR THE SHOW.. TOM MCBURNIE CAME ON LATER AFTER GEORGE BARRIS AND STEVE CATTELLI WERE ALLREADY REDISIGNING THE CAR, MR. MIAMI VICE EXPERT.. AND THERE WERE A TOTAL OF 6 CARS MADE.ORIGINALLY.. OK THERE MR DON JOHNSON WANNA BE,!!!!!! STICK THAT UP YR RESEARCH AZZT AND JUST THE PAINT ON MY CAR ALONE WAS OVER $7,000http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MIAMI-VICE-DAYTONA-SPYDER-ORIGINAL-FROM-TV-SHOW-WOW_W0QQitemZ330394267984QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item4ced087150gotta love this seller feedback:Eingefügtes BildBE VERY CAREFUL OF THIS SELLER AND DO NOT PAY UNTIL YOU SEE WHAT YOU BOUGHT34hudson350 ( 41Eingefügtes Bild) Sep-13-06 12:52

[*]Reply by viperreplicas (Oct-05-06 08:01):NITT PICKY NEAT- FREAK . DONT BUY AN URESTORED OLD VETTE. BUY A 2007 $50,000

I have seen this car on ebay several times in 2009.He has changed his descriptions since then. Second or third time it was listed he was sick and only had little time left, so he hadn`t had the possibility to assemble the car. It looks like he is fine now since he has finished this original car from the series. It had tan interior and the car was covered in dust in a garage that looked to be in bad condition in his prior auctions.What a great guy! But most of the so called McBurnie`s on eBay looks very bad.