One of the original 6 Vice Daytonas

jurassic narc

I still say the guy is totally fickle and he is not sure what the heck he is selling? As I said before...one picture has flares the other hasn't...What the heck is the car that is actually for sale?I would hate to deal with the guy eye to eye as I would probably end up punching him in the face!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Sonny-Burnett

• Stinger390X

• Kavinsky

• Administrators

I think what they were trying to say was the guy sucessfully sold 17 "original" Daytonas used on the show on Ebay! ;)

• 2 years later...
I have seen this car on ebay several times in 2009.He has changed his descriptions since then. Second or third time it was listed he was sick and only had little time left' date=' so he hadn`t had the possibility to assemble the car. It looks like he is fine now since he has finished this original car from the series. It had tan interior and the car was covered in dust in a garage that looked to be in bad condition in his prior auctions.What a great guy! But most of the so called McBurnie`s on eBay looks very bad.[/quote']Same guy who was recently claiming he was 'sick' and selling his cars again. Sound familiar?

Nope back again. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330838448275&ih=014&category=7251&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1 selling another Daytona Had to laugh....note the reference to the "Miami Vice Club".
Same guy described in detail earlier in this thread' date=' and no serial number. [url']http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/viperreplicas

What a complete nob this bloke is! :thumbsdown:

So true but there are many of them selling on Ebay. Did you see the Porsche 944 thread (http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?16913-Porsche-944-in-Auction-purported-to-be-driven-by-DJ-in-MV&p=263812&highlight=PORSCHE#post263812) where the guy went to great lengths to LIE about his car used in Vice? He phonied up a photo' date=' jacket, and even a forged letter from Mann productions. All debunked on this Forum by our knowledgeable group. And then one of the worst (formerly Ebay ID miamispyders but now selling as [b']jackiev24 ) went on in the same thread using his usual style of personal insults and slander, never of course providing any specifics that an HONEST seller would do in defending his REMOVED EBAY LISTINGS. And some of us did try calling him after his tirade on the thread and of course he would never answer his phone. So much for his bluster about confronting his accusers. Yep many dishonest sellers on Ebay. Buyer beware.

• Administrators

Aside from the fact that I would never buy a car off of ebay, I have to say, that is one butt ugly red interior! Which again makes me question, why would one of the original MV Spyders have a red interior?

Aside from the fact that I would never buy a car off of ebay' date=' I have to say, that is one butt ugly red interior! Which again makes me question, why would one of the original MV Spyders have a red interior?[/quote']After sifting through his photos, which oddly include motorcycles, a Mercedes, a red viper clone, some bigfoot 4x4 and other confusing shots, here's the car (I think): [ATTACH=CONFIG]7229[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7230[/ATTACH]Not a MCB body, and red interior doesn't do it for me either. Missing a stereo and speakers he says and the holes are there to see. Stock Vette seats. "INTERIOR YOU CAN EAT OFF OF" --uh not from what I can see in this photo .Funny comments in the write-up as well:"MOTOR.. ABOUT 400 hp. most 350 engines are only 290 hp" --uh no, try 190. "NOT THE LAZY CORVETTE DASH SEEN ON OTHER REPLICAS.. " ---I have never seen a lazy dash before. Most dashes I have met are pretty active types. :)But the best line in the listing:"PS. TO THOSE GUYS IN THE MIAMI VICE CLUB THAT WISH THEY WERE DON JOHNSON AND TRIED TO KNOCK ME AND THE GUY IN ORLANDO OFF LINE,, GET A LIFE.MIAMI VICE WAS ONLY A TV SHOW ..MY CAR IS FAR BETTER BUILT THEN SOME MCBURNIE SPRAYED FROM A CHOP GUN CHEAP KIT. (GET A LIFE)" --uh, far better built by whom? And I have no idea what a "chop gun cheap kit" is. And where is the VIN number? I wonder if he ever had a bit part in Glades, say driving a Jeep through the glades wearing a hat? :)

post-36-13892965106316_thumb.jpg

post-36-13892965106879_thumb.jpg

But the best line in the listing:"PS. TO THOSE GUYS IN THE MIAMI VICE CLUB THAT WISH THEY WERE DON JOHNSON AND TRIED TO KNOCK ME AND THE GUY IN ORLANDO OFF LINE' date=', GET A LIFE.MIAMI VICE WAS ONLY A TV SHOW ..MY CAR IS FAR BETTER BUILT THEN SOME MCBURNIE SPRAYED FROM A CHOP GUN CHEAP KIT. (GET A LIFE)" --uh, far better built by whom? And I have no idea what a "chop gun cheap kit" is. And where is the VIN number? I wonder if he ever had a bit part in Glades, say driving a Jeep through the glades wearing a hat? :)[/quote']Did he ACTUALLY write that?? :D:D:DGuess he knows that he will forever NEVER get away with this type of stuff on ebay again. What he is doing is wrong. What we're doing is kind and just to those unsuspecting bidders on ebay who just don't know any better. We are actually doing a good service. Perhaps Arturo doesn't think so from his prospective, but his persective is to defraud people and doesn't wan't anyone to stand in his way.We will. Forever.

• Administrators

"PS. TO THOSE GUYS IN THE MIAMI VICE CLUB THAT WISH THEY WERE DON JOHNSON AND TRIED TO KNOCK ME AND THE GUY IN ORLANDO OFF LINE,, GET A LIFE.MIAMI VICE WAS ONLY A TV SHOW We should get a life? If it wasn't for Miami Vice nobody would even want a fake Daytona!

"PS. TO THOSE GUYS IN THE MIAMI VICE CLUB THAT WISH THEY WERE DON JOHNSON AND TRIED TO KNOCK ME AND THE GUY IN ORLANDO OFF LINE' date=', GET A LIFE.MIAMI VICE WAS ONLY A TV SHOW We should get a life? If it wasn't for Miami Vice nobody would even want a fake Daytona![/quote']True. Veeerryyy true!

Did he ACTUALLY write that?? :D:D:DGuess he knows that he will forever NEVER get away with this type of stuff on ebay again. What he is doing is wrong. What we're doing is kind and just to those unsuspecting bidders on ebay who just don't know any better. We are actually doing a good service. Perhaps Arturo doesn't think so from his prospective' date=' but his persective is to defraud people and doesn't wan't anyone to stand in his way.We will. Forever.[/quote']Yep this was a quote from his listing (have a look at the Ebay link I posted) and is the SAME GUY listed in this thread from a couple years back, namely viperreplicas out of Ft Lauderdale area with a 954 area code. He obviously wrote this to the members here because several early posters in this thread got his number a couple years ago and now he is at it again. He's the same guy with the aggressive tone, hostile attitude, and that made false claims of having one of the supposedly 6 cars in Vice, etc. His last (negative) feedback from a buyer Kavinsky described in an earlier post here says it all. Not the same guy as Arturo, formerly known as miamispyders, and formerly a resident of Miami and now in Tampa, though under his new Ebay ID (jackiev24) he alleges his Testarossa replicar is in PA. Yeah, right. ;)I know these guys don't like the negative press we are giving them in here, nor do they like their listings getting pulled from a number of Ebayers apparently. But that's too damned bad because as far as I'm concerned, if they falsely advertise their cars we will call them on it. :evil:After all, the market for these cars is mostly Vice enthusiasts, and I believe most of them are members here and they should at least be able to negotiate with all the facts and not be swayed by false and misleading representations by these sellers. Nor should the prices for these cars be inflated due to false representations.

"PS. TO THOSE GUYS IN THE MIAMI VICE CLUB THAT WISH THEY WERE DON JOHNSON AND TRIED TO KNOCK ME AND THE GUY IN ORLANDO OFF LINE' date=', GET A LIFE.MIAMI VICE WAS ONLY A TV SHOW We should get a life? If it wasn't for Miami Vice nobody would even want a fake Daytona![/quote']Kinda illustrates the level of stupidity we are dealing with, doesn't it. :rolleyes:

Kinda illustrates the depth of stupidity we are dealing with' date=' doesn't it. :rolleyes:[/quote']You know, if they didn't over inflate their prices, and just listed it's flaws and didn't make false claims, posted the seriel number, perhaps posted a carfax report.....we'd leave them alone. Not hard to figure out. We'd have nothing to say.

You know' date=' if they didn't over inflate their prices, and just listed it's flaws and didn't make false claims, posted the seriel number, perhaps posted a carfax report.....we'd leave them alone. Not hard to figure out. We'd have nothing to say.[/quote']They need to stop the phony show-car representations that have been well debunked by jurassicnarc, the fake MCB plates with date codes that don't match what they advertise, the fake "used in the show" representations or "might have been used in Vice" nonsense, the silly extras that supposedly give provenance (our porsche), the phony cosmetic car improvements that they represent are major improvements and then jack up their price, and on and on. And the inflated pricing of couse that comes along with fake representations. I think for some people lying and misrepresenting is a game and a compulsion, and there are many on Ebay who do this in addition to car sellers. They think nothing of trying to scam unsuspecting buyers and trying to max out their price. Of course some hidden defects are probably not intentionally kept hidden and I think that is more likely to happen when you are dealing with an individual seller, like I did with my Daytona. Mine had some defects but I don't think the seller knew that. The greater risk is with these guys who are in the business of snapping up Daytonas and then turning them around for a big profit. With these resellers I think they have a thorough knowledge of major defects but I suspect most won't disclose anything except the obvious. As to nothing to say, well our 'friend' who popped in here and insulted everyone he could find should have given that some thought before he did it. He painted a big bullseye on his back as far as I'm concerned.

They need to stop the phony show-car representations that have been well debunked by jurassicnarc' date=' the fake MCB plates with date codes that don't match what they advertise, the fake "used in the show" representations or "might have been used in Vice" nonsense, the silly extras that supposedly give provenance (our porsche), the phony cosmetic car improvements that they represent are major improvements and then jack up their price, and on and on. And the inflated pricing of couse that comes along with fake representations. I think for some people lying and misrepresenting is a game and a compulsion, and there are many on Ebay who do this in addition to car sellers. They think nothing of trying to scam unsuspecting buyers and trying to max out their price. Of course some hidden defects are probably not intentionally kept hidden and I think that is more likely to happen when you are dealing with an individual seller, like I did with my Daytona. Mine had some defects but I don't think the seller knew that. The greater risk is with these guys who are in the business of snapping up Daytonas and then turning them around for a big profit. With these resellers I think they have a thorough knowledge of major defects but I suspect most won't disclose anything except the obvious. As to nothing to say, well our 'friend' who popped in here and insulted everyone he could find should have given that some thought before he did it. He painted a big bullseye on his back as far as I'm concerned.[/quote']Good point. Insulting us on here only makes us watch even more closely. He should have thought twice. It didn't benifit him.

Good point. Insulting us on here only makes us watch even more closely. He should have thought twice. It didn't benifit him.

Oh we'll be watching closely alright. ;) Chou know I think 'Artie' thinks that in this life the low road sometimes takes you to a more interesting route. :)

7229[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7230[/ATTACH]Not a MCB body, and red interior doesn't do it for me either. Missing a stereo and speakers he says and the holes are there to see. Stock Vette seats. "INTERIOR YOU CAN EAT OFF OF" --uh not from what I can see in this photo .Funny comments in the write-up as well:"MOTOR.. ABOUT 400 hp. most 350 engines are only 290 hp" --uh no, try 190. "NOT THE LAZY CORVETTE DASH SEEN ON OTHER REPLICAS.. " ---I have never seen a lazy dash before. Most dashes I have met are pretty active types. :)But the best line in the listing:"PS. TO THOSE GUYS IN THE MIAMI VICE CLUB THAT WISH THEY WERE DON JOHNSON AND TRIED TO KNOCK ME AND THE GUY IN ORLANDO OFF LINE,, GET A LIFE.MIAMI VICE WAS ONLY A TV SHOW ..MY CAR IS FAR BETTER BUILT THEN SOME MCBURNIE SPRAYED FROM A CHOP GUN CHEAP KIT. (GET A LIFE)" --uh, far better built by whom? And I have no idea what a "chop gun cheap kit" is. And where is the VIN number? I wonder if he ever had a bit part in Glades, say driving a Jeep through the glades wearing a hat? :)

so Viperman is in league with him then, guess that explains that too.Judging by the flares I'd wadger it once was a Rowley before bubba picked it up and knocked the rear bumpers off.on the plus side atleast the car looks like trash, no one will buy it anyways.

so Viperman is in league with him then' date=' guess that explains that too.Judging by the flares I'd wadger it once was a Rowley before bubba picked it up and knocked the rear bumpers off.on the plus side atleast the car looks like trash, no one will buy it anyways.[/quote']viperreplicas referred to someone in Orlando so I don't know who that is. I also thought it might be a Rowley or even some homegrown car from how he described it. Yeah, I think that was the guy in Glades, Bubba, who made reference to "Clyde Eastwood". :)Looks like trash you say? Come now, as he says "IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A NEAR PERFECT AND WELL TAKEN CARE OF DAYTONA THIS IS IT..":D:)

After all' date=' the market for these cars is mostly Vice enthusiasts, and I believe most of them are members here and they should at least be able to negotiate with all the facts and not be swayed by false and misleading representations by these sellers. Nor should the prices for these cars be inflated due to false representations.[/quote']Wow... well said SB!I couldn't agree more.I have actively been looking for the last three years for a car and have looked at a lot of junk.........seen eleven of these things that I wouldn't give a plugged knicke for!I have seen a couple of jewels too that were very well kept and maintained mechanically. They also had all the right interiors and dash etc so I respect thise guys. The MV wannabe sales guys who flaunt these machines as originals gets under my skin.Sadly I have missed out on a few good deals as the old saying goes..."You snooze, You lose!" I am looking at one I like very much right now and am scrambling to get the funds together. It has a few things I wish were different but if I do get my hands on it I can always change these minor things to suit my tastes. The guy I'm dealing with right now does NOT claim MV status is is actually a great guy to deal with as he is honest.