One of the original 6 Vice Daytonas

jurassic narc

• Administrators

If these sellers would simply tell the truth I'm sure their cars would sell. They could very easily promote the car as a replica of the car Crockett drove in "Miami Vice" This wouldn't be a lie and most buyers would jump at the chance to have a car like Crockett's at a much lower price than a so called "car used on the show". This way someone gets a nice project car and the seller makes a sale, everybody wins.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Sonny-Burnett

• Stinger390X

• Kavinsky

Wow... well said SB!I couldn't agree more.I have actively been looking for the last three years for a car and have looked at a lot of junk.........seen eleven of these things that I wouldn't give a plugged knicke for!I have seen a couple of jewels too that were very well kept and maintained mechanically. They also had all the right interiors and dash etc so I respect thise guys. The MV wannabe sales guys who flaunt these machines as originals gets under my skin.Sadly I have missed out on a few good deals as the old saying goes..."You snooze' date=' You lose!" I am looking at one I like very much right now and am scrambling to get the funds together. It has a few things I wish were different but if I do get my hands on it I can always change these minor things to suit my tastes. The guy I'm dealing with right now does NOT claim MV status is is actually a great guy to deal with as he is honest.[/quote']Lots of junk out there as many of us have seen for years now. And perhaps that is why so many of these unscrupulous sellers try to inflate the value of their cars by creating false stories or tie-ins to the show to add value. After dealing with miamispyders and a few other RESELLERS I am convinced that the best thing a serious buyer can do is to find a seller who is NOT a RESELLER like these guys because an individual seller is more likely to have taken care of the car, has pride in the car, knows its history and maintenance on it, and may even want it to go to someone who appreciates it as much as they want to make some money. The RESELLERS have a profit motive..PERIOD, END OF STORY. They are not as likely to be honest with buyers, nor to disclose mechanical issues if they know them. They also will do anything to raise the value of the cars including all of the misrepresentations we have identified in here and other threads. If no one buys from the RESELLERS then they will gradually disappear from the market and we will all be that much better off. Glad you are zeroing in on something for yourself Stinger! Sounds like it may be an individual seller/owner. If I can help let me know and if you like I'd be interested to know who you have dealt with (PM me on that pls).

If these sellers would simply tell the truth I'm sure their cars would sell. They could very easily promote the car as a replica of the car Crockett drove in "Miami Vice" This wouldn't be a lie and most buyers would jump at the chance to have a car like Crockett's at a much lower price than a so called "car used on the show". This way someone gets a nice project car and the seller makes a sale' date=' everybody wins.[/quote']He's asking $14,500 and appears no one is biting so far. Amen to telling the truth. But in this case promoting as being a replica of the show car would be a big stretch. Wrong body for starters, wrong interior and colors as well.