Book 'em, Danno...Again!

sredd

The original was ok' date=' but the new one is pretty cool even w/ the atypical i am woman hear me roar type character so common today that all series must have, I really like itSurely if a Hawaii 5-0 remake works, a MV would too! :)[/quote']You have to watch the original with the mind-set of when it was made--don't view it by 2010 TV show standards. But, there are aspects of the original that the new one doesn't have that I miss and like better...and there are aspects to the new one that the original didn't have, that I like better and enjoy seeing now. However, there's just something about the original that just makes it one-of-a-kind and a true classic. The new "5-0" I think will last for a while and be fairly popular...but I don't know whether it will ever reach the "classic" status the original has.I think the reason the remake of "Hawaii Five-0" has worked so far is that it's been long enough since the original show went off the air--and even though it went off the air in 1980 (and I love it all) the true popular and most remembered years are from about 1975 back to the beginning (1968). In my opinion a remake of "Miami Vice" would not work at this point...even though it's been over 20 since it went off the air, it's still just too soon and there are still enough people from "Vice's" generation in demand of what is on TV today. Everyone would remember the original too much (including myself)...and the new would fizzle out fairly quickly. You need to wait about another 10-15 years at least to try and do a remake of "MV."I would prefer a big "Miami Vice" reunion movie instead of a remake show...with all the original cast. But, I seriously doubt Don Johnson or Edward James Olmos would ever agree to it.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ViceFanMan

• sredd

• Frey

• maynard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone watch the finale? What a show! I haven't seen an ending like that since "Mirror Image." :thumbsup: :clap:Can't wait for season 2.

Totally agree...could not have said it better myself!! :thumbsup: I love the new "5-0" and I did not miss an episode!The season finale totally left you hanging and it was totally unexpected...a shocker! :eek: I can't wait for season 2, to find out how it all plays out. Very well done...superb!! :clap:The DVD set for this first season of the new "Hawaii Five-0" is rumored to be out next fall sometime...not too long before the second season premieres.

The new Hawaii 5-O has gotten better since the 1st episode. The finale was excellent. I actually want to continue in the fall! ;)

The new Hawaii 5-O has gotten better since the 1st episode. The finale was excellent. I actually want to continue in the fall! ;)

I liked the "Pilot" too! It was an awesome way to introduce our characters...and it included the first glimpse of Jack Lord's 74 Mercury Marquis--the last car he used on the original show! Pretty much every episode was awesome and action-packed--yet also included the tropical setting of Hawaii and its history! Awesome!! :thumbsup: I really am looking forward to the second season! :glossy:

I agree with Tony that it has gotten better and I'll watch the second season when it starts, but it's still no Miami Vice.

I agree with Tony that it has gotten better and I'll watch the second season when it starts' date=' but it's still no Miami Vice.[/quote']It's no "Miami Vice"...but then i wouldn't want it to be just like "Miami Vice". The new "5-0" isn't exactly like the original "5-0" either--and I also wouldn't want that. Each show needs to have its own style. I love "MV", the original "Hawaii Five-0", and the new "Hawaii Five-0"--but for different reasons. I wouldn't want every show to be too similar.But, I really like the new "5-0" because it's updated and modern...but it's also somewhat of a "flashback" to the good-ol-days of TV, when shows didn't have to showcase blood-n-guts to be noticed, humor was also included, and the good guys got the bad guys! :thumbsup:Almost all shows today are "dark", twisted, :eek: sad, :cry: depressing, and sick :sick: (and I'm not talking the flu ;) ). That gets old after a few years! :rolleyes: Believe it or not humor, laughter, and bad guys having to face consequences for their actions are also a realistic part of "reality"...there's even some "corniness" in real-life too. It's not all people screwing up their lives, dark depressing scenarios, and no humor or "happy endings".I think the new "Hawaii Five-0" encompasses all of it in an awesome and captivating way. The tropical location of Hawaii certainly helps, too. ;) There are some sad and "dark" moments in the show...but it also has care, love, laughter, and "lighter" things in life as well! :D Including everything, as well as a normal half-way good ending, is a true refresher from the usual sick and perverted styles of most other shows--and for the first time in years makes Monday night awesome! :cool:

• 3 months later...

Bump. Season 2 starts Mon. September 19th. I was looking at news articles online about the upcoming season and one of them mentioned a crossover episode with NCIS: L.A. Can't wait! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

The second season of "5-0" is off to an awesome start! :thumbsup: I've loved every episode so far--especially the one the other night, with the fake pirate's gold and guest star Patty Duke.Next week's looks awesome too, and most likely will tie up the ongoing Kono saga...can't wait! :clap:I do wish, though, that they'd show more with McGarrett and Jack Lord's original "5-0" Mercury! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jimmy Buffet as a helicopter pilot on the latest episode...reminded me of Glenn Frey as the pilot in Smugglers Blues.

Oh' date=' man...it's so ironic you stated this! The whole time I watched that episode I was thinking [b']exactly the same thing! Great minds think alike. :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

The next episode should be interesting. They are re-doing one of the episodes from the original series. "Hookman" I never really watched the original series, but CBS has the original episode on their website until the new one airs. I just watched the original. What a classic!

The next episode should be interesting. They are re-doing one of the episodes from the original series. "Hookman" I never really watched the original series' date=' but CBS has the original episode on their website until the new one airs. I just watched the original. What a classic![/quote']You are so right! I love the original series, along with this new show, and have all 12 seasons. "Hookman" is one of my favorites from the original, and I can't wait to see the new version--which I think is pretty much gonna go by the original...complete with the "bad guy" driving an old Mustang into the pier! :)This is a superb idea and I'm really glad they chose "Hookman" as the episode to re-do! :clap: I'm going to get my original series sixth season DVD set out and watch the original "Hookman" a little before 8:00 Monday night...then watch the new one at 9:00. It's gonna be awesome!! :thumbsup:

You are so right! I love the original series' date=' along with this new show, and have all 12 seasons. "Hookman" is one of my favorites from the original, and I can't wait to see the new version--which I think is pretty much gonna go by the original...complete with the "bad guy" driving an old Mustang into the pier! :)This is a superb idea and I'm really glad they chose "Hookman" as the episode to re-do! :clap: I'm going to get my original series sixth season DVD set out and watch the original "Hookman" a little before 8:00 Monday night...then watch the new one at 9:00. It's gonna be awesome!! :thumbsup:[/quote']I think MeTV is airing "Hookman" Monday at noon (EST). On the CBS website, they have "now and then" still shots of both episodes. It's erie how similar both episodes are. They even have McGarrett finding a rifle with his name on the rooftop. :thumbsup::)