Boat cary 50 "Leading lady"

Barrel69

That boat is HUGE!!!Wow..the pics of the engince compartment are interesting. I knew that boat had four originals engines but with the two diesels now, there is plenty of room for other stuff. (You could build an apartment down there!:dance2:)I'm not surprised at the low speeds however. In "The Great McCarthy" they exaggerated all the speeds as this is probably a 15,000 lb boat or better, so I understand the slow speed of only 40mph. I don't think the original setup would have done much better, but gas was cheap back in 1985 :dance2:The interior is looking pretty rough but is coming along nicely. I hope they don't do it retro as brown interior with orange curtains just doesn't cut it these days:DThat is going to be a great cruiser again...once it's finished.

That sucker is huge!What a project......not for the faint of heart.I am thinking about buying a 42 Endevour.......they seem to have held there value a lot more than power boats.

Yes a fifty footer is a VERY large vessel. Lots of weight to push but it handles big water with ease. My friend has a similar sized boat. It's a 50 foot Wellcraft cruiser with a 14 foot beam. The thing is ginourmous!!!!!!! It's so big you can't take it down the highway withoug a permit, so trailering is very hard to do. It is great in the water though. Large boats like that are for partying for sure.:balloon: I found an Endeavour in pristine shape but the owner still wants 92 grand U.S for it. It's an '84 and is in fantastic condition. Your right about it holding value for sure.It would look soo cool parked in the slip next to my Stinger but I can only dream........:fireworks:

Interesting. Are they saying that it is THE "leading Lady" used in the show? Strange how it would end up so far from Fla. Permits and shipping I think is close to $20-$30 per mile. They are VERY wide. I looked into a 50 Cary a few years ago in Fla and it was cheap. I think it went for under 30K yet it was black. The whole thing with a red pinstripe. With the re-power this one has is interesting. Must have been more cost effective doing the diesel conversion than rebuilding four big-blocks. In the great lakes, gas is preferred until you get to a certain size as we use 'em for shorter trips and the motors go thru a shorter "duty cycle" compare to salt, where the trips are usually a long haul. This one is across the pond sorta speak from where I'm at and there are a few to chose from in the area. One of the finest in existence(or was at one time) was called "the grand illusion" and it was out of Grand Haven Michigan. If your biddin', good luck with it. Mike

Your right Mike as that boat would need a "Wide Load" permit for every state it passed through.As for the diesel power, I think in todays context, diesel is the best option for that particular size of vessel. The new engines are much cleaner burning and produce incredible horsepower compared to engines from twenty years ago. Those Arneson drives with the right props will push that unit through the water with ease.It looks like a great setup...just needs to be completed.