Daytona Model ....

Barrel69

• Administrators

I've built that one too. Nice kit, but to make it like the show you have to modify the headlights and find different side mirrors.

• 3 weeks later...

I remodelled this model... well I took the sidewindows off and painted the interior. Apart from the sidemirrors and the front-lights it looks very much as it should be....

post-909-13892963041503_thumb.jpg

Nice Job B!!!I am just in the process of disassembling mine so I can paint it black properly. I am going to use automotive base-clear and should get good results in tuxedo black????!!!!I'll post pics as soon as the project is finished.

Keep me posted.............. as Castilllo would say !Is that a paint ?I had some trouble to get it in the right colour, it took 3 sessions to get it done ! I've looked at screen-shots and pictures only to find out that there are different versions used of this car. So i've seen versions of the back cover being black and other being beige...

Keep me posted.............. as Castilllo would say !Is that a paint ?I had some trouble to get it in the right colour' date=' it took 3 sessions to get it done ! I've looked at screen-shots and pictures only to find out that there are different versions used of this car. So i've seen versions of the back cover being black and other being beige...[/quote']The tonneau cover was beige leather, and matched the rest of the leather interior. But in season one the cover was seldom on the car, so what you saw was the covertible top. The top was black canvas.

The tonneau cover was beige leather' date=' and matched the rest of the leather interior. But in season one the cover was seldom on the car, so what you saw was the covertible top. The top was black canvas.[/quote']That's also the same with my Alfa Spider.

That's also the same with my Alfa Spider.

Is that your daily driver? I wish the weather would cooperate here, so I could drive my car more often, but it has rained here every other day since before Christmas!!!

Is that your daily driver? I wish the weather would cooperate here' date=' so I could drive my car more often, but it has rained here every other day since before Christmas!!![/quote']Like you, the sports car is not my daily driver. It's raining here too. My Toyota Camry is my daily driver. Sometimes it's the Rav4. I don't take the Spider out as often as I'd like. I take the truck out the least. When I had my little black Alfa Spider, it was my only car at the time, and was my daily driver.

heh god only knows what these terrible roads would do to a sports car where I live, every road is full of pot holes, cracks and dips here in MA let alone the weather and the bad drivers.

Dadrian,I'm just curious - did you get yours in the 80s during the days of MV, or did you purchase it later? I knew that MV took place during your childhood (mine, too), and thought it might have been something you had as a kid.

I would like to have a 1:18 model of the Daytona Spyder. (The coupe posted by Kavinsky is nice but not a convertible - and I'll bet the customizing guy is expensive.) I have never seen a convertible - don't know if one was ever produced in 1:18 scale. I did offer one of the diecast companies that they could use my car as the model to produce a 1:18 diecast but they never called back.

I would like to have a 1:18 model of the Daytona Spyder. (The coupe posted by Kavinsky is nice but not a convertible - and I'll bet the customizing guy is expensive.) I have never seen a convertible - don't know if one was ever produced in 1:18 scale. I did offer one of the diecast companies that they could use my car as the model to produce a 1:18 diecast but they never called back.

I'd like to buy a black 365gts4 diecast in 1:18 model as well (with the spoke wheels, and tan interior).

Here's mine. I got it when the show was on. My Dad:happy: put it together for me:clap:

I bought one when the show was on the air, and put it together. I also had the scarrab. I no longer have them anymore, as I gave away all my models to a church fundraiser, and low and behold, they sold for a fery few dollars. Just doing God's work. :)

• 9 months later...

I had one but I can't seem to find it.I have a knack for throwing things away,baught a house a few years ago and got rid of a lot of stuff...The hardest part is that I conciously threw this out of all things....:cry:.....I do not remember doing it at all

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my hands on this one.......

I have this one as well and, like cameradaytona, am still hunting for a 1:18 black daytona spyder 365 gtb in diecast. No luck as yet. :cry:

• 1 month later...

How to build an authentic Miami Vice Daytona from the Monogram 1/24 scale kitMany years ago I bought and built the MV Daytona model when the show was still on. Back then I didn't even paint the body, the interior came out way too dark and over the years the wheels came off but still, I loved that car! Recently I picked up a new release of this kit and am going to make it as authentic to one of the cars USED ON THE SHOW as possible - let me explain. When the show became such a huge hit Monogram knew it wanted a kit of the Daytona out ASAP but typical lead time for a new model was about a year. Instead they took the chassis and engine from a standard Corvette kit, the Borrani wire wheels from a Ferrari 275P kit, and sent some of their staff into Chicago, where a surgeon allowed them to measure and photograph his real 365 Daytona Spyder. From this assortment came the kit which has been released a few times without changes. Let's start with a shot of my old kit...

post-10068-13892963423355_thumb.jpg