Episode #44 "Sons & Lovers"

Ferrariman

• 4 weeks later...

It was an awsome episode; but it had a lot of potential which was lost; a standards S2 episode---- 9/10.

From the beggining to the end; you felt the kick back to the beggining of season 1, with Angelina's return, up until the showdown between Tubbs and *the dumb cronies*. The intro scene with that classic vice action and the "Long long way to go" end scene. I like how the writers kept Angelina's S1 charm, and finnished the season strong with a good plot; unlike the Afternoon plane which lost a good portion of the Calderone arc charm. Tubbs jr is another unexpected element in the story; and now comes my critique:

Tubbs Jr could've played a MUCH bigger role in subsequent seasons, and give WAY more opportunities; maybe for the finale, a placeholder for the Burnett saga........ something all of the fans would enjouy, not just some as me.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
3 minutes ago, NeonHumidity said:

Screen-Shot-2024-02-17-at-3-07-50-PM.png

Somebody makes a brief two-year early appearance in this one... 

Though the ubiquitous whites and pastels had to prevail, I always thought DJ looked way better in darker costumes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Though the ubiquitous whites and pastels had to prevail, I always thought DJ looked way better in darker costumes. 

Have to disagree; the black shades are not nearly as flattering as the brown ones.

Also, given how the episode deals with Tubbs losing a child and his mother and Crockett having to talk him out of vengeance killing a guy, it makes sense we see "Burnett".   The fact that neither Tubbs nor Castillo really "notice" or even look at him there is telling.  

DJ had decided to re-up at that point so I assume they knew how the rest of the show was going to play out.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

had to prevail

1 hour ago, NeonHumidity said:

Have to disagree

This is why they had to prevail—I’m aware that virtually nobody agrees with me on this one. :) 

And I realize those ideas were among the main ingredients to Mann’s original vision. Don’t get me wrong—I love the season 1-2 looks for sure! I just like the season 3 looks better. I think it’s largely because they were airing season 3 when I started watching on TV in 1986. 

• Like 1