Episode 66 - "Viking Bikers From Hell"

miamijimf

Posted: 16 August 2006 at 5:40am by Tom71the church in the beginning of Viking Bikers from Hell makes makes me crazy. Crockett and Tubbs pass a street sign saying "Barry Rd" but I can´t find neither the church nor the address. maybe one of you guys has an idea where this location is. The church is pretty big and should be known in the Miami area.

Posted: 22 August 2006 at 2:29pm by airtommy I just found that there is a Barry Road in Hollywood FL. It's a very short road, so this might help you find the church. I don't have the episode on tape, so I can't look at it.

Posted: 22 August 2006 at 4:39pm BY Matt5there is a Barry St Miami Beach off Alton Road/Julia Tuttle Cswy there is also a big church on that street......check it out on google..maybe Jeremy or DanJ may know??

22 August 2006 at 5:50pm by Tom71Yes, guys, you were right! I just digged up photos of the church on the internet. It´s definetely St.Patricks Church at the corner of Garden Ave and Barry Street, Miami Beach. The exact address is 3716 Garden Ave.

Posted: 22 August 2006 at 7:18pm by Matt5I was there in June and it seemed to match but I couldnt be quite sure - Barry St and Barry Rd match up though and this is indeed the church from "Viking Bikers..."

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 11:35am by airtommyFerrariman just moved this thread here at my request. There are some intriguing locations in this ep ... Originally posted by tom71Crockett and Tubbs pass a street sign saying "Barry Rd" The sign reads "Barry St", not "Barry Rd", which explains why you couldn't find it.

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 3:36pm by airtommyBlack drug lord Bernier gets shot at birthday party The birthday party is at the pool behind the famous Atlantis Condominium at 2025 Brickell. Gustafson stands by the Rickenbacker Causeway and shoots in the direction of the yellow arrow: Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 4:31pm by airtommySWAT team shootout This is on Virginia Key as stated in the episode.Eingefügtes Bild The shootout looks like Jimbo's. http://www.jimbosplace.com/Eingefügtes Bild Yellow arrows = Gustafson escapes Blue circle = blue building behind him at 41:04 Red circle = red & white tower behind blue building at 41:04 Here is a bird's eye view with those two structures circled:Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 5:27pm by airtommyBattle between Crockett and Gustafson Around 43:41, you can see a gray bridge flash by in the background. That's right kids, we're back YET AGAIN to the railroad bridge across the Miami River! Crockett & Gustafson race up NW North River Drive (the road bends slightly to the left), cross the railroad tracks, and turn in as shown here. Note that the bridge is green today. Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 08 April 2007 at 5:43pm by airtommyOriginally posted by tom71yep, thanks to old VHS tapes I couldn´t read it right ...I know, I have trouble reading a lot of these signs even on DVD.

Posted: 28 April 2007 at 9:22pm by SOFLAJEREMYEstablishing shot as c+t pull up to limo garage , c+t are shown on deco dr pulling up and parking in front of the Clevelander hotel but they walk into the limo garage which is elsewhere

Posted: 28 April 2007 at 9:43pm by SOFLAJEREMYSalazar's apartment is # 1405 but in what building? A g.e.s. should be able to find it with the large hot tub, I bet north miami along the bay

Posted: 29 April 2007 at 2:20am by airtommyOriginally posted by SOFLAJEREMYSalazar's apartment is # 1405 but in what building? A g.e.s. should be able to find it with the large hot tub, I bet north miami along the bayOh my goodness, I just had a stroke of genius! I'll give you guys a hint. This location has been used before on MV.

Posted: 29 April 2007 at 4:59am by Tom71are you kiddin me, soflajeremy? The hot tub is the pool in the middle of the Atlantis building on Brickell.

Posted: 29 April 2007 at 8:25pm by SOFLAJEREMYfrom airtommys clue thats what I thouht he was getting at but the building next door is all wrong it must have changed thanks

Posted: 30 April 2007 at 11:30am by DanJI dunno - it looks right to me on first inspection. It makes sense from another standpoint, that being that they used the Atlantis for the scene where Reb takes out the black guy from across the bay* so maybe they opted to use the site for more than one scene?We'll just hafta sneak into the Atlantis one day for a look-see... *Could a sniper working under Reb's conditions - across the water without a tripod for the rifle, at water level with all sorts of winds from the bay, as little time to prep as Reb had, etc., actually make a shot like that?

Posted: 30 April 2007 at 12:38pm by miamijimfDanJ, You wrote: "Could a sniper working under Reb's conditions - across the water without a tripod for the rifle, at water level with all sorts of winds from the bay, as little time to prep as Reb had, etc., actually make a shot like that?" I measured it with MS Virtual Earth and Google and came up with roughly 800 yards. That's eight football fields. Maybe someone who is better with these tools can calculate a more acurate distance. I haven't been to Sniper School but I would say it would be very unlikely considering the size of his scope, preparation etc etc. With the Army's new M110 .50 cal sniper rifle and the right training, definately possible.

Posted: 01 May 2007 at 12:04am by SOFLAJEREMYI remember checking out the location some time ago and it looks much shorter than that to me and could be made pretty easily by an experienced hunter. good thing reb did not use a 50 cal for it is not for sniping people and is a violation of the geneva convention to shoot at a person with that caliberand he wouldn't want to get in trouble lol

• 2 years later...
Shipyard Battle between Crockett and Gustafson Around 43:41' date=' you can see a gray bridge flash by in the background. This is the railroad bridge across the Miami River.Crockett & Gustafson race up NW North River Drive (the road bends slightly to the left), cross the railroad tracks, and turn in as shown here. Note that the bridge is green today. [/quote']Updated look at this location, showing that the Shipyard battle actually took place almost directly across the street from the parking lot of the Miami Jai Alai building, which is never revealed in the chase scene. The Jai Alai building is on the north side of NW North River Drive, unseen as the camera follows the chase down the highway. Eingefügtes BildThe street view pictures confirm the location is correct, as the railroad crossing still remains, and the road goes downhill from the railroad crossing to the yard entrance, with a billboard visible on the shipyard property. Eingefügtes BildHere is the view of the shipyard entrance, as the "Stunt Testarossa" (note the inset wheels) completes its turn to enter the shipyard:Eingefügtes BildAnd here is how this same spot looks today, complete with the billboard, chain link fence, but missing the pylon sign on the white pole:Eingefügtes BildThe location is revealed as "3900 NW North River Dr., Hialeah, FL" by Google Streetview. This reveals an error in the Glossary, which lists a different street address for the shipyard. This puts 2 Miami Vice locations, both with climatic scenes from 2 different episodes, almost directly across the street from each other. The 2 locations are the Miami Jai Alai building (from Killshot), and the shipyard location of the battle between Crockett and Gustafson (the climax of Viking Bikers from Hell).