GOLDEN TRIANGLE

FAB

HEY everybody !hope i am in the right section ..does someone know where the beginning scene of "golden triangle " ( 1or2, don't remember ) was filmed ? if i am not mistaking, Crockett and Tubbs are meeting castillo in a marked place to take coffee....many thanks ! fab

• Administrators

It's all here in the glossary. The episode is "Score" ("Golden Triangle" Part 1) Just scroll down to where it says "shooting locations" and you will see Maximo Gomez Park."Score"

It's all here in the glossary. The episode is "Score" ("Golden Triangle" Part 1) Just scroll down to where it says "shooting locations" and you will see Maximo Gomez Park."Score"

thanks a lot !!

Great locations use in "Golden Triangle" - they moved from the sign from Maceo Park (Nw7th/Nw51st Ave - nr the airport ) and put that at the Maximo Gomez Park in the heart of Little Havana, Miami for unknown reasons in this episode ! :D

• 8 months later...

I have just posted Score on my location web site and will be working on G.T. part 2 over the weekend. http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net

Great work Soflajeremy as usual - do you prefer Bing maps or Google - it seems the majority here prefer google maps?:DHas anyone ever been to the Turnberry Isle condo building/ pool or is it off access . It was featured in many Season 1 and 2 episodes.

Great work Soflajeremy as usual - do you prefer Bing maps or Google - it seems the majority here prefer google maps?:DHas anyone ever been to the Turnberry Isle condo building/ pool or is it off access . It was featured in many Season 1 and 2 episodes.

I find Google Earth easiest to use but recently I have started to double check with Bing if I can't see something because I find their pictures often seem to be clearer.I kick myself for not having gone into Turnberry. I use to have a guy work for me (for a couple years) and he said I could come over anytime and he would show me around and I could take pictures. I just never got to it. Next time I am around there I will make an effort to get some pictures' date=' especially for G.T. and Phil the Shill. Right now I am working on part 2 of G.T.[/size']

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have updated Score on my location web site to include the location of Ross' house which Beach_Vice just found (calling all detectives section of this thread). http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/page51.html

Has anyboby ever been actually to the condos / hotel featured extensively at Turnberry Isle Marina on "Golden Triangle " ("Junk Love" & other episodes )and got any pics - just occured to me never seen actual photos from anyone here. :D

• 7 months later...

Ref Turnberry Isle Marina Tower Condos ( Hotel in Golden Triangle/ Junk Love etc )- a few up for sale here. This area appears to be private and was listed as being built in 1982 . I wonder if it was indeed a hotel back in 1984/1985 or condos then . As I understand it - it is still difficult to get access . I managed to go in 2006 and have a look around .:Dhttp://www.blackstoneinternationalrealty.com/Condos/Turnberry-Isle--Marina-Tower.htm

Nice pics Matt' date=' thanks.[/quote']Thanks Jim :DA lot of the condos up for sale here - quite reasonable too compared to other areas of Miami .I wonder in 1984 if this was a condo building or hotel .

• 1 year later...

2013 Picture of Turnberry Isle Marina North tower condo in Aventura .( "Golden Triangle " Part 1, " Junk Love " , "Phil the Shill" and "Over the Line " ).[ATTACH=CONFIG]7660[/ATTACH]:D

post-122-13892965356775_thumb.jpg

Great Matt. You back from your trip to Miami? Tell us about your experiences.

Thanks guys - marvellous time - I went to many Vice locations and had a blast . But I am thankful for all of your hard work as without what we do here we could never visit these locations. Turnberry was a treat quite hard to get into but really unchanged since 1984 - the interior had been remodelled and did not recognise from "Golden Triangle" . Miami is changing - I noticed at least 3-4 of the art deco hotels closed and boarded up or with the interiors empty and concrete with a just a cafe / cigar stand out the front. The Victor still looks marvellous however.:D

:D:D[ATTACH=CONFIG]7688[/ATTACH]

Looks like it has been fixed up. At least they fixed it up not tore it down. China white at a price that's right, Howie Wong.