Mcburnie Daytona walkaround

Kavinsky

Trying not to be too synical, the clown wheels have to go and the rear suspension needs to be dropped at least two inches.Then there is that yellow steering wheel..............................................There is a lot I would change if that car was mine!

Indeed but it is a thorough tour of a mcburnie, something most mv fans have never had the chance to see. I'd love to see the same sort of vid with jurrasic narcs car in its place though, which was alos red like this one when he bought it.

Indeed but it is a thorough tour of a mcburnie' date=' something most mv fans have never had the chance to see. I'd love to see the same sort of vid with jurrasic narcs car in its place though, which was alos red like this one when he bought it.[/quote']Sadly, my car was not in great shape when I bought it. Not as bad off as this car, but in poor shape as far as paint and interior trim. But, very few of these cars have been well kept---or if they are they rarely show up on EBay.I can do a video walk-around this spring or summer. Might be a good thing to do, with a little MV Background music and the right titles.Got to get rid of this snow, first. What a winter. More snow in Georgia in a week than in the last 5 years total!!

Sadly' date=' my car was not in great shape when I bought it. Not as bad off as this car, but in poor shape as far as paint and interior trim. But, very few of these cars have been well kept---or if they are they rarely show up on EBay.I can do a video walk-around this spring or summer. Might be a good thing to do, with a little MV Background music and the right titles.Got to get rid of this snow, first. What a winter. More snow in Georgia in a week than in the last 5 years total!![/quote']I too would like to see a walkaround for your car. (You should have it posted here, and on youtube. That would be Golden! :thumbsup:

I too would like to see a walkaround for your car. (You should have it posted here' date=' and on youtube. That would be Golden! :thumbsup:[/quote']I will make that my spring project! Could use it to exhibit some of my other props as well. Soon as I get back from Spring Training (going down to see the Braves get ready for the next season), it should be warm enough to knock something out.JN

I will make that my spring project! Could use it to exhibit some of my other props as well. Soon as I get back from Spring Training (going down to see the Braves get ready for the next season)' date=' it should be warm enough to knock something out.JN[/quote']Fantastic!! I'm REALLY looking forward to this.THIS time, it will be done right! :thumbsup:

This summer I will try to do a video "walk-around" of the Daytona Camera Car used in seasons 1 and 2. The car is pretty much as last seen in 1986. When Carl Roberts had it (after Universal sent it to him in partial payment for building the stunt Testarossa), he replaced the seat covers and door panels (with ones that were like the original) and made a few minor upgrades.

This summer I will try to do a video "walk-around" of the Daytona Camera Car used in seasons 1 and 2. The car is pretty much as last seen in 1986. When Carl Roberts had it (after Universal sent it to him in partial payment for building the stunt Testarossa)' date=' he replaced the seat covers and door panels (with ones that were like the original) and made a few minor upgrades.[/quote']This would be an important video.This is one of the ACTUAL cars.Any info, or behind the scenes shots of the car of things that could be of interest, would be historically important.As the owner one of the biggest MIAMI VICE collections known, (I take MIAMI VICE collecting VERY seriously to preserve TV history) whenever you guys wish to part with one of these cars, remember to put me first on the list. :cheers:Jurrasic Narc and you are like Gods to me. I gotta own one of these cars someday.CameraDaytona,I look forward to any and all of your posts. Thanks for sticking with us. -COOP

You have a fantasic car!!! I'll be posting more rare MIAMI VICE collectibles in the near future.You and Jurrasic are the heavyweights here, along with the great guys here who own the Stinger and Scarrab boats.You four guys are the real deal, as you own the stuff that dreams are made of.I'm so thrilled there is a place like this where we can all meet, share info, photos, and do it for REAL Miami Vice fans.It's so important to us all.

JN a walkaround of your car would certainly be a treat for sure!Looking forward to seeing it soon.

Thanks for the kind words, but if CameraDaytona will do that--his is the real deal. And, without going into any real detail for legal reasons, his is the only Miami Vice Daytona that still exists. The minor changes that Carl or the next owner made are not significant.CameraDaytona, glad to hear the car will be getting some fresh air!!And, anyone who has any insight into getting on a list for the new Bren Ten, I am interested. Can't do a boat, but I think I could swing a gun. JN

Thanks for the kind words' date=' but if CameraDaytona will do that--his is the real deal. And, without going into any real detail for legal reasons, his is the only Miami Vice Daytona that still exists. The minor changes that Carl or the next owner made are not significant.CameraDaytona, glad to hear the car will be getting some fresh air!!And, anyone who has any insight into getting on a list for the new Bren Ten, I am interested. Can't do a boat, but I think I could swing a gun. JN[/quote']I dunno Jurrasic, ....do you know how to handle a gun? ;):)

I dunno Jurrasic' date=' ....do you know how to handle a gun? ;):)[/quote']The State of Georgia allows me to, and in fact I can carry one anywhere in the US. Now, do I know how to handle one.....that could be debated.But there is an ex-deputy sheriff from Florida who decided to change sides who has a piece of my lead lodged next to his spine. And I don't have any of his, inspite of his best efforts.Everything is relative.

The State of Georgia allows me to' date=' and in fact I can carry one anywhere in the US. Now, do I know how to handle one.....that could be debated.But there is an ex-deputy sheriff from Florida who decided to change sides who has a piece of my lead lodged next to his spine. And I don't have any of his, inspite of his best efforts.Everything is relative.[/quote']Ex-deputy changing sides.... I can smell 'em, but I don't understand them.As Crockett said to Robbie, "You did the right thing".I'm more accurate with a pistol than with a rifle it would seem.I remember in 1987 when a friend of mine from school went into basic training in the Army, came over for a visit in his camos, and had been practicing for months shooting and training. He invited me to a fun shooting contest with one of his friends also from school at a local indoor gun range. The winner gets a soda that the other two have to buy him.I won.I know he was a bit embarrassed, so I just played it off, as to not hurt his feelings. He was a nice guy.I hadn't gone to a gun range since about 1983-84, and still won.I actually used the shooting stance that I saw Crockett use on TV, and it worked really well for me. I can't recall what I shot now. Perhaps a 9mm, or a 45. I can't recall.I'm a good shot with a pistol.

Ex-deputy changing sides.... I can smell 'em' date=' but I don't understand them.As Crockett said to Robbie, "You did the right thing".I'm more accurate with a pistol than with a rifle it would seem.I remember in 1987 when a friend of mine from school went into basic training in the Army, came over for a visit in his camos, and had been practicing for months shooting and training. He invited me to a fun shooting contest with one of his friends also from school at a local indoor gun range. The winner gets a soda that the other two have to buy him.I won.I know he was a bit embarrassed, so I just played it off, as to not hurt his feelings. He was a nice guy.I hadn't gone to a gun range since about 1983-84, and still won.I actually used the shooting stance that I saw Crockett use on TV, and it worked really well for me. I can't recall what I shot now. Perhaps a 9mm, or a 45. I can't recall.I'm a good shot with a pistol.[/quote']Shooting is sights and trigger pull. Flying is power and attitude. Too bad everything can't be that simple.Course, shooting gets a little tuffer if your getting shot at. But, the stance Crockett uses is the same one I was taught. Now they teach officers to stand in such a way as to maximize the protection of their body armor. I still shoot the old way (old dog etc.).

Shooting is sights and trigger pull. Flying is power and attitude. Too bad everything can't be that simple.Course' date=' shooting gets a little tuffer if your getting shot at. But, the stance Crockett uses is the same one I was taught. Now they teach officers to stand in such a way as to maximize the protection of their body armor. I still shoot the old way (old dog etc.).[/quote']The actors were shown how to properly hold, and shoot a gun. The actor/marksmen who played the "Argentinian" also taught them. It was said that Don was a decent shot in real life, and PMT was terrible. Saundra was actually the best shot of them all.Jurassic, Do you think now that officers are taught to shoot while protecting their body, that their shooting scores are going down as a result? Likewise, are officers more likely to walk away from a shootout as a result?I understand that it's one thing to stand and hit targets, and another to shoot at someone shooting at you to kill you. BIG difference.I wonder if I'm still good with a pistol after all these years.....I bet I am.

The actors were shown how to properly hold' date=' and shoot a gun. The actor/marksmen who played the "Argentinian" also taught them. It was said that Don was a decent shot in real life, and PMT was terrible. Saundra was actually the best shot of them all.Jurassic, Do you think now that officers are taught to shoot while protecting their body, that their shooting scores are going down as a result? Likewise, are officers more likely to walk away from a shootout as a result?I understand that it's one thing to stand and hit targets, and another to shoot at someone shooting at you to kill you. BIG difference.I wonder if I'm still good with a pistol after all these years.....I bet I am.[/quote']like riding a bicycle....

Jurassic, Do you think now that officers are taught to shoot while protecting their body, that their shooting scores are going down as a result? Likewise, are officers more likely to walk away from a shootout as a result?