Out Where The Buses Don't Run

miamijimf

Period Sat. view of the doll house that I just added on my siteEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

The site where The Doll House once stood is now occupied by CocoWalk, right ?

The site where The Doll House once stood is now occupied by CocoWalk' date=' right ?[/quote']If you look at my screen capture posted above where I lightened the shadows some, you can see behind the doll house a set of signal lights. These are on Grand Avenue at the intersection with McFarlane Road. If you compare the old sat pic to the intersection it helps place the buildings location in modern day. There is a Cheese Cake Factory and Chilis restaurants on the exact spot now.

• 7 months later...

Seen in so many Miami Vice episodes - notably "Cool Runnin" , "Out where Buses ...", "Junk Love" , ""Phil the Shill", "Heroes of the Revolution ". Dont recall it being used at all in Seasons 4 or 5. The Victor, built in 1937, must have been restored to how it looked in the 1980s during MV as the interiors are identical.:DProduction was based here a lot during MV. The south tower was constructed in the 1980s.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7744[/ATTACH]

post-122-13892965465219_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Terminal Isle on the Macarthur Cswy - seen at the start of the Brothers in Arms montage - and reused in other episodes. :D  :fireworks:  :dance2:

5da78ade-6665-4eac-9a31-40dde266be2d_zps

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/15/2010 at 10:05 AM, miamijimf said:

Posted: 15 May 2007 at 4:48am by SOFLAJEREMY  Lorraine says phone booth was at biscayne bar + grill 12210 ne 16th av she also says I should lay off the clam juice lorraine also told me that the ocean club's address is 701 ocean dr key biscayne 

This location always confused me.  I studied it tonight and I've finally figured it out.  Here are the two most helpful shots we see:

Out1.png

Out2.png

We know there is a covered valet area in front and we know there is a swimming pool close to the restaurant window.  If you plug the address 701 Ocean Drive Key Biscayne into Google Maps, it takes you to this building which is exactly the same today as in the 1980s:

Out3.png

This is all wrong.  There is no valet area.  You cannot even drive within 50 feet of the door.   The pool is too far from the building and has trees blocking the view.  After studying this for a while, I figured out the problem.  Google Maps points to the wrong spot.  If you enter "700 Crandon" or "700 Fernwood", then go straight east, you come to the correct spot.  Except the building has been entirely demolished.  Here it is in 1986:

Out4.png

• green = false lead
  • yellow = valet area
  • red = Maria Rojas villa in Definitely Miami
  • blue = awning from first photo

Out5.png

This building has been replaced with a massive new condominium complex built on this property and the surrounding area.  They eliminated a road, added several new roads, and constructed a new lake.  The condos sell for bargain prices ranging from $1 million to $10 million.  The only thing that remains is the name:  the new complex is also called the Ocean Club.

https://www.oceanclubkeybiscayne.org/

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 4

Incredible find, airtommy! Great work. We drove by this location last Spring. Had no idea about all this! If I hit the lotto, I'm moving to Key Biscayne! Guess I should start buying tickets. :) 

12 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Incredible find, airtommy! Great work. We drove by this location last Spring. Had no idea about all this! If I hit the lotto, I'm moving to Key Biscayne! Guess I should start buying tickets. :) 

Either win the lottery, or be the guy selling lottery tickets.  ;)

One item on my "to do in Miami" list was to look around on foot for the exact spot Maria Rojas is confronted in Def Miami, but no dice!

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, airtommy said:

I actually had on my "to do in Miami" list to look around on foot for the exact spot Maria Rojas is confronted in Def Miami, but no dice!

Is the villa still there?

• 7 months later...

Watched this fine episode this week - this is a 2017 recreation shot from the Brothers in Arms montage on the MacArthur Cswy at Terminal Isle :hippie:

74B04D23-0807-4481-A0CC-937201F0B38D.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Same angle slightly nearer Miami Beach at sunset early February 2017 - MacArthur Cswy and Terminal Isle :hippie:

A1E759ED-5A63-4F31-A115-EBC6F0B3488C.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

Nice pix but beware of the traffic on the MacArthur.  On my last trip we were stuck bumper to bumper for hours trying to get to the Beach.  We finally gave up and exited at Star Island drove around in there and headed back.

On 24/10/2017 at 2:27 AM, miamijimf said:

Nice pix but beware of the traffic on the MacArthur.  On my last trip we were stuck bumper to bumper for hours trying to get to the Beach.  We finally gave up and exited at Star Island drove around in there and headed back.

The MacArthur always seems jammed particularly later in the day - I find the Julia Tuttle Cswy better until you hit Arthur Godfrey Road that is terrible along that stretch to Indian Creek Drive :hippie:

• Like 1

A few more shots from earlier this year at sunset from the MacArthur Cswy at Terminal Isle as featured at the beginning of the night “Brothers In Arms” montage:hippie::dance2:

08D10D53-351A-4D4E-AC1D-7D77209A0220.jpeg

12A7ED59-7EEA-4E0D-9D0B-6988F0F678C1.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

A really interesting angle of the raised road platform at the end of the MacArthur Cswy at Alton Road we see in this episode during the “Brothers in Arms” montage.:hippie:

E0B674A0-D376-4B8E-A23C-AF8566FC3DC6.jpeg

• Like 1