Episode 23: Prodigal Son

airtommy

Maybe it's just me but I am elated that the tree is still there.

Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild

Wonderful to see Jeremy - thankyou  :D  :)

That's neat Charlie, looking forward to the update of your location site about this find.   ;)

Agreed Jim - cannot wait to see to visit  :D  :fireworks:  :radio:

I have updated the first page of Prodigal Son on my web site. Page 1 of 4. It covers the filming at Bear Mountain and Harriman State Forests. I also added pictures of the NY montage that I took in Manhattan on my recent trip. Hope you enjoy.

• Like 1

I have updated the first page of Prodigal Son on my web site. Page 1 of 4. It covers the filming at Bear Mountain and Harriman State Forests. I also added pictures of the NY montage that I took in Manhattan on my recent trip. Hope you enjoy.

Thanks Charlie.  :cool:

Brillant work ! Thanks Jeremy  :D  :dance2: 

So it looks like both locations are within the same park ?  :D

Harriman and Bear actually border each other Ive just read .

Edited by Matt5

I generally always thought the water seen in the background was most likely the Hudson River. I could never make the ridgeline in the background line up until looking at some of the lakes in the surrounding area and found the right spot. Cool spot and you can even drive down this dirt road as they did in the Jeep.

• Like 1

I generally always thought the water seen in the background was most likely the Hudson River. I could never make the ridgeline in the background line up until looking at some of the lakes in the surrounding area and found the right spot. Cool spot and you can even drive down this dirt road as they did in the Jeep.

Great info thankyou  :D

More breaking news: Just found the locations of the montage scenes where they are passing by cross streets in NY. Could never figure out these locations until playing a hunch last night. Thanks to one little feature seen on a building I located them on 5th Avenue by St Patrick's. I will update with more info soon as I can.

• Like 1

More breaking news: Just found the locations of the montage scenes where they are passing by cross streets in NY. Could never figure out these locations until playing a hunch last night. Thanks to one little feature seen on a building I located them on 5th Avenue by St Patrick's. I will update with more info soon as I can.

Just have to find the get out of taxi scene where we first see C&T that would be great - excellent work!!

• 3 weeks later...

I just updated page two of PS on my location site. http://www.miamivicelocations2.org/page5.html  Numerous re-creation photos from my recent trip. I also fine tuned a couple of location's locations. Sadly the garage where we see them get the car is being renovated into condos (starting at 14 million USD). The Forman on the job was a true Vice fan from the 80's, he could even recite titles and actors so he really was a fan. Enough so that he got me a hard hat and let me into the job site. Holy ground. I also updated page 1 with the just found drive by shots. Cheers.

I just updated page two of PS on my location site. http://www.miamivicelocations2.org/page5.html  Numerous re-creation photos from my recent trip. I also fine tuned a couple of location's locations. Sadly the garage where we see them get the car is being renovated into condos (starting at 14 million USD). The Forman on the job was a true Vice fan from the 80's, he could even recite titles and actors so he really was a fan. Enough so that he got me a hard hat and let me into the job site. Holy ground. I also updated page 1 with the just found drive by shots. Cheers.

Very cool!   :cool:

Thank you. My wife and twins have a cameo appearance. In the scene where C+T admire the woman in the pink skirt the re-creation picture has them in the bg.

Thank you. My wife and twins have a cameo appearance. In the scene where C+T admire the woman in the pink skirt the re-creation picture has them in the bg.

Great work as always Jeremy - it wouldnt suprise me if when C&T got out of the cab that was not filmed on Madison  also as this was where the babe in the pink skirt was filmed  - making no assumptions however as the "police station" was filmed on Park Avenue and a few blocks up !! :D

Edited by Matt5

• Administrators

Oh my God - I just discovered your "tree investigation" at the beginning of Produgal Son. GREAT WORK! :thumbsup:

To watch your site brings back a lot of nice memories! Thanks!

:baby:=)

• Like 1

Page 4 is also now published

Wonderful Jeremy - how great the site where Margaret was later was the same spot the girl in the pink skirt was in the montage  :D

Wonderful Jeremy - how great the site where Margaret was later was the same spot the girl in the pink skirt was in the montage  :D

Yes, more evidence that we can find the location that we first see them based on the likelihood that it is around one of the locations we already know. I also want to find the interior loft location. I do not believe it is the same building we see them enter/exit. I believe from the way the pipes run thru the building that the building is triangular in shape not square or rectangular and the design of the building next door seen thru the windows does not match up but more on that later. I too thought it was cool to find that the two scenes were filmed at the same intersection.

Oh my God - I just discovered your "tree investigation" at the beginning of Produgal Son. GREAT WORK! :thumbsup:

To watch your site brings back a lot of nice memories! Thanks!

:baby:=)

It was very cool to track this location down. Something about it, maybe the challenge, made me really want to track it down. While there I really could place myself in the scene, wanted to build a shack and some campfires, then I would just need to buy a couple old military vehicles. I was so glad nobody had cut that special tree down.

It was very cool to track this location down. Something about it, maybe the challenge, made me really want to track it down. While there I really could place myself in the scene, wanted to build a shack and some campfires, then I would just need to buy a couple old military vehicles. I was so glad nobody had cut that special tree down.

It was great work :D