Awesome Unused Vice Script!

COOPER&BURNETT

Well, we've all waited, ...and now it has been revealed. The cool "mystery" is...Two scripts written for MIAMI VICE by script writer Gustave Reininger.Gustave is the man who wrote the script for the episode "FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS" (one of the very best episodes).These were his PERSONAL copies!!But wait! It get's better!I also have his PERSONAL copy of a MIAMI VICE script he wrote that was NOT USED! It's title is "MOTHER'S KEEPERS".Earlier, when I was thinking it may be a historic vice item, it's because I knew the script was called MOTHER'S KEEPERS (I have the second draft), and thought it could be the second draft of the pilot. I thought MOTHER'S KEEPERS might be the original title to BROTHER'S KEEPER in it's early stages.I am overjoyed to read an episode that wasn't made by one of MIAMI VICE's scriptwriters. What an incredible RARE acquisition!!! It's an important find for MIAMI VICE enthusiasts, and now a part of VICE lore.Other than a copy that's filed away in the NBC faults, I don't know of anyone else who owns this script. It's a one of a kind, DIRECTLY from the writer himself!He doesn't even have a personal copy anymore, as I now OWN it!Yet ANOTHER .WS EXCLUSIVE!

Eingefügtes BildScripts were the single biggest expense for the MIAMI VICE series. The scripts cost about $17,000 - $18,000 a piece.The writers could command that amount because it's fees are already set with the Writers Guild.Script revisions are also very expensive as it requires re-shooting scenes. A scene can be shot, then re- written, and re shot again the next day (see the thread about deleted scenes and photos to see what I mean.).

Here's the other script, FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS that was his PERSONAL copy.(The writing on the cover is Gustave's own handwriting!)Eingefügtes Bild

The RARE unused script is 53 pages long. It's not dated, and it doesn't give many hints as to which year it was developed, other than Castillo is in it, so therefore it was written AFTER "THREE EYED JACK" in season one, and Switek AND Zito are mentioned, so it was BEFORE "DOWN FOR THE COUNT" in season 3.The writers script for FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS was the episode that aired right before DOWN FOR THE COUNT, so I'm guessing it was written for season 3.The script mentions Crockett's FERRARI, but doesn't say which one. There isn't anything to indicate which season it could be from, but I'm guessing it's season 3.Eingefügtes Bild

I'd say the unused script could in a way be considered historic.It's a glimpse at what COULD have been if it were filmed. Interesting history of the characters we never got to see or know.

• Like 1

So the wait is over pffff:dance2:Great you found a unused script :thumbsup:But now I am curious how the script ends.

The good guys win! :clap::thumbsup:

Really great stuff, Coop!I think the unused script could have been playig somewhere in season 5 because Sonny is talking about Billy´s adoption.

Great Miami Vice folklore! Rather than the original title for "Brother's Keeper", I think it is more a conclusion episode script, since Billy's adoption is mentioned and there's a tie-in with the name, "Mother's Keeper."

Really great stuff' date=' Coop!I think the unused script could have been playig somewhere in season 5 because Sonny is talking about Billy´s adoption.[/quote']No, it couldn't have been, as ZITO is in the script, and died in season 3.

Great Miami Vice folklore! Rather than the original title for "Brother's Keeper"' date=' I think it is more a conclusion episode script, since Billy's adoption is mentioned and there's a tie-in with the name, "Mother's Keeper."[/quote']Although I just got it, (I work on weekends) I have not yet read it, however, I read the teaser, and I have gone thru the pages to get a general idea of what takes place. I don't see this in any way being a tie in to Brother's Keepers.It has something to do with a bad guy with missing fingers, and stealing a baby from a women he kills. Gina and Crockett knew her. They are on the case!