Awesome Unused Vice Script!

COOPER&BURNETT

Wonderful find Coop! Hmmm yes interesting as to which Season it might have been in - you are of course right in that it can only be from Seasons 1 to 3 as Zito is still about. I understand the similarities to Baby Blues argument but I suspect that this was meant for Season 1 or 2 - if it was Season 3 the ending it's unlikely would be 'happy' - the Season is too dark - or if it had been used I suspect they would have changed the ending to make it slightly darker. Also the Gina & Sonny angle is something they rarely played on after Seasons 1 & 2 - they were obviously far closer in the Seasons 1 & 2 - so perhaps it would have been more 'natural' for a story in which Gina & Sonny are undercover as potential new parents. Just my theories... Once again, great find Coop - we need to see that script in full !

Wonderful find Coop! Hmmm yes interesting as to which Season it might have been in - you are of course right in that it can only be from Seasons 1 to 3 as Zito is still about. I understand the similarities to Baby Blues argument but I suspect that this was meant for Season 1 or 2 - if it was Season 3 the ending it's unlikely would be 'happy' - the Season is too dark - or if it had been used I suspect they would have changed the ending to make it slightly darker. Also the Gina & Sonny angle is something they rarely played on after Seasons 1 & 2 - they were obviously far closer in the Seasons 1 & 2 - so perhaps it would have been more 'natural' for a story in which Gina & Sonny are undercover as potential new parents. Just my theories... Once again' date=' great find Coop - we need to see that script in full ![/quote']Interesting perspectives on the script. Who knows, pehaps your correct.It's interesting to read people's theorys.I may post another page or so if people want me to.

Interesting perspectives on the script. Who knows' date=' pehaps your correct.It's interesting to read people's theorys.I may post another page or so if people want me to.[/quote']Let me see - Yeah:thumbsup:

After reading this thread (and the script screenshots):This could be the script that Michael Mann turned down in mid-season 2 (around fall 1985) as Crockett´s son Billy is at least mentioned in the script: There is an interesting background story to this:They promised Rob Cohen to direct an episode in season 2 (after he directed "Evan" and "Made for each other" in season 1) and told him there was a script about Crockett´s son they had in mind for him. When he didn´t receive the script, he again asked for it and they told him that Michael had decided not to bring Sonny´s kid in once again in the series (he later did in season 4 instead) and that they would send him another script they wanted to film instead. Cohen received it and was disappointed due to script quality: the script was about an episode that was later titled "Definetely Miami". The rest is history, DM was filmed 14-26 November 1985 ...

After reading this thread (and the script screenshots) carefully:This must be the script that Michael Mann turned down in mid-season 2 (around fall 1985). There is an interesting background story to this:They promised Rob Cohen to direct an episode in season 2 (after he directed "Evan" and "Made for each other" in season 1) and told him there was a script about Crockett´s son they had in mind for him. When he didn´t receive the script' date=' he again asked for it and they told him that Michael had decided not to bring Sonny´s kid in once again in the series (he later did in season 4 instead) and that they would send him another script they wanted to film instead. Cohen received it and was disappointed due to script quality: the script was about an episode that was later titled "Definetely Miami". The rest is history, DM was filmed 14-26 November 1985 ...[/quote']The story is correct.Cohen didn't really care for the DEFINATELY MIAMI script, as he felt the two stories didn't tie into eachother, which he didn't like. He knew he had to do it though, as you don't turn down work.He did try to push the limit with sexyness on that show he said. (The censors even had to cut out a shot of her breast!)Your observation about DEFINATELY MIAMI is absolutely correct, but Billy is only mentioned in this script, and it's not about him. There were OTHER scripts that were never made into episodes by different writers. Not sure if this is the very one they were talking about or not, as a few other undeveloped scripts must surely exist in NBC's vaults. TOM71, Nice job trying to tie the two together! Your a VERY clever detective!! :clap::clap:(Gawd, I LOVE this site, AND it's members!)

Again' date='....How DO you do that:cheers:Great find![/quote']As Luke Skywalker said to DARTH VADER in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK,... "You'll find out I'm full of suprises.";):thumbsup:

I'm not highly familiar with scripts but this reinforces in my mind the importance/value of creative directing which is implied or otherwise stated in this single page. The script also reminds me of the importance of addressing social issues or how they were incorporated as key to the plots of that time. I was reading an article today on how USA built itself up as a successful network and referred to Monk and Burn Notice as following characters that fight crime with their own (often comical) personal shortcomings... not saying Vice fit into the social issue category but there were plenty of episodes like the one with the Football player, and this script, did it not deal with an unwed mother? Not sure where I'm going here, I suppose, it's fun to be able to read in btwn the lines of a script and think where it might've gone. I think we're lucky to have the Vice movie to give us that vision on modern translation... although I'm not familiar with the other Miami shows (CSI, etc.), I do know that Vice is a tough act to follow. Archetypal of the 80s, as was MTV when it used to play videos. Have to re-read the clean up Miami thread but without familiarity of it, I'm thinking if what the thread starter was trying to get at was whether Vice could exist in today's darker Miami - of course I could be way off, just a forecast. We need to make an assessment of the 90s sometime, and whoa - now we can also begin to make our assessments of the 2000s and see if there were recurring stylistic themes carried over from Vice... and did those themes expand or contract? Since the 80s was the pinnacle of western culture, it's inevitable that all things will eventually return to the Vice days. For the script and the DJ glasses, you need to get two light-up pedestals, I wouldn't put them in cases ;)

For the script and the DJ glasses' date=' you need to get two light-up pedestals, I wouldn't put them in cases ;)[/quote']Light up pedestals. Hmmmmm.Interesting idea cageyJG. :baby:

Here's an example of what I mean:Eingefügtes Bild

I've thought about those things before.I was originally thinking about the large cases to the right in the picture that are holding some of my STAR WARS Crew items. It would keep dust off of the items.Eingefügtes Bild

Wow.What's the story with that item that looks like a drinking glass?I hope you can find a position apropos for the prominence of the Wayfarers - that stuff looks like it's in your mancave or bedroom? When someone walks into casa C&B, they need to be met full-on by the power of those shades.

Wow.What's the story with that item that looks like a drinking glass?I hope you can find a position apropos for the prominence of the Wayfarers - that stuff looks like it's in your mancave or bedroom? When someone walks into casa C&B' date=' they need to be met full-on by the power of those shades.[/quote']Dude, didn't you view all the photos and stuff in the thread in the scrapbook section for my STAR WARS CAST AND CREW ITEMS?This photo was at my last place, where STAR WARS CREW items dominated the place, at my new place, it's all MIAMI VICE.The glass was given to the cast and crew of the production of THE PHANTOM MENACE, and it has logos of patches that were made for the crew.

I wonder if I should post another page?

At the risk of sounding like a commercial for Nikey (did I spell that right:confused:), Stop Wondering & Just Do It !!!!:):D

At the risk of sounding like a commercial for Nikey (did I spell that right:confused:)' date=' Stop Wondering & Just Do It !!!!:):D[/quote']NIKE ;)