Winchester Mystery House

JonnyDaytona

I remember reading the story in one of the New York state English tests for elementary school students, although it was probably in the study materials for the tests. I can't really remember exactly. But the story I read was a more PG treatment of the story. It involved Sarah Winchester making everything in the house 13 times because she "consulted" with ghosts late at night to figure out how to design the house. It made the ghosts sound very benign, as if they were there for guidanceThen I read it a few months ago on Wikipedia. It turns out she was building the house to appease the ghost because she was scared to death of them. Her "consultations" with the ghosts was probably telling her what to do. Still, it was an interesting story either way, and I want to visit the house sometime in the future.I guess that's what happens when you're the heir to a gunmaker's fortune.

You should take the Tour!If you think reading about Winchester Mystery House is bizarre, you should take the tour:eek: I took a friend who was visiting last year, and she really loved it. It's definitely worth the $;)It's right off of Freeway 280 in San Jose, and right across the street from Santana Row, which is an upscale shopping center worth the visit, too.http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/http://www.santanarow.com/

• Administrators

Is that like the house they used in the Greatest American Hero were Ralph enters the Th dimension?I vaguely remember that house seemed to have a lot of stairs that went nowheres.