Miami Vice ~ 2nd Trip to Miami Feb 1988

DJAngel

What was the original idea behind typing out the details of the trip. Was this originally to be sent to friends or family? The internet didn't exist at that time. Thank Goodness you DID write about it' date=' to preserve all the memories.I can't believe that you got so close to DJ and PMT (even touched them!!). It's just too good to be true. I enjoyed my time with Olivia Brown one on one, but you met DJ and PMT, and some of the other actors!!! That is AMAZING!!You really are a great detective to find where they were filming, (you touched DJ's motorhome!)I'm transfixed to your journeys. Brings back great memories. :clap:[/quote']I've always had access to typewriter or computer (yeah I really did learn how to type on typewriter :) Typing out the stories just seemed like the thing to do back when we took the trips, and I'm so glad I did. I've only shared them with friends and fans of Miami Vice. My family knew I took the trips, but I don't think they would be interested in reading the details of the trip. I leave that to those who appreciate them. Fandom is an interesting thing only to those who share that interest. All three trips to Miami we took not knowing if we would see filming for sure. We did have a fan club, and we connected by letters and phone calls, and we did write to the Production Office, which was located at the Alexander Hotel on Miami Beach. I can't remember what information some of us were able to get from the office, but we were, for the most part on these trips, alone in finding locations. As you tell from the trip stories, we made a few contacts when possible. I think they thought we were nice and did give some information at times. Also, the 1988 trip, which started at the Charity Golf Tournament, which was announced in the USA Today newspaper, so we knew about before we went, we got lucky meeting Dick Brahms, and got the invite to the set from that. That was amazing, and we really appreciated that for sure. We had photos taken with Don, Philip, Eddie, and Michael Talbot because the opportunities were there, and we went for it at that time. I'm so happy we have it all to look back on with great fond memories and appreciation. I want to share them here because you are the people who are interested and care about Miami Vice:cheers:

Rumor is that I'm kind of a big MIAMI VICE fan.Not sure if you realize it. ;)BELIEVE ME DJAngel, there are huge fans here, and we LOVE to know what your trips produced, and any memories you can think of.As Bob Hope said, "Thanks for the memories".I'm also your fan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hallo DJ.Angel,ich bin Steffi und erst seit kurzem hier. Deine Beitraege und Fotos sind ganz toll. Ich beneide Dich wirklich sehr. Ich bin ein grosser Fan von Don Johnsen und wuerde ihn sehr gern mal in Natura sehen.Leider weiss ich nicht, ob Du nur englisch sprichst. Ich kann leider nicht gut englisch.Ich wuerde mich sehr ueber eine Antwort freuen.Mich interessiert alles ueber Don Johnsen und die Anderen natuerlich auch.Ein schoenes Wochenende:balloon:Tschuess Steffi

ich bin Steffi und erst seit kurzem hier. Deine Beitraege und Fotos sind ganz toll. Ich beneide Dich wirklich sehr. Ich bin ein grosser Fan von Don Johnsen und wuerde ihn sehr gern mal in Natura sehen.Leider weiss ich nicht' date=' ob Du nur englisch sprichst. Ich kann leider nicht gut englisch.Ich wuerde mich sehr ueber eine Antwort freuen.Mich interessiert alles ueber Don Johnsen und die Anderen natuerlich auch.Ein schoenes Wochenende:balloon:Tschuess Steffi[/quote']Sorry, don't know what you are saying, Bartolotta, but Thank You for posting, and I hope you enjoyed the story and pictures.

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I missed this Topic & pictures the first time around in 2010, DJAngel.  I'm glad Matt5 re-posted them. :thumbsup:

Is that Don Johnson's baby on the Badge of Dishonor set ?

9 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

I missed this Topic & pictures the first time around in 2010, DJAngel.  I'm glad Matt5 re-posted them. :thumbsup:

Is that Don Johnson's baby on the Badge of Dishonor set ?

You're welcome Tony I was just rereading this topic:D

• 3 years later...