The Good Collar

miamijimf

Posted: 25 March 2007 by airtommy Diner Scene at 29:12 This occurs in the same lot where Trudy is tied up in a trailer at the end of "Smuggler's Blues". Eingefügtes BildPosted: 25 March 2007 by Matt5 That is really interesting - I looked into this location last Year and thought it odd too. I knew I could not locate a real diner in that area. I googled imaged the teaser scene of this episode in a "Good Collar" Thread by here in Dec heres link or go to page 2 on this thread The Opening Scene of "The Good Collar"as the opening credits roll .Crockett is clearly seen over the river from the back of the Convention Centre/Clarion/Hyatt Hotels on the bit of land opposite. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=MIAMI&ie=UTF8&t=k&om=1&z=19&ll=25.770359,-80.191489&spn=0.001138,0.002688 SAME Location as above but further to the right almost opposite the Hyatt Rear Courtyard ( The lights are The Hyatt's) Posted: 24 May 2007 by DanJ 28 minutes into this ep C&T take a drive. Here's the breakdown:28:04 Testarossa heads south on Collins Avenue, at about 50th Street28:09 Inside shot of Tubbs, too tight to tell where.28:13 Inside shot of Crockett, too tight to tell where.28:33 Crockett's car phone rings and he picks it up. We are now looking out his driver's side window.28:35 We see La Paloma restaurant which is on Biscayne Boulevard and about 112th Street. We are looking east out of Crockett's car window and we are heading south on Biscayne.28:39 We see a shops building which is at about 111th and Biscayne.28:42 We see the Royal Court Villas which were at about about 110th and Biscayne (They were torn down recently.). At this point C&T and the Testarossa are in front of the Ukelele (Uke) Bar, which we cant's see because it is behind us on the west side of the road. If this were " No Exit" it would be a rainy night and Switek would be looking out of a window in the Uke bar, looking across the street at the Royal Court Villas.28:45 The driving scene ends once again at Collins at around 50th Street, maybe a little further south than that. Posted: 03 June 2007 by airtommy Drug house around 15:00 - house number is 227. This address would fit perfectly if it were next to the alley Collins Ct. or at the southern end of Miami Beach near 2nd/3rd St. I looked around but couldn't find anything. If it was there, it could easily have been replaced. P.S. Nice rundown of the driving scene, nice view of La Paloma Restaurant on bird's eye. Posted: 03 June 2007 by airtommy "The Count" is busted Intersection of 11th Street & Ocean Court Miami Beach The key clue is at 44:18, when C&T and the limo both turn left. Behind them is Lummus Park. You will notice a straight walkway to the beach, and to the right of it is a pink box. I have circled that on the pic below: Eingefügtes BildPosted: 03 June 2007 at 12:57pm by DanJIn the scene Airtommy just showed us above we also see the arched footbridge from the teaser of "Out Where The Buses Don't Run" which I believe does not exist any more. Here's a few scene recreation shots from the teaser where Crockett busts Archie, and the latino gang attempts to mark their turf (First is a MV screen capture, second is my recreation shot.):Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThe above is Española Way at Drexel Avenue. The area has been spruced up considerably and barely resembles the ghetto scene in the ep, but the buildings are the same so if ya excercise yer x-ray vision and look past all the new glitter and landscaping ya oughtta be able ta recognize da scene - and ya know dat!I want so much to find the 227 drug house. Airtommy already tried to suss this out and I drove the area in search of, but I have not been able to find it. Rats! Keep this in mind: The Art Deco district's southern border is 6th street. The area south of that is not protected by the historic district regulations and is therefore open territory for - ugh - redevelopment. As such, if the 227 house is/was anywhere down in that area, it may be gone today. P.S. I'm also looking for the alley where Tubbs chases down and tackles the latino gang leader (Who, in what looks like an homage to a scene from "Brothers' Keeper," flashes his badge at Tubbs and identifies himself as a cop, saying, "Nice tackle.".). Here's a screen capture of the scene. The way it's cut one would think it's an alley behind Española Way, but I have found no such place. Might this be the opposite end of the 227 drug house alley?Eingefügtes BildPosted: 04 June 2007 by Ferrariman Wow, the difference in the 2 above pics is amazing! Talk about urban renewal!

Posted: 08 June 2007 by SOFLAJEREMYOriginally posted by airtommyDrug house around 15:00 - house number is 227. This address would fit perfectly if it were next to the alley Collins Ct. or at the southern end of Miami Beach near 2nd/3rd St. I looked around but couldn't find anything. If it was there, it could easily have been replaced. P.S. Nice rundown of the driving scene, nice view of La Paloma Restaurant on bird's eye. can't believe you don't recognize this location used in at least two other episodes. even a martian knows the neighborhood hint hint look at recent location trivia but if you go there be careful of the rapist who lives there Posted: 08 June 2007 by SOFLAJEREMY hey danj if tubbs knew about the hot hot blond in the pizza place on the corner he would have gone there instead of down the alley wow Eingefügtes Bildnew paint job and windows mattress is gone as well as the fire escape but otherwise same dirty alley way. Had to wait for two guys to finish a real drug deal and get out of the way before I could snap this shot Posted: 08 June 2007 by airtommy Sweet, Jeremy found it! It's the alleyway Collins Court just north of 1st Street. That's the same place where Eddie & Bobby were tossing the football at the beginning of "Red Tape". Originally posted by DanJMight this be the opposite end of the 227 drug house alley?Your instincts were correct! The drug house was 227 1st St, next door to the Nemo Hotel. So, the alley around the corner from the 227 drug house was the same alley as in the teaser. Posted: 08 June 2007 by SOFLAJEREMY Originally posted by airtommySweet, Jeremy found it! It's the alleyway Collins Court just north of 1st Street. That's the same place where Eddie & Bobby were tossing the football at the beginning of "Red Tape". Originally posted by DanJMight this be the opposite end of the 227 drug house alley?Your instincts were correct! The drug house was 227 1st St, next door to the Nemo Hotel. So, the alley around the corner from the 227 drug house was the same alley as in the teaser. All correct airtommy and now for the set of ginsu steak knifes what other episode used this location. 1 clue already given second clue gina was working with stan in the bug van. Posted: 08 June 2007 by Tom71 this street was also used in "Hell hath no Fury" where Gina and Stan were on stakeoutin the bugvan. did I win the steak knifes, soflajeremy ? Posted: 08 June 2007 by SOFLAJEREMY You got it mang when do you want to pick them up?Posted: 08 June 2007 by Tom71tomorrow midnight ocean ct just north of 1st street in sobe!Posted: 08 June 2007 by SOFLAJEREMY he he I will be there looking for ya who is going to mess with a seedy looking guy carrying a whole set of knives?? Posted: 09 June 2007 by airtommy I just studied the Gina/Stan scene in Hell Hath No Fury. It isn't Collins Ct, it's Ocean Ct. You can see Lummus Park when Beeks goes to his car. It looks to me like it was filmed around Ocean Ct & 12th St (same as his assassination). Posted: 29 December 2007 by jfv93 Which school was used for the school scenes in this episode? After the bust at the very begining, he mentions Booker T. which is a real school (Booker T. Washington) in Miami but which one is used for the exterior and interior (Teachers lounge and lockers) of Tamiami High? Posted: 29 December 2007 by airtommyI didn't see any visual clues as to which school it is.

Posted 03-02-2010 by LT. GILMORE I am going to Miami next week and I wanted to find the gps address for the house from the "Good Collar". The one that the boy who was killed, lived in. I know I found it before, but I can't seem to find it again. I believe it is in Coconut Grove. It is the one at the end of the episode where Crockett puts the football in the garbage can and the Testarossa is parked down the street.If anyone can help it would be appreciated. Thanks, Lt. GilmorePosted 03-02-2010 by COOPER&BURNETT Welcome LT. GILMORE.Eingefügtes BildI don't know where the house is,....have you tried the GLOSSARY? Check the LOCATION section, perhaps it's listed there. Posted 03-03-2010 by airtommy Does this look familiar?I just watched the two scenes and I dare say this might have been the easiest Vice location find ever. The address "110 Oak" is written on wall to the right of the front door.Posted 03-03-2010 by tom71 @airtommy: I don´t want to spoil your enthusiasm here, but as I remember the episode the front door seems to be located directly at the street (compare the last scenes where Crockett gets thrown out and meets Atkins) whereas in your google pic (the house and the intersection on the street looks like on TV, but) there seems to be a huge distance between the street and the front door.But maybe it is just good editing that makes one think there is no front yard.Let´s check this once again.CU,Tom Posted 03-03-2010 by airtommyIt's editing. They never actually show Crockett walk from the street to the door. This is definitely the house. The house has hardly changed, and neither has the house next-door.I made a note of the address several years ago when the S3 DVDs first came out, but Google Street View was not in existence yet so I could not check it out. I'm sure Soflajeremy has already found this but he rarely posts any of his finds.I'd love to find that park where C&T meet the Count in his limo. It should be near the Oak Ave house. There are several parks and schools near there, but I can't find a good match. After the Count drives away and they show C&T, you can see that the street meets the next street at an angle, not the usual right-angle intersection.LT. GILMORE, keep your eyes open for that park if you visit the house! Posted 03-03-2010 by airtommyAround 25:20, when C&T head back to the Caddy, there is a blue house in the background. I think it is this house:Google Street View linkThis is actually next door to Archie's home. I believe the street where Count Walker and Tubbs parked their cars no longer exists. It was part of the little park on the corner of Oak Ave and Brooker St, but the park was overhauled and that access road eliminated. The former road ran parallel to George Allen Ave.Just above the blue house you can see a taller building in the distance. I believe that is St Mary's Missionary Baptist Church‎ at 136 Frow Ave.LT. GILMORE, if you do visit these locations, post photos here! Posted 03-03-2010 by tom71airtommy: you may be right. I had found another park before your post that could be a match: Nellie Moore Park at Jefferson Dr/Lincoln Dr, just a few blocks southwest of Oak Ave. I have no access to my DVDs right now, but from memory I would say that park and the V-shaped angle of Jefferson Drive in the background could match the scene with C&T after Count left. Lemme know what you think.http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&layer=c&cbll=25.726172,-80.259462&panoid=bj0x3djvG7XVeozV0sRSJw&cbp=11,239.59,,0,11.68&ll=25.725984,-80.259475&spn=0.000447,0.001663&z=19Posted 03-03-2010 by airtommyQuote:Originally Posted by tom71 I had found another park before your post that could be a match: Nellie Moore Park at Jefferson Dr/Lincoln Dr, just a few blocks southwest of Oak Ave. I have no access to my DVDs right now, but from memory I would say that park and the V-shaped angle of Jefferson Drive in the background could match the scene with C&T after Count left. Lemme know what you think. I looked at that too, as well as all the schools and parks in the area. The angle is right and the park is there, but the background house is wrong. For my location, the background house is a perfect match. Even the hedge is the same after all these years. I'm very confident the Oak Ave house is correct. The neighborhood doesn't look all that low rent on Street View, so maybe Lt Gilmore or a Miami resident can swing by and confirm it for us. Posted 4 Mar 2010 by tom71Quote:Originally Posted by airtommy I looked at that too, as well as all the schools and parks in the area. The angle is right and the park is there, but the background house is wrong. For my location, the background house is a perfect match. Even the hedge is the same after all these years. I'm very confident the Oak Ave house is correct. The neighborhood doesn't look all that low rent on Street View, so maybe Lt Gilmore or a Miami resident can swing by and confirm it for us. great job! I know how accurate you do your location hunting job, thus I´m confident that´s it. For me it´s interesting that they removed the access road to the park as you mentioned before. Posted 4 Mar 2010 by Matt5Really great work , guys. I had a hunch it would have been in Coconut Grove but Coral Gables great. We know a lot of "The Good Collar" locations already such as the opening scene and end scene - so this is a great addition. Posted 4 Mar 2010 by airtommyRight before C&T meet Count Walker, there is a video montage of his gang doing their thing in the 'hood. This can be found, but it would be a lot harder than the other locations. It's quite possible it was filmed near the southern end of South Beach near some of those other scenes. If true, those buildings are probably gone now.

• 1 year later...

Great work!It looks like there are a couple of Cold Cases to be worked on. ;)

Yes' date=' I believe the school should be findable. It looks like a real school. I just did not take the time to check out all the schools to see if they matched. I decided to move on and return later to find the school. Some of the other spots will be tougher.[/size']

I took a screen cap of the front of the school last night and something interesting sticks out to me. Most schools have windows, especially in the front entrance, the "high school" in the Good Collar however does not.

I took a screen cap of the front of the school last night and something interesting sticks out to me. Most schools have windows' date=' especially in the front entrance, the "high school" in the Good Collar however does not.[/quote']my location hunting belly tells me this was not a real school. There are only some scenes on an aisle and the front shot, the office scenes were studio and no classrooms shown. 9:5 that this was a general building with a school sign on it.

my location hunting belly tells me this was not a real school. There are only some scenes on an aisle and the front shot' date=' the office scenes were studio and no classrooms shown. 9:5 that this was a general building with a school sign on it.[/quote']Exactly, those were my thoughts as well...The pond just got bigger. :D

my location hunting belly tells me this was not a real school. There are only some scenes on an aisle and the front shot' date=' the office scenes were studio and no classrooms shown. 9:5 that this was a general building with a school sign on it.[/quote']Maybe but I tend to disagree, 1) the door on the exterior hallway has ART painted on it repeatedly. Looks like a real Art classroom. Maybe they took the time to do it but then why not on other doors. 2) Crockett walks out of a classroom that looks like a science classroom to me. He is suppose to be walking out of the office that we know was a studio set. But the door is open long enough to get a peek in and it looks like a real classroom. 3) The gate in the hallway looked real, not something that set decorators would likely add to a regular building. 4) Remember this is a southern school so it is not fully enclosed like a northern school. There is no snow so outdoor corridors with lockers outside is not uncommon. 5) My gut says it overall looks like a real school.

I took a screen cap of the front of the school last night and something interesting sticks out to me. Most schools have windows' date=' especially in the front entrance, the "high school" in the Good Collar however does not.[/quote']What makes you think that was the front of the school? To me I had the feeling that C+T arrived driving thru the teacher parking area on the side of the school.

After watching the scene with Archie, Crockett and Pippen in the teacher's lounge, I noticed this poster on the wall of the football team schedule. I was able to enlarge it just a bit to see that it reads "Miami Jackson Senior High School". I did a Google search and the school has been renovated drastically. Here is the school website: Home of The Generals The school is located at 1751 N.W. 36th Street. Football Schedule PosterEingefügtes BildPlease verify.. :radar:

This screen cap also helped.Wikipeda link to MJSHSEingefügtes Bild

As you said, the school does look totally different now. I was not able to find any spot on Google Maps or Bing that resembles some of the scenes in the episode. Nevertheless, it it very likely that this IS the location as I don´t believe that the crew placed wrong clues in the ep just to mislead viewers. Also, schools get extended or remodelled over the years. This ep was shot in August 1986 (13-24 August to be exact), that´s quite a long time!

I read in the Wiki link I posted above, all high school in the Miami-Dade county were under going complete construction. I was able to screen cap this from Bing yesterday. As you can see they were well underway to removing the old school. Eingefügtes BildJackson High School started life as a grade school. The original building was a log cabin built in 1898 on land donated by L.J. Becker. In its first year there were only 14 students.It was replaced by a four-room grade school which was more than doubled later with the addition of a five-room annex. Due to the growth of Miami's northwestern section, more rooms had to be added, and in 1926, a three-story high school building was added. This building remained the Jackson High School main campus until 2008, when a new campus, built upon the schools athletic fields, was opened and the historical building demolished with the land it was on making up the new athletic fields. Jackson's renovation was a part of a program to completely rebuild all high schools in Miami-Dade county and was the second school to be rebuilt after Miami Beach High School. The former building was the third oldest high school building in Miami-Dade County, Florida after Beach High and the historical campus at Miami High School. The tenth grade was added in 1936, and by 1939 the eleventh and twelfth grades were added. By then the elementary grades had been dropped. Jackson's first graduating class had 79 students.After World War II, the sixth through eighth grades were dropped, making Jackson High School a senior high school, as it remains today.

Great work. I must be getting old and lazy to have overlooked that sign. Shame on me. Really great research on your part. I will update my site soon. looking at your screen capture I can see arches in the building. I will do some research tonight after the game and see what I can turn up for historic pictures. It would probably be worth while to take a little look around the surrounding area also for some of the unknown locations from Walker's making his rounds montage. Again great work.

Great work. I must be getting old and lazy to have overlooked that sign. Shame on me. Really great research on your part. I will update my site soon. looking at your screen capture I can see arches in the building. I will do some research tonight after the game and see what I can turn up for historic pictures. It would probably be worth while to take a little look around the surrounding area also for some of the unknown locations from Walker's making his rounds montage. Again great work.

Great work - shame the school has been extensively remodelled hence not recognising the school:D

Holy small world Batman! Based on Pink Flaming0 having found Eastside High I just took a few minutes to look around the area to see if I could spot any of the unknown spots of Walker's trip thru the ghetto. It was a quick trip and I have more work to do on it tonight but right away I spotted at least one of the structures and was surprised when I realized this was a Burn Notice filming location. They used it for episode 32, Fearless Leader. For BN fans it is where the drug lab was located. I believe the whole montage was in this area and I will work on it tonight and let you know. From BN:Eingefügtes Bild

A quick reference shot from my website.Eingefügtes BildIn the BN picture I previously posted the structure with the pointed roof behind the van is the structure we see here in MV on the right half of the screen capture. The building seen on the left in the MV screen capture is seen on the left of the BN screen capture with the window that stands out so well in contrast to the yellow wall. Left of the van in the bg, left side of alley. I will do more on it tonight but that is a quickie job.

Holy small world Batman! Based on Pink Flaming0 having found Eastside High I just took a few minutes to look around the area to see if I could spot any of the unknown spots of Walker's trip thru the ghetto. It was a quick trip and I have more work to do on it tonight but right away I spotted at least one of the structures and was surprised when I realized this was a Burn Notice filming location. They used it for episode 32" data-date=" Fearless Leader. For BN fans it is where the drug lab was located. I believe the whole montage was in this area and I will work on it tonight and let you know. From BN:[IMG">

http://www.southfloridafilminglocations.com/wpimages/wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp28c8f56d.png

Fantastic , SoflaJeremy:D

Great work!! :DI was working on that difficult montage but it looks like you nailed it! From your BN screen cap I instantly noticed the square roof apartment building with the overhang. Diagonally across the street from that building you should be able to see these.(If they are still there) Eingefügtes Bild