80s Music

Joe

I think we all love 80s music and we join the wide range of Songs in VICE.:radio::radio:So I want you to post your favourite Songs here.You can make a list, can write artists, songs, bands ...I start with: ALL VICE Songs + Artists +Phil Collins songs !!!some songs by Michael Jackson like "Thriller", "Bad", ...Sunglasses At Night by Corey Hart and other songs by himsome songs by Bryan Ferry like Sensation, Kiss and Tell, ...Kenny G songs like Champagne, Sax AttackShriekback songsPeter Gabriel......:radio::radio:

Well I see I am not the only one who likes Kenny G. WhamGeorge MichaelDuran DuranGenesisFrank Sinatra(this isn't 80's,but)Motley CrueBon JoviPrince

Far too many songs to make a complete list, but the biggies are mostly 70's & 80's rock:- Bruce Springsteen and Jackson Browne are tops, I can listen to them anytime, anywhere. Too bad Bruce was never played on MV, and Browne only received one song ("Lives in the Balance"). -Genesis, Phil Collins, and Peter Gabriel; all fantastic.-Don Henley-Fleetwood Mac-John Mellencamp-Jim Croce-Eddie Money-Billy Joel-Eric Clapton-ZZ Top-Stevie Ray Vaughan-The Michael Stanley Band-The Doors-Pat Benatar-Bon Jovi-The Beatles-Rod Stewart-Neil Diamond (yeah, that's right)-Don Johnson (very underrated)And so, so many others.

Lar, You have down a lot of my fav bands! 1 I love the song Missing You by John Wait2 of course Smugglars Blue, Glenn Fry3 Simply Red and the song (you guy know I can't remember the title off hand, it's on the tip of my tongue, damn) It's not If you don't know me by now, it's the other one they played on Vice.......thanks once again all.4) Phil Collins5)George Michaels6) Areosmith7) THE BEATLES (should have been number one but was thinking Vice)8) Squeeze9) Fleetwood mac (seen them in reunion tour they were awsome and they played "So Afraid" Lindsey in an early Vice epi)10) Stevie Nick (Saw her twice and once she was with Don Henley)11) Eagles12) Pretenders13) Bon Jovi14) The CoresOh I could go on and on, but I'm with you, Lar.......And I love some the 70's and early 80's of Jackson Browne....played Running on Empty album to death.Oh but this is 80's.

Once again you came through for me, Holding back the years. And I used to get on stage and sing that song! my brain is shot..lol,.....Thank you, my girl!Shill I don't see a link here for me or anything from you???????

9) Fleetwood mac (seen them in reunion tour they were awsome and they played "So Afraid" Lindsey in an early Vice epi)

Ever hear of the Magic Moondog Coronation Ball? It's held every year in Cleveland, and it celebrates the 'first rock concert' held by Alan Freed. Basically a bunch of older artists performing their hits. I went in 2002, and it's a blast. Anyway, they were trying to get Fleetwood Mac this year, and let me tell you, if they would've gotten them there, I would've bought tickets *snaps fingers* like that!Love the scene in The Great McCarthy where they play Lindsey Buckingham's "Go Insane" - Buckingham is seriously awesome, I should've mentioned him individually above.

I loved The Smiths, The Cure, The Fix, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode.....One song was really bothering me...'Special Girl' By America. It was a minor hit in '84 and I heard the last 10 seconds of it on the radio one night. I spent a week trying to remember who did the song and finally track it down...By the way, No Rick Astley fans?

Ever hear of the Magic Moondog Coronation Ball? It's held every year in Cleveland' date=' and it celebrates the 'first rock concert' held by Alan Freed. Basically a bunch of older artists performing their hits. I went in 2002, and it's a blast. Anyway, they were trying to get Fleetwood Mac this year, and let me tell you, if they would've gotten them there, I would've bought tickets *snaps fingers* like that!Love the scene in The Great McCarthy where they play Lindsey Buckingham's "Go Insane" - Buckingham is seriously awesome, I should've mentioned him individually above.[/quote']I have heard of that, Lar.. Sounds like an awesome time :clap:

My favourite bands at the 80s: - Depeche Mode- Yazoo - Duran Duran- Billy Idol- Paul Young- Billy Ocean- Police

I love the following 80s music:a-hadepeche modebilly idoltalk talktina turnergenesisphil collins dire straitssupertrampalphavilleforeignerlionel richiemicheal jacksonstatus quoomdtotofurther i love Jan Hammer and Tim Trumanand all three Miami Vice Soundtrack CDs and esspecially the Complete Collection of Hammer...this Collection is the best of Instrumental Music on earth!!!

The 80's truely were the great times, especially for TV films and musicSome of my faves are:Don Johnson (predicatable, yes, but his songs really are good!)WhamDuran Duran (awesome live even now)Michael Bolton (cheesy as hell but oh well)BananaramaPhil CollinsQueenMadonnaand so many more i'll add them as i think of them

INXS' date='Robert Palmer,Power Station,Roxette,Cutting Crew,The Police.[/quote']Robert Palmer, yes! One of the greats, though most people know him for the same three songs they play on the radio over and over. I'm just now really getting into his music, but the guy was awesome.

Robert Palmer' date=' yes! One of the greats, though most people know him for the same three songs they play on the radio over and over. I'm just now really getting into his music, but the guy was awesome.[/quote']Robert Palmer....blue eyed soulster extraordinaire. He left us far too soon.

I'm finding I like early Genesis a lot more than I used to. Especially some of Phil's stuff from the 80's.

I still don't get "Su, Su, Sudio....."

I still don't get "Su' date=' Su, Sudio....."[/quote']Yeah...no one does. However 'Turn it on' was a cool Genesis song that's seldom heard.

Yeah...no one does. However 'Turn it on' was a cool Genesis song that's seldom heard.

Don't get me wrong--I'm a huge Phil C fan and have been for years and have many of his and the Genesis CDs. Even my all-time favorite song "In the air tonight" has some lyrics that I have no clue what they pertain to, as follows: "Well, if you told me you were drowning I would not lend a hand I've seen your face before my friend But I don't know if you know who I am Well, I was there and I saw what you did I saw it with my own two eyes So you can wipe off the grin, I know where you've been It's all been a pack of lies" .............but it does go well with the Ferrari and the engine revving, doesn't it?

Don't get me wrong--I'm a huge Phil C fan and have been for years and have many of his and the Genesis CDs. Even my all-time favorite song "In the air tonight" has some lyrics that I have no clue what they pertain to' date=' as follows: "Well, if you told me you were drowning I would not lend a hand I've seen your face before my friend But I don't know if you know who I am Well, I was there and I saw what you did I saw it with my own two eyes So you can wipe off the grin, I know where you've been It's all been a pack of lies" .............but it does go well with the Ferrari and the engine revving, doesn't it?[/quote']It goes insanely well with Black Daytonas at night.....

Don't get me wrong--I'm a huge Phil C fan and have been for years and have many of his and the Genesis CDs. Even my all-time favorite song "In the air tonight" has some lyrics that I have no clue what they pertain to' date=' as follows: "Well, if you told me you were drowning I would not lend a hand I've seen your face before my friend But I don't know if you know who I am Well, I was there and I saw what you did I saw it with my own two eyes So you can wipe off the grin, I know where you've been It's all been a pack of lies" .............but it does go well with the Ferrari and the engine revving, doesn't it?[/quote']I remember when that song came out and the was a story. Always stories made up about different stars and different songs. Anyway, the rumor had it he wrote the song about someone who offed a woman and the guy (Phil) saw him and knew him and what he'd done......And told him he'd let him die, that he saw this guy and the guy didn't when it happened. You know how rumors go......Heard it from a friend whhoooo heard from a frrriieeenndddd......