Episode "Hell hath no Fury"

Tom

When discussing the Good Collar location last week, I recalled that just a few blocks away there is another location mystery to solve in "Hell Hath no fury". I remember that when C&T drive to hunchman Hatch´s place (they are using a fake address in this scene) there is a street sign visible (3700 Florida Ave) in the background, which is in Coconut Grove at SW37th Ave. I believe they are heading westbound in this scene (i.e. towards S.Dixie Highway).As they mostly clustered locations I believe there are other locations of this ep near Florida Ave, e.g. Hatch place or the shooting range.Maybe one of you has more time&luck to find them with this clue.http://maps.google.at/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=de&geocode=&q=3700+florida+ave,+coconut+grove&sll=25.728507,-80.249947&sspn=0.014073,0.022917&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=3700+Florida+Ave,+Miami,+Miami-Dade,+Florida+33133,+Vereinigte+Staaten&z=16

Posted: 31 May 2007 at 2:10am by airtommyVictim's ApartmentClues abound in this episode.1. 10:27 - The ice cream truck goes by a sign reading "1337 Lawn Court Apt Hotel". So, this is near 13th or 14th Street.2. 10:35 - The ice cream truck parks and you can see a green building in the background. It has a small red Spanish tile roof on one corner. We get a better view at 12:11.3. 12:00 - You can see "705" on the wall behind the reporter. On the Miami Beach grid, this means it's near Euclid Avenue.Armed with these three clues, finding the apartment didn't take long. It's on the NW corner of Euclid Ave & 14th St.705 14th StreetMiami BeachBird's Eye View ==============================================Posted: 31 May 2007 at 2:39am by airtommyVictims walks to apartment (9:02)In the opening shot, in the background across the street you can see a black sign which reads "Kent Hotel". The Kent Hotel is at 1131 Collins Avenue. She is walking northbound on Collins, just north of 12th Street.The Kent Hotel is circled:Eingefügtes BildThe second clip of her walk (when she approaches her apartment, starting at 9:22) confuses me. I can't match up any buildings on Bird's Eye View.=============================================Posted: 31 May 2007 at 3:25pm by MATT5I notice towards the end of the ep they are in the alleys behind Ocean Drive. The shooting scene was obviously filmed in the rear of one of the Ocean Dr Hotels. ( I believe around The Park Central area). 1200 Ocean Dr appears to be posing as the Metro Dade Parole Dept here also ( as you can see The Tides next door) The C&T coffee scene is obviously again an Ocean Dr Hotel/cafe but which one? =============================================Posted: 31 May 2007 at 5:44pm by airtommyI'm going to give those scenes a shot tonight. The coffee scene seemed very familiar, but that might just be because the Ocean Dr places all look alike. =============================================Posted: 31 May 2007 at 6:14pm by MATT5Exactly. There's only a number of places it could have been . Not The Carlyle, Not The Cardozo however =============================================Posted: 01 June 2007 at 1:39am by airtommy Beaks' ApartmentConveniently enough, the parolee Beaks was staying next door to the parole office. The Tides Hotel1220 Ocean DriveMiami BeachWhite arrows:--- Crockett & Tubbs drive up--- Crockett jumps from windowEingefügtes BildWhen C&T drive up at 41:34, they are turning left from eastbound 12th St onto northbound Ocean Ct. All the buildings on the left of the screen match up perfectly with the satellite pic. The backside of The Tides has changed quite a bit in the meantime. But when Crockett jumps down at 42:44, the blue roof on his left is still there today.The exact spot of the final shootout can only be scoped out in person. The main clue is around 41:58 when you can see that the hitman is stationed right next to the building with a red Spanish tile roof. =============================================Posted: 01 June 2007 at 1:39pm by SOFLAJEREMYgoing to try to watch/study this weekend and see if I can add any insight=============================================Posted: 01 June 2007 at 10:43pm by SOFLAJEREMY

Victim's Apartment .. It's on the NW corner of Euclid Ave & 14th St. 705 14th Street Miami Beach

So she was almost Gina's neighbor only a couple blocks away=============================================Posted: 02 June 2007 at 12:25am by airtommy

So she was almost Gina's neighbor only a couple blocks away

I think Zito was a babe magnet and they all wanted to live near him. :)=============================================Posted: 02 June 2007 at 9:42am by SOFLAJEREMY

I think Zito was a babe magnet and they all wanted to live near him.

Yeah , but he hid it well.

Thanks C&B! You can't find detectives like this at any other MV forum on the Internet.

I remember that when C&T drive to hunchman Hatch´s place (they are using a fake address in this scene) there is a street sign visible (3700 Florida Ave) in the background' date=' which is in Coconut Grove at SW37th Ave. I believe they are heading westbound in this scene (i.e. towards S.Dixie Highway).As they mostly clustered locations I believe there are other locations of this ep near Florida Ave, e.g. Hatch place or the shooting range.[/quote']OK, I watched these driving scenes and your memory is excellent. The first clip is around 37:31. C&T turn left in an intersection. They are going SOUTH on SW 37th Ave and turn EAST on Grand Ave. You have to pause your DVD and go slowly, frame by frame. Here is the intersection on Street View:linkIn the scene, you see this parking lot, as well as the house with overhangs over all of its windows. Then in the last few frames, you see this building entrance:linkThis building has changed, especially the part that's on the corner of Grand & 37th, but it's the same one we see in the scene.Next is the clip where we see the "3700 FLORIDA AV' sign, except they're accidentally reversed the film so the sign reads backwards. Also, you'll notice Crockett is driving on the left side of the street. C&T are driving SOUTH on SW 37th Ave @ Florida Ave. In the scene you see a barber pole, that is now the "Nubian Salon". You can see that Salon and the covered sidewalk (arcade) in this Street View link:linkI always thought we'd never find the victim's school, but now I think it must be near here. Looking at the Art Deco-ish architecture of Hatch's place, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually is/was in South Beach. But it could also be in the Grove near this driving scene.

great job, airtommy! I think we are getting close to the kindergarten location and Hatch´s place. And i wouldn´t be surprised if the shooting range is also nearby.

• 3 years later...

Overall a strange episode with a "The Equalizer" feel with the dramatic horror type synth music . Good locales though - at the end shootout with the hitman behind The Tides on Ocean Courr where the hitman was shot that location with the stairwell is still there . The shot on Collins was shot from next door ( now demolished ) to The Marlin looking North on Collins .:D

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This episode directed by Virgil W.Vogel ( "Cuba Libre" , "Theresa" and "Bad Timing" ) from early 1988 felt like an Equalizer / TJ Hooker episode. Quite daft in places. 

But nice locations and to see a bit more of Trudy .

Crockett and Tubbs enjoy a cup of coffee at 1200 Ocean Drive - we see a nice view of the interior of the cafe as the camera pans to our hero's.:done:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7826808,-80.1302447,3a,15y,339.08h,85.11t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1su98f21UXErFb6CWZTuMlBg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Reference the above post-  from a vacation in  2014 I covered a lot of the "Hell Hath No Fury" episode locations. This is at 1200 Ocean Drive with the same view in the episode.:done:

Miami%20Florida%20%202014%20%201%20%2004

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Some of the interior of 1200 Ocean Drive, we see in this episode as the camera pans to Crockett and Tubbs having a coffee. From 2017.:hippie:

A94BB9B2-4EBE-4438-9AD0-C46CED8E9ACE.jpeg

69DFEAE6-2267-476F-B2CB-3009FF5E2F97.jpeg

173BA6AD-7409-42CE-A08B-FF5CBDC63055.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Unknown location 1 (HHNF/CC1): the kindergarten

Clues: a bis park with trees and distant high trees in the background which indicates a huge park, a road with traffic that runs through it and passes very close to the kindergarten room behind Ellen (also a public bus is amongst the traffic, thus a real road!), a circle-shaped dead end street stops in a 90 degree angle to this street, two significant buildings with an inner small garden yard with a roof between buildings and an office for the whole compound. The scenes with Tubbs and Carla have been filmed at the same location as the roof clearly matches with the garden scenes earlier in the episode.

At one point, in the background of the playing children there seems to be a park sign with a parking lot next to it and also a circle drive or roundabout.

It really looks like a kindergarten with a big play room, but might also be a community center or a similar institution. The blue walls seem to be decorated just for this episode.

I have no clue yet. No big park has a public road through it and a second one with dead-end. 

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 18.00.34.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 18.02.36.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 18.09.02.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 18.20.44.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 18.21.09.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 18.21.40.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 18.22.33.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 19.48.35.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 19.51.35.png

Edited by Tom

Unknown location 2 (HHNF/CC2): the shooting range

Clues: Small exterior shooting range, two houses close to it, between the two houses is running traffic (seems to be a quite busy road), the background behind the Testarossa leaving shows that next to the area is a big swampy area (looks like Everglades area). So far I haven´t been able to suss it out.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 18.27.33.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 18.29.38.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 18.30.58.png

• Like 1

There were only two outdoor shooting ranges in the county that I knew about and I was a Junior NRA member.  The Trail Glades Rifle Range on US41 past Krome Ave near swampy area and the Metro-Dade range (much smaller) https://www.miamidade.gov/mdpsti/training_facilities_ranges.asp 

My best guess is a small portion of Trail Glades, I remember a small house there and the firing line looks the same type but will have to scan it later.

Edited by miamijimf

vor 21 Minuten schrieb miamijimf:

There were only two outdoor shooting ranges in the county that I knew about and I was a Junior NRA member.  The Trail Glades Rifle Range on US41 past Krome Ave near swampy area and the Metro-Dade range (much smaller) https://www.miamidade.gov/mdpsti/training_facilities_ranges.asp 

My best guess is a small portion of Trail Glades, I remember a small house there and the firing line looks the same type but will have to scan it later.

Thanks, I checked both already before and they are a wash. Much too big. The second is the same police training range that was used in One way ticket. The range we see in the episode is very small, next to residential neighborhood.

I am also stumped with the kindergarten. There are no such big parks with light (pine?) woods that are crossed by a public street and have a big housing complex. I checked for kindergarten, schools and community centers. Any ideas about that?

Edited by Tom

I remember the challenge of this school location when working on my site. Felt is should be found yet could not.  My feelings are either SW Miami or greater Weston area in Broward county.

vor 28 Minuten schrieb C Glide:

I remember the challenge of this school location when working on my site. Felt is should be found yet could not.  My feelings are either SW Miami or greater Weston area in Broward county.

Weston is a good idea! There are a lot of big parks. And in the episode there is a park sign visible at one point in the background. Unfortunately nothing fits, most of these parks have lots of waterways and ponds which is not the case in HHNF.

Also, a public bus is running on the street next to the kindergarten building, which would exclude remote parks. I also found not shooting ranges in that area.

SW Miami I checked. Nothing fits.

Edited by Tom

On 5/23/2020 at 6:59 PM, Tom said:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 18.00.34.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 18.09.02.png

Alexander Montessori School, Old Cutler Rd Campus, 14400 Old Cutler Rd, Miami, FL 33157

grafik.thumb.png.50c6d19b67643c81d85aa47bc70fc37c.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 18.22.33.png

grafik.thumb.png.862e263bb35d7213f3dc306f38f58139.png

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, that looks very good on your picture! But on Google Earth, it looks totally different and does not match. Where did you find these pictures?

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Wow, that looks very good on your picture! But on Google Earth, it looks totally different and does not match. Where did you find these pictures?

https://www.alexandermontessori.com/locations/old-cutler-road-campus

check the virtual tour. OK,  It's not the same corner, but even the font type on the sign is the same.

grafik.png.864db25f9725c8ef72746d97debc7b4b.png

grafik.png.bc0b3e9aa3f7e71c3970525789a177fd.png