Jan Hammer - Sunset

Guest neworder

It came from his cd, and video, BEYOND THE MIND'S EYE. It was a series of short, computer animated scenes with music written and performed by JAN HAMMER.It mas made AFTER Miami Vice aired in 1992.-COOP

It was never "officially" released. It came from a vhs tape showing nasa footage. I was the first person to bring it to the attention of vice fans around the world on hammer.net, the "other" site, and this site. I asked that the music be posted in a way to NOT be copied, I made it clear, but regardless, my wishes were not respected, and it was shared. That is why I will never share any other of my rare unreleased Hammer stuff. That really deeply hurt.Although the poster on youtube could have gotten this recording from the tape and not originally from me, I never found it on itunes, or other music media prior to my posting the info and recording, and 've noticed since I explained where it came from, and put the tune out there, it's poping up more frequently. I have to watch more carefully my stuff, as I don't want everyone to own everything I have. A lot of money, and time in research went into my obtaining stuff.I believe I've been more than generous on sharing things.I have great plans on sharing more of my VICE collectibles from my collection. Wait till you see what's coming! When the time is right, I'll share more photos of my collection. I like to spread it out a bit as to not show everything all at once.Great suprises await you! -COOP

Guest neworder
I have to watch more carefully my stuff' date=' as I don't want everyone to own everything I have. A lot of money, and time in research went into my obtaining stuff.I believe I've been more than generous on sharing things.[/quote']Indeed you have COOP, but that's the problem with the Internet, someone is always out to copy or pirate something. I think that this issue may be part of the reason some of Tim Truman's stuff hasn't been released. I remember him saying all those years ago on .org that he didn't want any of it copying and that he was trusted everyone with the cues but have a look on youtube now and his cues are all over the place!It's weird why people are always pirating stuff, it's not like they are profiting from it, suppose it's some people's way of getting at the system and breaking the rules to be cool.

Indeed you have COOP' date=' but that's the problem with the Internet, someone is always out to copy or pirate something. I think that this issue may be part of the reason some of Tim Truman's stuff hasn't been released. I remember him saying all those years ago on .org that he didn't want any of it copying and that he was trusted everyone with the cues but have a look on youtube now and his cues are all over the place!It's weird why people are always pirating stuff, it's not like they are profiting from it, suppose it's some people's way of getting at the system and breaking the rules to be cool.[/quote']That could be partially the case, but in many cases, someone just wants to share something with a friend that they know would like it. They don't mean any harm, they just want something that is just not available other ways.However, once that happens just once, the person who got a copy will give it to someone, and that person will give it to someone, and that person will give it to someone, at which point a person down the line is so far removed from the original owner of the recording, that they don't care if they post it on the internet. Your now priceless, rare recording is a common recording, and you can't use it for bargening to trade with another collector for another rare recording....cause he already got it indirectly from you!

• Administrators

I first came across "Trudy's Theme" and a few other unreleased cues from the NASA video several years ago on a now defunct file sharing site called Audiogalaxy. Coop I understand your feelings but I always thought that music was meant to be heard and enjoyed, not hidden away. I believe Jan himself once stated that he didn't care if his music was copied or shared as long as it was enjoyed by his fans. If you want to place blame somewhere, place it on the corporate big wigs who won't allow this music to be released.

The problem is not that fans copy the stuff (this happens just because record companies and right owners are too d... to sell it over internet portals), but that they gloat over it, as happened with Tim Truman´s scores on myspace, for example.Thanks to such short-minded blowhards we have a big bag of nothing as Crockett would have said. There is no further commercial release and, additionally, musicians who trusted in the brains of fans to keep this unofficial releases below the radar of right owners are p..... off too when being exposed like that.

I first came across "Trudy's Theme" and a few other unreleased cues from the NASA video several years ago on a now defunct file sharing site called Audiogalaxy. Coop I understand your feelings but I always thought that music was meant to be heard and enjoyed' date=' not hidden away. I believe Jan himself once stated that he didn't care if his music was copied or shared as long as it was enjoyed by his fans. If you want to place blame somewhere, place it on the corporate big wigs who won't allow this music to be released.[/quote']I think you missed the point.I think it's great Jan's music is out there, and I think it should be too. But there are exceptions, like when it comes to a personal collection. As I said, the person who got a copy will at some point share it with someone, and that person will give it to someone, and that person will give it to someone, at which point a person down the line is so far removed from the original owner of the recording, that they don't care if they post it on the internet. Your now priceless, rare recording is a common recording, and you can't use it for bargening to trade with another collector for another rare recording....cause he already got it indirectly from you! I rely heavily on trades, and when a very small, and specific fanbase of an artist like JAN HAMMER has recordings they don't have, I have found that they want to trade for a rare recording that they don't have. They won't sell it outright. The only way for me to get more rare recordings is to trade. That's how I got several recordings. Unless they are made available by record companies for wide release, This is what I must do to get them. It makes my collecting job harder. I owned the TRUDY recording for quite some time. Now that others have it, and it's on you tube, who's going to take it in trade from me with some other rare hammer recording? It's how I have this collection.__________________

• Administrators

My bad then, I had no idea that your collection was built this way. I collect comics and I have sold or traded them but that's different, I have a hard copy of something that can't be shared over the internet. Music, on the other hand, in this day and age, is simply impossible to police.

My bad then' date=' I had no idea that your cllection was built this way. I collect comics and I have sold or traded them but that's different, I have a hard copy of something that can't be shared over the internet. Music, on the other hand, in this day and age, is simply impossible to police.[/quote']Choogotitmaing.I remember starting to trade in late 1977 -78 when I started trying to locate every JOHN WILLIAMS recording I could after I fell in love with the score from STAR WARS. There was no internet then, so I put ads in GOLDMINE record magazine, and others. I would trade what Williams records I had for stuff I didn't have. You and I have made a trade before. Recordings are easy to copy, therefore I am protective of what rare recordings I have left.

HiI am a person who has share "Trudy's Theme" on Youtube.I read your comments and see that it aroused big interest.At the beginning I mention that I did not want to offend anyone.I got a song from my friend who download this song from P2P (emule) two years ago.It was a title: "Jan Hammer - Trudy's Theme", so I was convinced that this is an official Jan Hammer's track.I never knew that it was not officially released.If this song belonged to a private collection in what way was on P2P?Music from Miami Vice is very beautiful, and many of the songs are not known.I noticed on Youtube that nowhere has this song, so I wanted to share it with other fans of this music.If this offended anybody, I did it unconsciously, and excuse me.I wanted good. I thought many people would be happy for that reason ...Music should unite people not divide them.Sorry for my English :)

Welcome to this site!You have not offended anyone here. There's nothing wrong with posting music on YOU TUBE.I was actually not talking about you specifically, but was talking about people who had access to my personal collection whom I made it clear it was not for sharing. Regardless, it was shared, and is now in many hands. I even had made sure that when it was posted on a website, it was made clear it would be put on a format that would only let a visitor hear the track, but could not download or copy it. It hurts my chances to use it for trade for other JAN HAMMER recordings if the handful of Hammer fans already own it. The guy who ran the Hammer website has my recordings too. God knows what he's doing with them, and who he is sharing them with. I was talked into sharing these tracks on the website by the fans very much against my better judgement, but did it anyway. I should have listened to myself. I was trying to be a nice guy.I hope you understand that you did NOTHING wrong. We are HUGE JAN HAMMER fans!!Hopefully, you will like our site here, and will stay with us.We like JAN HAMMER fans!:thumbsup:WELCOME MY FRIEND!!-COOP

The only way to maintain total control over Intellectual Property is to not release it. As this is not realistic, you have to accept that some people may do things with it that you don't like. Its unfortunate.Regarding Trudy's theme, Rick Leon did a cover a while back that (to me) sounds better, quality-wise, than the Jan one.

The only way to maintain total control over Intellectual Property is to not release it. As this is not realistic' date=' you have to accept that some people may do things with it that you don't like. Its unfortunate.[/quote']I know. Believe me, I've learned my lesson.

Thanks for the warm welcome Coop.For sure I'll regularly look here in free time.I greet all the fans of Miami Vice and Jan Hammer of course :-)

Thanks for the warm welcome Coop.For sure I'll regularly look here in free time.I greet all the fans of Miami Vice and Jan Hammer of course :-)

Stay with us. You sound like a very nice person! :cheers:JAN HAMMER & MIAMI VICE RULE!!