Wal-Mart deal on seasons one and two

Scot from S.C.

My local Wal-Mart has seasons one and two bundled together on dvd for $19.99 or thereabouts. I can't read the back to see the number of discs to determine if it is like the olds ones because they are back to back in the pacakage. Has anyone bought it, and if so, were the discs the two sided ones that came with the separate season sets? I have all seasons, but if this one has single sided discs, then I am buying them. By the way, I could not find the deal at their online site. Perhaps I am overlooking it?

My Wal-Mart has this too. Don't know about MV, as I really don't need to buy them (I have the complete series box).I did get the last two seasons of Cheers for $20, though.

I bought the season 1/2 set last month. I had previously bought season 1 separately and needed to replace it due to dust damage. (I had bought it in Iraq a few years back)No difference whatsoever. Same sets.

Thanks for the information Sarge. I may still pick it up since I have a couple of discs in my season one that act up at times. :cry:

I was just browsing Amazon to see if they had a similar deal. They don't but I did notice when I searched for MV, that there were two different sets of S1 &2 available for purchase.One was $24.99 and has 12 discs and the other was $27.99 and had only 6 discs AND has been discontinued by the manufacturer. The first one is probably single-sided. It was released this year. The other one was released in 2006.

Best Buy is running the same deal. I hope it's not a phase out...

I'm betting it's not a phase out.They do things like this with cds.Once they make a big enough profit on a cd, or the original pressings sell out at full price, sometimes, they package up a budget price cd, so those who didn't want to pay full price for a cd that was hot a while ago, can now buy it for less money if they still want it.It's all profit for the manufactuer.

I was just browsing Amazon to see if they had a similar deal. They don't but I did notice when I searched for MV' date=' that there were two different sets of S1 &2 available for purchase.One was $24.99 and has 12 discs and the other was $27.99 and had only 6 discs AND has been discontinued by the manufacturer. The first one is probably single-sided. It was released this year. The other one was released in 2006.[/quote']I bet you're right.

I saw them bundled at Best Buy, but wasn't sure what version they were. I came home and looked at my season one set compared to season 3-5. One package is thicker than the other, so i should be able to figure if they are the double sided or single.

It should say somewhere (on the back with the ratings/features) how many discs there are. If there's 3 discs per season, they're double-sided.

It should say somewhere (on the back with the ratings/features) how many discs there are. If there's 3 discs per season' date=' they're double-sided.[/quote']Ohhhhhhhhhhh........I never thought of that. :oGood thinking Frey!

They looked it up on the computer at Best Buy & it said S-1&2 on 12 discs... but there weren't any on the floor although they had 2 sets listed. :cry:

• 1 month later...
You can't read the back to see on the ones in the store because they are packaged together' date=' back to back.[/quote']I noticed that the other day. The Best Buy I went to had them bundled for $19.99 I was tempted, but I bought a couple of seasons of "24" instead.

• 3 weeks later...

I have enough glitches in my season 2 discs, I may get a new set because the set is so cheap.