Asian Cut

miamijimf

Park Central played a major role in this episode. Not just the teaser but Sandy's room was here, the "art Studio" of Tegoro was on the second floor front NE corner, as well as finding Sandy dead on the roof and more. In previous viewings neither the theater nor the doctors house triggered any recognition but this time both jumped out at me an were immediately recognized.

Great that you found both! What about Bayview Motel? I hope that one junped on you as well :-)

Park Central played a major role in this episode. Not just the teaser but Sandy's room was here, the "art Studio" of Tegoro was on the second floor front NE corner, as well as finding Sandy dead on the roof and more. In previous viewings neither the theater nor the doctors house triggered any recognition but this time both jumped out at me an were immediately recognized.

Look forward to seeing this one published !

Great that you found both! What about Bayview Motel? I hope that one junped on you as well :-)

I do have a suspect house for that one but it is only a suspect so far as I can't get a good view of it on GE or Bing. It looks good except for the angle of the road. I will have to keep working on that one. Had a Birthday party all day today for my twins. Now I am exhausted but will relax by trying to finish this ep for my site. I am nearly done so I may publish it tonight if I can see straight.

I do have a suspect house for that one but it is only a suspect so far as I can't get a good view of it on GE or Bing. It looks good except for the angle of the road. I will have to keep working on that one. Had a Birthday party all day today for my twins. Now I am exhausted but will relax by trying to finish this ep for my site. I am nearly done so I may publish it tonight if I can see straight.

I know what you mean. had a birthday party for my daughter today. Let's make the Bayview Motel a team effort in case it's unsure and you need support.

Weird weird episode.  Really neat that you discovered the old South Beach Elementary was used again.

lOVE that they used it again. Interesting to watch The Big Thaw and Asian Cut back to back and compare the footage of the school. Very appreciative of today's technology like Google Earth that facilitated the finding of the doctors house as well as tons of other locations throughout the series.

:D:D:DThe Professor's house reminds me of Castillo's house. It's not exactly the same, but similar.

Now you know why. Castillo's house is seen in the background.

• Like 1

Nice photo.  Is this a location trivia question?

Thanks Jim - no just an updated shot from last Year from this episode  for us  :D  :)

Edited by Matt5

• 1 year later...

At 42:05 there is an unidentified driving clip.   It has that familiar 1700-3000 Biscayne Blvd feel to it.  I studied it on Google Street View and Historic Aerials, but I'm stumped.  Maybe when they finally do the Blu-Ray release we'll be able to read the street sign.  I have brightened the picture up a bunch:

Asian_Cut1.png

Edited by airtommy

• 11 months later...
On 04/04/2016 at 5:22 AM, airtommy said:

At 42:05 there is an unidentified driving clip.   It has that familiar 1700-3000 Biscayne Blvd feel to it.  I studied it on Google Street View and Historic Aerials, but I'm stumped.  Maybe when they finally do the Blu-Ray release we'll be able to read the street sign.  I have brightened the picture up a bunch:

Asian_Cut1.png

After this clip there is an interesting shot of the testarossa on Collins northbound through the 5300 block - was this shot for the episode as I can't recall seeing this before as most of these other shots were shot from 4900 southbound ?

Cant recall this being recycled from another episode 

IMG_3177.PNG

IMG_3178.PNG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

After this clip there is an interesting shot of the testarossa on Collins northbound through the 5300 block - was this shot for the episode as I can't recall seeing this before as most of these other shots were shot from 4900 southbound ?

Cant recall this being recycled from another episode 

IMG_3177.PNG

IMG_3178.PNG

Isn't that from "Shadow in the Dark" and/or "Death and the Lady"?

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Isn't that from "Shadow in the Dark" and/or "Death and the Lady"?

I'll have to check and also with Jeremy's site - that distinctive little square pillar I think may also have been seen during the Bad Attitude montage in "Freefall" as there was one shot on Collins during that montage . They may have recycled this shot from "Asian Cut" . :done::fireworks:

The majority of  shots on Collins were seen southbound usually during the Show's run 

Checked " Shadow In The Dark" and this shot above from "Asian Cut" was not used in the episode . In Shadow Crockett was on Collins Southbound on the northbound section of the road in the 4800 block! :done:

IMG_3181.PNG

• Like 1