DJ's RARE SCREEN WORN RAYBANS!

COOPER&BURNETT

Although it would appear that these glasses are fake, and you are absolutely right to be skeptical (look at all the Daytona's out there that are "one of the actual cars from the show") ...this is the Genuine article.How could that be you may ask?The lenses are faded, tinted rose colored!Yes, they have to be in order for them to be non reflective, and so cameras and crew won't reflect in it. RB mentioned these glasses a while back.The lenses themselves were made by RAY BAN's BAUSCH & LOMB exclusively for the filming of MIAMI VICE.The lenses are known in the movie / tv business as "FLAT LENESES". What's clever about it, is that when your wearing it, and it's close to your face and light doesn't shine thru (like it would be if it were sitting it on a table for example) the lenses appear grey or dark. You don't see the rose color. It's very clever!There were, in fact, 6 pairs made for seasons one and two. When the series MIAMI VICE was made, the clothing budget for the series was about $7,000 per show, and about $20,000 a year for extras (this is in 1984-85 dollars).The major actors needed multiple changes of the same outfits. When they bought a new suit, the bought a minimum of four of them.One to wear, one as a backup, and two for the stunt man. Depending on the scene, they may buy more. They got a better price dealing directly with the manufacturers, because it was easier to buy multiples directly from them.Now for the sunglasses.Some of the 6 pairs made may have been lost due to damage due to stunts, breaking etc. They are somewhat fragile. (I've dropped, and sat on at least two vintage raybans since 1985 breaking them) Film sets are a more volitile enviornment when it comes to breakage.The one at aution was the last true remaining of these specially made glasses just for the series (season one and two due to the tortoise shell frame.).The sunglasses were considered a prop, and not clothes, so it was handled by the propmaster.The business partner of the seller of this item and I have delt directly from the company (they have a brick and mortar store in Florida, and have delt with movie and TV props for over 30 years) several times before, and got it from them. This is the last Vice item they have in inventory, except for some dummy display bottles of Perrier Jouet champagne bottles used throughout the series.)The Propmaster Charlie Sr., who worked on the series, will confirm the history, and authenticity of these very uniqe, special glasses for me. I plan to tap his brain on other vice items and issues when I call him at his home.Ray Ban Wayfarers were were very popular in the 80's, MIAMI VICE made them ICONIC.This was a once in a lifetime opportunity to own these very special glasses, as only three exist anymore.I own the last one in existance.They were costly, but it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.....That, is why ...I bought them.-COOPANOTHER .WS EXCLUSIVE!Eingefügtes Bild

• Like 3

Thank is quite a collector's item. I love your detailed descriptions.Do you use sniping software or just bid manually?
Thanks pal!I will not wear these (obviously' date=' I will try them on!) outside the home.These will be in it's own display case, perhaps with the Propmasters letter, and maybe a small plaque.It will have a place of honor amoung my other MIAMI VICE rare props and collectibles. (still have more things that I haven't shown yet)[img']http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/newest%20photos/COOPER%20AND%20BURNETT/RAYBANS.jpg
  • Like 1

Congrats on your latest MV acquisition:clap:I can't take my eyes off that cool pic of DJ :cool::happy:

He is dreamy, isn't he? :)

if they look good on you' date='then why not :done:[/quote']I look GREAT in them! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

....and everything else MIAMI VICE related.;):)

I'm wearing boat shoes, a white three button henley, my Rolex watch, and a navy blue linen blazer right now (a small weather system has moved in, and it's cool outside, so instead of turning up the heat, I'm wearing the blazer. :tasse_prost:)
  • Like 1

I'm wearing boat shoes' date=' a white three button henley, my Rolex watch, and a navy blue linen blazer right now (a small weather system has moved in, and it's cool outside, so instead of turning up the heat, I'm wearing the blazer. :tasse_prost:)[/quote']take a pic Coop....from the neck down of course.;)See Vice-Girl.... there's something that you don't know....COOP BLEEDS PASTEL!!!!:)

i know i know maria ;)

So....Are you gonna put the pic back up that you used when you first became a member?:confused: I think it looked very nice.OOOOPPSS:eek:....Wrong Thread:rolleyes:.... My BAD!!!!:o SORRY COOPER!!!!:o

no i think im gonna use another one' date='how about you you said you wanna change you hairstyle?i changed mine too:)[/quote']I am....And I will, soon. I think we should move this over to the "Members Photos" thread. I don't wanna take away from the topic of this thread. I already stuck my foot in it by posting onto the wrong thread.:o

I'd take a photo of me wearing them to show you how the lenses look grey when worn, but, as you already know... I choose to remain headless. :)

Thanks for the history on why the lenses were different. I have a set, but I rarely wear them as I'm hard on watches and sunglasses.

Thanks for the history on why the lenses were different. I have a set' date=' but I rarely wear them as I'm hard on watches and sunglasses.[/quote']Better get an extra set of shades, and perhaps a High quality Rolex replica if soemthing happens to the watch you currently have.Go easy on 'em buddy. I wonder if my new glasses have UV protection?Although they are quality lenses, I have no idea if they protect against UV rays. I won't be wearing them anyway.I think it's just a special, funtional prop for filming TV and Movies.