Elvis, The Alligator ~ Where Is He Now?

DJAngel

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I was watching the promos for the new reality series called, "Gator 911". Made me think about Elvis:thumbsup: Does anyone know what happened to that "character" from MV:fireworks:

searched the web a bit but seems nobody knows . it's strange cause seems crocodiles can have a long life duration , 70 average , some reach and pass the 100 years

I read that he was brought to the Everglades....but his daughter was at the 2004 Miami Vice Convention. There were pictures on that forum topic. :thumbsup:

searched the web a bit but seems nobody knows . it's strange cause seems crocodiles can have a long life duration ' date=' 70 average , some reach and pass the 100 years[/quote']Elvis was an alligator as Sonny had to point out several times. Reports on this forum had Elvis trying to escape from the set several times. Maybe he was able to escape one day. I wouldn't of gotten in his way that's for sure.:D

searched the web a bit but seems nobody knows . it's strange cause seems crocodiles can have a long life duration ' date=' 70 average , some reach and pass the 100 years[/quote']ALLIGATORALL-I-GA-TORAs said by Sonny Crockett on the docks when the wildlife cops tries to take Elvis away.

I don't know where he is, but I thought I heard he was in Florida in an Alligator park, or a park of former animal tv / movie / commerical former stars.I'm pretty certain he wasn't released.

Just remember, if you're ever being chased by one of these giant reptiles, alligators have a sharper nose that looks more like the shape of the letter "A", and crocs have a broader snout that I guess looks more like a "C."Then you will be able to tell what you're being chased by.Also, I was told in 4th grade that you're being chased by either, that they can't exactly turn on a dime so it's good to run zig-zags until you can get away.

• Like 1

I don't know where he is' date=' but I thought I heard he was in Florida in an Alligator park, or a park of former animal tv / movie / commerical former stars.I'm pretty certain he wasn't released.[/quote']He might even be in "Mouseville" with "Mr.Jingles"??? :confused:Florida has lots of magical places...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm no expert but a trained alligator owned by a film studio would seem to be in short supply. Only way I can see them getting rid of Elvis is if PETA,etc turned the screws and then one of us would have noticed it in the news.

Just remember' date=' if you're ever being chased by one of these giant reptiles, alligators have a sharper nose that looks more like the shape of the letter "A", and crocs have a broader snout that I guess looks more like a "C."[/quote']You have it backwards. The alligator has the broader snout. And or more reluctant to attack a human. Crocs have the sharp nose, are usually bigger and less discriminating dinners.

I'm no expert but a trained alligator owned by a film studio would seem to be in short supply.

There are no TRAINED alligators. Which is why it is very dangerous to feed them in the wild. They have a brain the size of a walnut, and will begin to associate the human form with a food supply. Elvis was chained down and sometimes not happy about it(as evident by his first appearance in Brother's Keeper) . For most of the time his mouth was taped shut.I know Georgia Department of Natural Resources Rangers who have to deal with them. They are VERY primitive creatures and up close they are VERY scary.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Here's what I've been able to find online...One article from 1985 tells that there were actually 2 alligators used on the show, Elvis and Presley, both owned by George Harwell. It also explains that they were rented out to the producers of the show, but lived at Flamingo Gardens:http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1985-10-02/news/8502110501_1_elvis-lives-alligator-miami-viceNext an article from 1988:http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1988-09-01/features/8802200353_1_elvis-lives-gators-lizardIt tells about his "escape" and that he made $250 an hour.Then that Gator World in Davie (part of Flamingo Gardens) closed around 1990, and Elvis was "evicted" as seen in this article:http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1990-03-13/news/9001290192_1_zoo-animals-elvisThis article from 1992 explains what happened after Gator World closed:http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1992-03-26/news/9201300535_1_animals-hot-tub-alligator..."Harwell did not want to give up his animals when Gator World closed, so he kept the business going, housing the animals at his Davie nursery."Then I found this from just a few days ago, but I'm not sure how accurate it is:http://www.fark.com/comments/7124422/Worried-about-thieves-stealing-your-pot-stash-Easy-solution-invest-in-a-pair-of-guard-alligators"About 1999-2000, at about 9 feet long, Elvis' owner needed him gone. He wound up in our pit where, within a few short months, he was killed by a larger gator. In short, Elvis did not know/understand our alligators' social hierarchy and it cost him. Minus a few mementos, he's mostly buried in the same place."Lastly another article from 2011:from http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2011-07-09/news/fl-cn-gator-0710-20110709_1_pet-alligator-baby-alligator-michael-ruggieriIt states, in part:"...Don Johnson's pet alligator Elvis on "Miami Vice" was from Flamingo Gardens. The original Elvis is buried on the property, but the attraction has a male alligator named Elvis III."

• Like 2

sonny crockett said, all-i-gator:), oh elvis i miss you just as sonny and all the rest from miami vice :cry:[ATTACH=CONFIG]6122[/ATTACH] :happy::thumbsup::cool:

post-93-13892964543436_thumb.jpg

He looked quite a young alligator in 84-85 The alligator used as Elvis in "Stones War" was different to the pilot episode :D

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 5.4.2010 at 10:05 PM, cageyJG said:

Just remember, if you're ever being chased by one of these giant reptiles, alligators have a sharper nose that looks more like the shape of the letter "A", and crocs have a broader snout that I guess looks more like a "C."Then you will be able to tell what you're being chased by.Also, I was told in 4th grade that you're being chased by either, that they can't exactly turn on a dime so it's good to run zig-zags until you can get away.

It's actually the other way around, gators have the 'U' shaped snout and crocs the longer,  'V' shape

• Like 1

I live in Florida and I'm not interested whether it's a croc or gator.....I'm out of there. Florida has mostly alligators. Crocodiles are not native to Fl. :thumbsup:

• Like 1