Epsiode 31 - Bought And Paid For

airtommy

The awesome chase scene between the Daytona and the white Lamborghini:This chase is surprisingly accurate. The locations are almost flawless with respect to the timeline of the chase.They start at the Twins Apartments. I can't find anything with Google. Any of you Miami residents can cruise the area to see if you can find them and take a picture. Shortly after the start of the chase, we see the Lambo going around a corner with a sign saying "Collins Park Hotel". This is at 2000 Park Ave. Miami Beach, on the NW corner of the intersection with 20th St. In this satellite pic, you can see the hotel has a walkway cutting diagonally across a green lawn, going from the streetcorner to the entrance. (Building entrance facing a streetcorner instead of a street is a standard Art Deco feature). Eingefügtes BildNext they go north up Washington Ave, though we don't see this. We see them turning left from Washington onto Dade Blvd. When they cross Alton Road, you can see the Alton Rd. sign if you freeze your DVD. Shortly after Alton, you can see the barrier in the middle of the road. Eingefügtes Bild Then, Dade Blvd. becomes the Venetian Causeway. When it splits into two separate roads for east- and westbound traffic, the Lambo goes on the southern road and the Daytona goes on the northern road. Eingefügtes Bild

Then, the Lambo goes cleanly under the toll gate and the Daytona slightly nicks the toll gate. Shortly thereafter they cross the drawbridge. Toll plaza and drawbridge can be seen here:Eingefügtes BildAt this point, the chase ends with the MacArthur Causeway and downtown Miami visible in the background.The only flaw I can find is that the bust occurs between the toll plaza and the drawbridge, even though they have just crossed the drawbridge. Looking closely, one can see that the footage of them crossing the drawbridge is actually the eastern drawbridge (closer to Miami Beach), the clue being the greenery that is seen just after the drawbridge. The drawbridge they filmed can be seen in this pic between the two tiny islands:Eingefügtes Bild

The Arroyo mansionThis one really has me stumped. It is stated numerous times in the episode that the mansion is on Key Biscayne. Looking at the surroundings, there are trees everywhere. That is very unusual. Looking out on the water, to the right of the mansion in the far distance is a tree-lined coast. The house looks like it is in a large cove. To the left, there is a tree-lined peninsula jutting out directly in front of the house, very close by. This seems very distinctive. Yet, I can find no area like it on Key Biscayne. The only possibility would be at the southern tip of Mashta Dr. Actually, the best candidate is the treed area north of the Harbor Dr./Crandon Blvd. intersection, but I don't see any houses there. I'm thinking this house is actually on mainland Miami, somewhere south of the city.

Posted by: SOFLAJEREMY:

WELL DONE!! I will have to watch it tonight. ================================================I have quite a few google earth locations "snaged" but am out of free web space. The good news is I just bought a web space with plenty of room that should be up soon so I can post more pictures here soon In the interim here is a location for yall the teaser from bought and paid for the wharehouse where the sweet deal went down and the bug van gets stolen has a sign on the building that reads national nutritional coop. The address on the building is 820 nw 21 ter which is just west of nw 8th ave. Happy googling ================================================Why did gina give her keys to odette? they were not needed since ginas door does not lock. Look closely in a couple of scenes they show the side of the open door and neither the door knob latch nor the dead bolt have been installed. the knobs are just decorative so it is clearly a set ================================================Any idea where odette's cottage is? I see the address by the front door is 3516. I think the arroyo mansion is on a key because of the shape of the land the sea wall to the left and it looks like not a peninsula jetting out but an island on the left and another larger island to the right ================================================yall probaby guessed I am closely watching b+pf tonight. Any idea on the night club scene.? Could it be in palm beach? I ask because there is a sign painted on the wall in the back ground that reads thankyou clearlake

Posted by tom71:

I think Odette´s place could be in Little Haiti, but that´s just a guess derived from her origin and the Carribbean look in the scenes.

Odette's place seems like a dangerous place to scout, and it wouldn't be very rewarding anyway since it isn't very pretty and was not prominently displayed. Sharp eyes regarding those locks!

Posted by tom71:

airtommy: I agree that Little Haiti is not the most comforting place to be and the surrounding neighborhoods are not cozy either (Overtown). I remember the crew had strong police support when filming on such locations and the area was usually sealed off.

Odette's place seems like a dangerous place to scout' date=' and it wouldn't be very rewarding anyway since it isn't very pretty and was not prominently displayed. Sharp eyes regarding those locks![/quote']Were you working as a crew member on this episode? :DYou know your stuff!

Posted by H. Wheldon:

The chase seems like it ends on the Venetian. If you freeze the DVD as the chase ends, you can see the Miami Herald building at the end of the causeway.

The chase seems like it ends on the Venetian. If you freeze the DVD as the chase ends' date=' you can see the Miami Herald building at the end of the causeway.[/quote'] Yes, it ends on the Venetian Causeway, with the MacArthur Causeway and the Herald building visible in the background.

Posted by H. Wheldon:

There is no way the night club scene was in Palm Beach. First, there is a difference between Palm Beach and West Palm Beach. I will assume Palm Beach was intended. Second, there are really no night clubs on Palm Beach, nor have there ever been. Third, why would the producers travel over an hour down 95 to film when they have so many night clubs in Miami. Lastly, Palm Beach doen not want any filming done there, and they make it almost impossible to get permission. They are worried about damage to buildings, so you have to pay a huge deposit and are severly limited in where you can shoot. And the celebrity and wealthy residents want their privacy. You don't see any filming there, which is how the residents want it.

Posted by nofretz:

oh i saw that post. thanks airtommy. i thought they were 2 diff. places. i guess gina's not much of a nomad

Posted by H. Wheldon:[indent=1">

There is no way the night club scene was in Palm Beach. First' date=' there is a difference between Palm Beach and West Palm Beach. I will assume Palm Beach was intended. Second, there are really no night clubs on Palm Beach, nor have there ever been. Third, why would the producers travel over an hour down 95 to film when they have so many night clubs in Miami. Lastly, Palm Beach doen not want any filming done there, and they make it almost impossible to get permission. They are worried about damage to buildings, so you have to pay a huge deposit and are severly limited in where you can shoot. And the celebrity and wealthy residents want their privacy. You don't see any filming there, which is how the residents want it. [/indent']

I know who will act as my tour guide when I go down south....

• 2 years later...
For the last month I have been working on my location web site, but it has been mostly doing some editing reviewing, and small corrections (spelling, grammar etc.) making sure the links work properly etc. In general making sure there were not any huge problems and changing the look slightly. Time consuming stuff that needed to be done but not allot that someone else would notice. I had not posted any new episodes for a while but I am happy to say that I just published 4 Miami Vice episodes. 28 Junk Love, 29 Tale Of The Goat, 30, Bushido, and 31 Bought and paid for. I hope you enjoy them and find them usefulhttp://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net

• 1 year later...

For the last month I have been working on my location web site' date=' but it has been mostly doing some editing reviewing, and small corrections (spelling, grammar etc.) making sure the links work properly etc. In general making sure there were not any huge problems and changing the look slightly. Time consuming stuff that needed to be done but not allot that someone else would notice. I had not posted any new episodes for a while but I am happy to say that I just published 4 Miami Vice episodes. 28 Junk Love, 29 Tale Of The Goat, 30, Bushido, and 31 Bought and paid for. I hope you enjoy them and find them useful[/color']http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net

Just watched this episode - some interesting locations .:DI believe the club where S&Z go to get bug van from Izzy was also seen in "Miracle Man":D

Just watched this episode - some interesting locations .:DI believe the club where S&Z go to get bug van from Izzy was also seen in "Miracle Man":D

Sure looks like it.

• 1 year later...
The awesome chase scene between the Daytona and the white Lamborghini:This chase is surprisingly accurate. The locations are almost flawless with respect to the timeline of the chase.They start at the Twins Apartments. I can't find anything with Google. Any of you Miami residents can cruise the area to see if you can find them and take a picture. Shortly after the start of the chase" data-date=" we see the Lambo going around a corner with a sign saying "Collins Park Hotel". This is at 2000 Park Ave. Miami Beach, on the NW corner of the intersection with 20th St. In this satellite pic, you can see the hotel has a walkway cutting diagonally across a green lawn, going from the streetcorner to the entrance. (Building entrance facing a streetcorner instead of a street is a standard Art Deco feature).[IMG">

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f104/airtommy/MV%20satellite/boughtpaid1.jpgNext they go north up Washington Ave, though we don't see this. We see them turning left from Washington onto Dade Blvd. When they cross Alton Road, you can see the Alton Rd. sign if you freeze your DVD. Shortly after Alton, you can see the barrier in the middle of the road.Eingefügtes BildThen, Dade Blvd. becomes the Venetian Causeway. When it splits into two separate roads for east- and westbound traffic, the Lambo goes on the southern road and the Daytona goes on the northern road.Eingefügtes Bild

Some nice shooting locations on Dade Bvld and the Ventian Causeway in this episode which aired 28 years ago yesterday - we didnt see San Marco and some of the Ventetian Islands that much so quite nice :balloon::freeze::dance2::)

• 2 months later...

Suprised and a little disappointed to have discovered "Crackers" at 6685 Eagle Nest Drive ( Izzys scene ) in Miami Lakes has gone - demolished . Even though showing on google maps and bing - went last week  :D

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Administrators

Eingefügtes Bild

Wow. Great photo! It's a shame the timestamp was on. It would've made an awesome background for my computer.

• Like 2