airtommy

Epsiode 31 - Bought And Paid For

Matt5

Wow. Great photo! It's a shame the timestamp was on. It would've made an awesome background for my computer.

Thankyou Sl1de - you could always save it to an image editing site and edit out the bottom of the pic - like on Photobucket  :D

James

I know, I use photoshop, it isn't too hard to remove a timestamp, but it may be noticeable.

Bilders

I see the Herald. Amazing how some scene locations are literally neighbours!

Matt5

I see the Herald. Amazing how some scene locations are literally neighbours!

Indeed quite a few locations there in that area generally . "Miami Squeeze" shot further north on the Venetian Cswy towards the "Heart of Darkness/ "By Hooker, By Crook " apartment  building . The 2006 Miami Vice movie theatrical trailer had a sweeping night shot of the Macarthur Cswy looking towards the Herald but it didnt make the final cut . :D

airtommy

When matching up background buildings, some of the most useful details are windows/doors/balconies.  On rare occasions, a building will still be there today but the windows have changed.

In the opening teaser of "Bought & Paid For", the Vice crew is doing what turns out to be a sugar deal with Izzy.  This clip is from the end of the scene:

Bought1.png

They have since filled in those windows and doors, but if you look really closely on Google Streetview, you can see their outlines.  It's probably more clear in person.

Bought2.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2

Matt5
7 hours ago, airtommy said:

When matching up background buildings, some of the most useful details are windows/doors/balconies.  On rare occasions, a building will still be there today but the windows have changed.

In the opening teaser of "Bought & Paid For", the Vice crew is doing what turns out to be a sugar deal with Izzy.  This clip is from the end of the scene:

Bought1.png

They have since filled in those windows and doors, but if you look really closely on Google Streetview, you can see their outlines.  It's probably more clear in person.

Bought2.png

Very interesting and below Today's view of whole of NW21st Terrace looking to NW10th Ave which we see earlier in the teaser.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7970436,-80.2092868,3a,75y,276.81h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1snp2HUV04VScwmHC8cXDyEA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Matt5
7 hours ago, airtommy said:

Bought1.png

Bought2.png

End of teaser shot location- this location is quite near the river and the University of Miami hospital used in the series at times. This location is quite close to the warehouse scenes shot for "Back in the World " isn't it?! Kind of between those locations and the "Good Collar" school in Allapathah off NW36th Street

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7970019,-80.2105099,3a,75y,262.23h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sN-LfXmnP_PHbwQHOFiQjCg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

airtommy
15 hours ago, Matt5 said:

End of teaser shot location- this location is quite near the river and the University of Miami hospital used in the series at times. This location is quite close to the warehouse scenes shot for "Back in the World " isn't it?! Kind of between those locations and the "Good Collar" school in Allapathah off NW36th Street

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7970019,-80.2105099,3a,75y,262.23h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sN-LfXmnP_PHbwQHOFiQjCg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Yes, and this is VERY close to Hackman's hideout in "Deliver Us From Evil" (NW 20 ST / 13 AVE).

• Like 1

Matt5
11 hours ago, airtommy said:

Yes, and this is VERY close to Hackman's hideout in "Deliver Us From Evil" (NW 20 ST / 13 AVE).

Really that's great didnt know that :dance2: what is the address (exact ) of that location

Matt5
11 hours ago, airtommy said:

That's here - NW20th St/ 13 Ave was also used in "A Bullet for Crockett" during the teaser and the start of the chase scenes.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7950495,-80.212181,455a,20y,262.23h,44.89t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

• Like 1

Matt5

Tubbs was here in teaser of "Bought and Paid For" on NW8th Ave:dance2::D:balloon:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7971691,-80.2090901,3a,75y,136.08h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sDKtTPYBT_EwYVEqCvmiCdg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

This house ( still standing ) Today was seen in the background from Tubbs car on NW21st Terrace ( away from the warehouse)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7970667,-80.2084755,3a,75y,133.91h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s42QP0GPOMV_c58tGzSufAw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Matt5

"Bought and Paid For " teaser on a 2013 visit - 7118 Collins Avenue, North Beach:hippie:

470.JPG

• Like 1

Matt5

Interior ( a market in the fall of 1985):hippie:

471.JPG

• Like 1

Matt5

Nice to see Pink @Pink Flaming0 back here again liking and contributing to the filming locations section :hippie::done:

• Like 1