New Theory - Don Had a Facelift

Richie Rich

OK, then - here is my theory.The old Don, with cheek jowls and sagging skin under the chin. Looking old, in other words:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildAnd now, the new Don, after losing the gray hair and the weight, and apparently he has lost the cheek jowls and the sagging skin, and the double chin - all gone:http://www.picturedesk.com/en/results/images/don-johnson.htmlEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildPhotos taken on March 21, 2010.How did he undergo such a transformation? One obvious change is weight loss. The other change, which would explain the facial transformation, and loss of sagging skin and jowls:Don had a facelift.

Why shouldn´t he do that? Many famous people have had beauty operations. Nobody can tell me that all the actrices have figures like teenager again after they have given birth to two or three children. And if the actrices have the right to have beauty operations, why not the actors?

To be honest, I'm not so absoultely sure about much difference being between "old" and "new" Don's face... "new" pictures are taken from a larger distance, so perhaps we just can't see all aged-related defects as clearly as on the "old" ones. :confused: But maybe Rich is right, and Don really has had a face lift... who knows.

Its hard to be sure...I know the camera angle and the way you tilt your head can make a difference also...just look at my chubby mug in the member's photos.:D

Its hard to be sure...I know the camera angle and the way you tilt your head can make a difference also...just look at my chubby mug in the member's photos.:D

:):):)

• Administrators

If he had a facelift it's a damn good one! The best thing he's done is lose the beard. When he has a beard he looks like Mr. Calderone! :p

Eingefügtes BildWell...this is me....

If he had a facelift it's a damn good one! The best thing he's done is lose the beard. When he has a beard he looks like Mr. Calderone! :p

Good one!:D

I see that this was discussed on another thread. Possible reason for the change in Don's appearance - he is up for a role that would mark his return to the small screen this year. The younger looking guy will have the advantage in getting the job, of course:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3if745772b249372dd820954fd1d19c6e2Don Johnson in talks to star in ABC comedySteve Talley also lands a lead role in 'Southern Discomfort'By Nellie AndreevaMarch 25, 2010, 11:21 PM ET

Don Johnson is in negotiations to topline ABC's comedy pilot "Southern Discomfort."Additionally, Steve Talley has landed a lead role in the project."Discomfort" centers on a tough, hard-core conservative Texan (Johnson) whose life is turned upside down when his grown kids move back in.Talley, repped by Gersh and Lighthouse, will play the eldest son, a slacker who kissed off a baseball scholarship to pursue writing.It marks the return of another veteran series star to the network fold this pilot season. Johnson, who toplined the Eye's long-running "Nash Bridges," joins longtime "Magnum P.I." star Tom Selleck, who has signed as the lead in CBS' untitled Burgess/Green drama pilot.Johnson, repped by Gersh and Untitled, recently appeared in the feature "When in Rome."

I doubt that younger look is of a great importance for THIS particular part - a "conservative father" with grown-up kids... but of course a good shape and good looks can't do any harm to an actor. :)

Once thing is certain, he lost weight.Another thing is certain, he looks great!This could be DON's year!I wonder how he feels knowing he looks like Mr. Calderone?? :)

I don't know if he had a facelift And if he had good for him!He sure lost the weight! I think I am going to put his "before" and "after" picture up as a motivation to lose weight.And I agree with C&B this could be his year.

If he had a facelift I say good for him. He's got the money for it and why not try to look as good as you can. If he's going to be in a new TV Show then he needs to look his best.

I agree, Gary. It´s similar to what I´ve said before. Actrices do it to get better chances for new roles, and actors do it also. If the beauty operation is done in a careful way, I think it´s OK. I dislike if someone, blind as a moll, can see that someone had had such an operation, but the person, nevertheless, denies it.

He sure lost the weight! I think I am going to put his "before" and "after" picture up as a motivation to lose weight.

BEFORE:Eingefügtes BildAFTER:Eingefügtes BildLet the transformation begin. I, personally, will be heading for the gym after leaving the office this evening :hot: . If Don can lose 25 lbs, so can I. I'm fighting mad now.

Let the transformation begin. I' date=' personally, will be heading for the gym after leaving the office this evening :hot: . If Don can lose 25 lbs, so can I. I'm fighting mad now.[/quote']No gym for me but starting with outdoor walking and eating salades and no candy, chocolate or anything else what is fun to eat.Succes at the gym!

Let the transformation begin. I' date=' personally, will be heading for the gym after leaving the office this evening :hot: . If Don can lose 25 lbs, so can I. I'm fighting mad now.[/quote']Good luck! :thumbsup: But don't overwork, it's better done slowly but steadily than vice versa. ;)

I agree' date=' Gary. It´s similar to what I´ve said before. Actrices do it to get better chances for new roles, and actors do it also. If the beauty operation is done in a careful way, I think it´s OK. I dislike if someone, blind as a moll, can see that someone had had such an operation, but the person, nevertheless, denies it.[/quote']This is one of the two things I mostly dislike about doing beauty operations - sometimes it shows... and in this case doesn't look good at all, IMO. Second (or maybe the first, actually) thing is the risk, of course. :eek: But I guess if we can't decide whether Don had or didn't have an operation, looking at his pictures, then everything's ok, in any case. :)

But don't overwork' date=' it's better done slowly but steadily than vice versa. ;)[/quote']I can't do anything just a little bit. I'm too intense - just too Crockett-like in my methods and madnesses.I'll either lose the weight or suffer the consequences. Not making my goal just is not in my book. DJ has set the bar high for us guys in his age range - no backing down now.

HAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAH.....IM LAUGHING OUT LOUD HERE! :):clap::clap::clap:

Once thing is certain' date=' he lost weight.Another thing is certain, he looks great!This could be DON's year! [/quote']I think so too! He looks very great! This is "my" Don Johnson again! :happy:And I hope that this will be Don's year - and that we can see his film and series in Germany!!!! Because there are some films/series we never saw here (Just Legal, Word of honor...)

• 2 weeks later...

He has definately done something - but looks great . :D

... and I guess we now know why he lost the weight and remade himself - to get a role he must have wanted badly. At least the transformation to the "New DJ" paid off:Eingefügtes Bild