• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Lifeguard

• Kavinsky

• aussiefan

Loved those Rolex watches he wore:thumbsup::shout::D

I've only found the one Rolex watch, the gold Day Date with presidential band, that Crockett wore in 1st and 2nd season. Is your use of the plural an indication that there was at least another model worn, or just referring to the fact that TV production necessitates having 2 or more of each prop? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been watching the series in order every Friday night, and just started on the second season last Friday with "Prodigal Son". And noticed the Ebel 1911 Chronograph with wave band was on Sonny's wrist. So it looks like aside from the "Dutch Oven" (an episode shot in the previous season), the wave Ebel is the watch used from "The Prodigal Son" to "Viking Bikers from Hell". Spanning almost all of season 2 and 3.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it was an expensive watch, supposedly like about 15 to 20 G back then as Tubbs reffered to it in The Rising Son of Deathalthough I've heard that among the watch collectors and others than the watches have gone down in value and I know that my local Rolex dealer used to carry them up until about the middle 1990's as there was some sort of change in the management and maybe some sort of shifty deals going about with them. its kind of hard to pin down, but Cooper and Burnett did have a friend who posted photos of his from back then, that is now a 5 G 18 K watch second hand atleast from what I've seen from the ebay ads also here's the close up it in the last episode of S4 I presume, before burnett switched over to the two tone for those two episodes, both in gun and watch form. http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8232&stc=1&d=1376547407and just a badass shot for the hell of it.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8233&stc=1&d=1376547408

post-592-13892965765167_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965765482_thumb.jpg

Nice shot of the Ebel. I saw the pics of the real thing on the other thread. I had a similar watch with multiple faces on it that was British, that I bought in Switzerland while on a college European bus trip. It was two tone with a swivel bezel, but had a brown leather strap. My fake Rolex my uncle gave me before that was two tone with a linked band, but I didn't care much for the links because it would grab at the hairs on my wrist. That's why I went to a leather band. I liked the two tone back then, I tried a fake Rolex in all gold and it just seemed too much. I've been shopping the replica Ebels to put together a 1911 Chronograph by combining the two tone watch with leather band I found, with the correct wave or linked band. But I'm torn between leaving it two toned, or having the remaining stainless steel gold plated to correctly match Crockett's.

ah I gotcha, yeah with me I've been just in general looking into watches in general to see what's considered a good brand and a bad one among the watch community.as well my old watch is just that (made in 1964 for god sakes, its as old as the rolling stones!) and its got a 16 hour power reserve, so it kinda might be time to upgradehence my interest in this too.

ah I gotcha' date=' yeah with me I've been just in general looking into watches in general to see what's considered a good brand and a bad one among the watch community.as well my old watch is just that (made in 1964 for god sakes, its as old as the rolling stones!) and its got a 16 hour power reserve, so it kinda might be time to upgradehence my interest in this too.[/quote']Cooooool! "START ME UP!!!!"

Well one of the guys I've been following is called archyluxury http://www.youtube.com/user/ARCHIELUXURY/videosHe's lewd, rude and crude but his information about watches and watch movements is good and quite usefull, name that of the ETA movement which is kind of like a drop in watch movement, so its not as valuable and sought after, just like the quarts movement. however he likes to yell into the camera in some, well alot of his videos.so just beforewarned about that and he has like 2 other channels, a forerunner called Paul something and the uncut channeland also if you want to see why Quarts isnt that highly regarded he showed the inside of one of them on an upper scale watch he had bought when in dire straights, think it was in the video about the one he wore as a male entertainer or somethingall it was, was a battery and a chip with two circular bits hanging out of it to drive the gears, nothing else.and I've been watching after this place for awhile to see what watches they get in and what styles sort of draw me in and what doesn't. http://www.europeanwatch.com/index.htmand actually more or less cataloging them and checking them out on flickr to see what they look like under natural light and what their real movements are.this was the guy who fixed my watch and got it working after 20 years of being dormant and not really working basically, even after being sent back to the factory twice previouslyhttp://www.watertownwatchandclock.com/the watching being an old Automatic Omega.this one

but it actually shows up sometimes for a couple of hundred bucks at places like my local gunshow, kinda weird to see that happen but it did, on the very day I SKIPPED wearing it and it was a real onebut its because dress watches like it are out of style and everyone seems to want to go for a sports watch or a chronograph nowadays, plus probably the power reserve thing.and it turns out all that was wrong with it is it hadnt been lubricated properly with period oils from the 1960's (the things probably rigged up like a car engine from that time period) and it had some loose parts in it.other than that its been working fine for the past 5 years since then.also additionally if a rolex or omega that was bought in Thailand isnt working right sometimes they actually put the wrong back on it apparently by accident, and the watch will still work but loose time if not wound by the winder by hand.so if you ever have a watch like that where you send it somewhere to be fixed, they say its fine and then it starts loosing time once it comes back it can sometimes be that simple of a fix sometimes.as Archy said it was like a 60 dollar part on a rolex that was giving him grief.

• 1 month later...

Just an Addendum it turns out I was wrong about the ebel there, it seems to be using some movement called the Ebel 107 movement that has now as of late been bought and licensed by Bretlingso Sonny's Ebel is not using the same movement as the Rolex Daytona, my mistake.

• 8 months later...

I was watching "Knock Knock, Who's There" and noticed the when the flex cuffs are being put on Crockett, that he has a linked band instead of the wave band on his Ebel 1911.  I saw a lot of people giving "Everybody's in Show Biz" as the episode that the new band appears.  I watched "Viking Bikers from Hell" next and saw the linked band there too, and went back on the disc to "By Hooker, By Crook" and saw Crockett sporting the linked band there too.  I haven't gone back to the previous disc to see when the wave band last appeared, but it appears that if was a much earlier introduction than I previously thought.

I watched "Red Tape" last night and saw the linked band, and watched "Lend Me an Ear" and the wave band was clearly being worn.  So "Red Tape" looks like the first episode for the linked band on the Ebel 1911.  Since the episodes from "Lend me an Ear" to "Heroes of the Revolution" aired in the same order they were filmed, there's no jumping back and forth between the two watches; unlike the Ferrari Daytona and the Galco 250/260 holster with the 192/262 holster.

I watched "Red Tape" last night and saw the linked band, and watched "Lend Me an Ear" and the wave band was clearly being worn.  So "Red Tape" looks like the first episode for the linked band on the Ebel 1911.  Since the episodes from "Lend me an Ear" to "Heroes of the Revolution" aired in the same order they were filmed, there's no jumping back and forth between the two watches; unlike the Ferrari Daytona and the Galco 250/260 holster with the 192/262 holster.

Really like the Ebel - didnt he ever wear a Rolex?! And how about Tubbs's watches? :D

Really like the Ebel - didnt he ever wear a Rolex?! And how about Tubbs's watches? :D

Yeah, the Rolex replica in season 1.  Then Ebel gave him a 1911 Chronograph in season two that he wore the rest of the series with only the change in bands during season 3.  The Ebel with the linked band has the most episodes worn, with the last few episodes of 3rd season and then all of 4th and 5th season.  The wave band Ebel appearing in season 2 (minus "The Dutch Oven") and the majority of season 3.  

Yeah, the Rolex replica in season 1.  Then Ebel gave him a 1911 Chronograph in season two that he wore the rest of the series with only the change in bands during season 3.  The Ebel with the linked band has the most episodes worn, with the last few episodes of 3rd season and then all of 4th and 5th season.  The wave band Ebel appearing in season 2 (minus "The Dutch Oven") and the majority of season 3.  

Thankyou yes I thought a Rolex in Season 1 - but a replica?!  :D

Thankyou yes I thought a Rolex in Season 1 - but a replica?!  :D

Yeah replica Ferrari and replica Rolex.  Only the Bren Ten was real (well real .45 blank adapted).  After the success of first season, Ebel did a product placement by supply the production with watches to be worn on screen.  I've not seen a breakdown on Tubb's watches.  I've done extensive research on Crockett's props but I've never looked into Tubbs' accessories.

@Lifeguard

Could you write exact model of Crockett's Ebel watch from Season 2 ? Thank You!

Edited by Crockettt

Ebel 1911 Chronograph.  Gold with the white face and wave band.  Same watch starting in 3rd season thru the end of 5th season, only with the linked band.

• 3 years later...

I wanted to avoid creating a new topic, but I'd like to find ideas of MV/80's inspired watches. I'm thinking of Casio very flat square models, but it seems they're mostly designed for ladies.

I'm lot looking for vintage matches, but current collections. Any suggestion ? :)

• 1 year later...

I recall reading back then that DJ wanted to wear the Rolex off set and was flatly denied by MM

Maybe this happened when he wouldn't re sign?

Any one wiser on this?