Crocketts shoulder holster

aussiefan

Sonny's Should Holster used for the majority of the series was made by Galco. Currently Galco doesn't offer it although with the anticipated release of new Bren Tens Pistols this year that may change. Ted Blocker still offers the shoulder holster Sonny wore at first and I'll try to provide a link. DJ found it uncomfortable and from scenes in the early episodes I can see why.Here's a link to the Ted Blocker: http://www.tedblockerholsters.com/product.cfm?pi=5D33EE21-B65D-3BC4-05822228CA89164F

• Administrators

I believe Ted can make a holster for any pistol. He made one for my S&W 645 and I know he didn't just have it laying around in the back of the shop somewhere.When you go to order you have to tell him the make, mod, and barrel length.HTH.

Thanks for the link and the help. You're right, the one I was looking for was the one he had for the majority of the series, not the first one.Ted Blocker does offer a set up almost the same as the one I was after, and appears to make to order.Thanks again fellow vicers.:cheers:

There are going to be 1200 Brens made this year and I predict that many next year. I'm amazed when I go to the range how many people want to look at my Bren and shoot it so I do think they'll be a market for it. It won't be with LE due to the weight of the Bren, but firearm enthusiasts will want one. I bet Galco will offer their Miami Classic and Jackass Shoulder Holsters for it again.

I should go out and buy a lottery ticket. I was on the Bren Ten Forum today and found this posting from yesterday:http://nordicg3kscommunity.yuku.com/topic/1831It looks like Galco will be making the Miami Classic for the Bren Ten after all. It will be expensive, but I do find the Miami Classic to be the most comfortable of all the production shoulder holsters I have tried. If the Bren takes off I would look for Galco to make it a regular production item as well as offer other holsters for the Bren.

Thanks again Garry. Have emailed them and waiting on reply.Was only refered to this site in the last few weeks, by ferrariman. Great to have finally found a site of very dedicated and helpful Vice Fans.:cheers: To my fellow vice fans. A bourbon of course.

• 3 weeks later...
I should go out and buy a lottery ticket. I was on the Bren Ten Forum today and found this posting from yesterday:http://nordicg3kscommunity.yuku.com/topic/1831It looks like Galco will be making the Miami Classic for the Bren Ten after all. It will be expensive' date=' but I do find the Miami Classic to be the most comfortable of all the production shoulder holsters I have tried. If the Bren takes off I would look for Galco to make it a regular production item as well as offer other holsters for the Bren.[/quote']I'm new to the forum, and am looking around for info on the guns and holsters. Based on the info I have, the Miami Classic, as it exists today, was never made for the Bren Ten. The current MC doesn't look much like the Miami Vice version, anyway. The current Jackass doesn't look like the Miami Vice Jackass either, so the only authentic-looking holster is the Blocker Lifeline. Sonny's Lifeline was modified with the "butterfly" that joins the straps in the back worn upside down. I suspect they just rigged the straps backwards, but as noted above, it doesn't look very comfortable, nor does it lie flat. I can see why Don Johnson wasn't happy with it. I have a current Jackass, and find it to be a good holster of its type - better than the current Miami Classic - but I'd rather have an authentic Lifeline for the Bren Ten I hope to get this Summer, than a "never was" Galco.

It did exist, but doesn't anymore. I have one of the few before Galco realized there was a problem with magazines for the pistols.Eingefügtes Bild

Pardon the ignorance' date=' just curious, but do you guys walk around with guns?[/quote']I do. And drive around with them. Never swimming, though.

Hmmm I might actually have this shoulder rig. It's Galco and it's the same colour. I'll have to take photos this week.

• Administrators
Pardon the ignorance' date=' just curious, but do you guys walk around with guns?[/quote']In America, most but not all the states will issue a citizen a "concealed weapons permit" to carry a weapon or firearm. The citizen can't be a criminal (IE felon) and has to take a class on the laws and use of a firearm. There are of course places that you can not carry. All states differ slightly but for the most part bars, police stations, fed buildings, schools, polling places are off limits to carry in. Also a majority of the states have reciprocity with each other. This means for me with a Florida permit I can carry in approximately 30 (forget the exact #) other states.

Holster preferenceHey gang, can you help me with shoulder holster selection? I haven't had one of my own before, but intend to get one. My preferred dealer only has horizontal draw, and I was hoping for one with a vertical draw. I feel like I'll always be worried about the pistol falling out. Does anyone here like horizontal draw?

I like the horizontal draw, as it allows a more natural "firing grip" on the gun than do vertical shoulder holsters. I have a couple of older G.I. shoulder holsters, M3 and M7, and one of the restyled Jackass rigs from Galco, and while the military rigs are secure and comfortable, they're more for transporting the gun, than for facilitating a fast draw. The Jackass is fairly comfortable, and presents the gun to the hand properly. I'm not a fan of thumb breaks, and would prefer the Alessi pull-through snap, which is secure, but releases the gun with just a tug. If you really don't like horizontal, there are still vertical rigs on the market.

• Like 1

• Administrators
Hey gang' date=' can you help me with shoulder holster selection? I haven't had one of my own before, but intend to get one. My preferred dealer only has horizontal draw, and I was hoping for one with a vertical draw. I feel like I'll always be worried about the pistol falling out. Does anyone here like horizontal draw?[/quote']Yep. I like the horizontal draw as it is a more natural position to draw from. And yes I too always have a fear the damn thing will fall out at the worst time. One being during a traffic stop with a trigger happy cop! :D

Thanks guys, I also wanted something that wouldn't be impossible to take out jogging. I'll ask to try on one of both, might have to special order something. I'm also not going to bother with buying leather at this point, adds like 50 bucks onto the price tag, when nylon looks fine to me.

• Administrators
Thanks guys' date=' I also wanted something that wouldn't be impossible to take out jogging. I'll ask to try on one of both, might have to special order something. I'm also not going to bother with buying leather at this point, adds like 50 bucks onto the price tag, when nylon looks fine to me.[/quote']I personally am NOT a fan of nylon. Leather, although more expensive, is usually always form fitted to the gun in which it is designed to carry. The "precision fit" of leather vs "generic fit" of nylon makes for a more secure holster and retention of the weapon.I have a few nylon ones and quite frankly never use them and would never buy another one especially if your talking about a horizontal shoulder holster.Don't go by "looks" or price. Go by fit of the weapon and fit of the holster on you as well as comfort.Also, if this is intended to be used for self defense, which it would be if your carrying a gun, then make sure you have a holster you can depend on when your life depends on it!As with most things in life, buy a good one one time and keep it for life.Just my two cents worth here.

How restrictive are your handgun / weapon laws 'down under'....I thought its pretty tough to get any new or import versions of any 'hi-cap' version of anything......toters beware...ha

• 2 years later...

i was going ot buy a new Galco Miami Classic or Miami Classic II but wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the money for the amount of time that I would actually use it compared to my inside-the-waist holster. I carry a full size 1911 .45 every day. So anyway, I kept looking at the Galco Miami rigs on Ebay. I then stumbled across a knock off of sorts on the Galco design for abut half price brand new. I finally stepped up and bought it and have been very happy with it. Comes in tan or black nad has either vertical or horizontal double magazine holders on the off-side. Fits my 1911 like a dream and with a nice blazer or my suit it barely prints if at all. I love the thing. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-Horizontal-Shoulder-Holster-for-1911-P2-/110899903496?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d2263c08Eingefügtes BildOnce I got it adjusted, it fit well. Leather is stiff and the retention snap button is firm. I am NOT concerned about my .45 falling out. Come late fall and all the way through early spring I will wear it more and more. A little tougher during the summer although Indiana does have an open carry law. People dont want to be looking down your muzzle when they are standing behind you in the check out line at the store. I almost never open-carry although I carry every single day. Anyway...thought this moight help for those wanting to try a nice leather shoulder holster but dont want to spend the $150 for the Galco just yet. GONZO!!!

The shoulder holster Sonny wore wasn't the Miami Classic as many assume. Sonny wore the Galco Jackass Shoulder Holster where the harness is attached below the muzzle instead of on top near the front sight. The Jackass is more concealable as it pulls the holster in tighter to the body and doesn't tend to swing back and forth as much.

Gary...true enough but the original Jackass is no more...the next version is the Miami CLassic...AND...if you look at some of the very last episodes you will catch glimpses of the Classic II (the minimial holster with the butterfly wings as we sometimes call them). Why the change? Who knows. It was so apparent that it caught my eye and I thought it really odd that they changed the holster.GONZO!!!