Crocketts shoulder holster

aussiefan

I dont know but it shows what looks like a still from the streets of New York From the first episode of S2http://nordicg3k.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sf86_pg4.jpgas that doesn't look like a Miami street to me, also additionally look at the photo of the 645 there, its got a black bead on it and the article also identifies tubs gun as a Model 49and this looks to be the rifle from sons and lovers sans the Laser sight it had, which was also used in Bushido by Sledgehammer himself.http://nordicg3k.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sf86_pg3.jpgplus what it says hereIn the October 1986 issue of Soldier Of Fortune is the article "Hollywood Heat In Miami," written by the SOF staff. Though the picture on the cover shows Don Johnson firing what is obviously a Bren Ten, the article only briefly mentions the gunhttp://www.bren-ten.com/website/id5.htmlwhich makes me think it would have to been written up during S2 and maybe they held back on publishing it because of them getting word of a new gun entering the fray.plus they only used that jacket for that photoshoot, which Cooper and Burnett actually has, hence why I know that, and why would they not mention the gun and one shot jacket if its obviously so prominently shown on the front page?also if you want another anachronism take a look at his watchhttp://nordicg3k.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/soldier-fortune_oct86_fs.jpgthat's the post hitlist S1 replica rolex watchHell it says the new guns of miami vice on the cover, so maybe they held it back to rewrite it about the new 645 for S3, in which I think they actually talked to Jeff Cooper about it and what he thought of the new gun.

Yeah, I've seen the pics in that jacket a lot:http://nordicg3k.tripod.com//sitebui...e_oct86_fs.jpgThe Bren Ten, the Rolex, and the badge on the neck lanyard all scream 1st season to me. In second season, they all seem to have adopted a badge wallet that is folded over and tucked in a pocket or waistband. Yeah, the shot of Phillip Michael Thomas being prepped looks more NY than Miami. I just noticed that I was calling "Mirror Image", "Mirror Mirror." DAMN YOU KAVINSKY AND YOUR STAR TREK TANGENT!!!!! You got me referencing Star Trek episodes now.

well its close enough and they do have alot of similarities, but atleast it wasnt Crockett who grew the beard this time lolbut actually from the production notes of the race car episode from S2, it sounded like they worked on it and may have filmed some of it in S1, only to scrap it for a reshoot once the car was upgraded for S2 (the engine seems to be sporting more than I thought initially) so maybe this Soldier Of Fortune thing just like that one happened over the course of 2 years?like maybe they started doing preliminary research and photography around the End of S1, which is where that shot came from once the show blew up and the fashion budget was boosted to a 100K for S2, as that was said in one of the extras of either S1 or S2, the fashion of Miami Vice. and maybe they played around with going for the Pilot and Glades look again and then decided against it and then took the other shots over the course of Early to mid S2Also I cant help but think that big shot with Tubbs and Crockett looks like it belongs in Yankee Dollar, either that or Dutch Oven as that is one of the few episodes where he uses the Detonics combat master and I do remember him wearing a white jacket in it too and it was a S2 episode Filmed at the end of S1 ontop of that.hell the shot of Trudy and Gina there looks like it could be out of out where the busses dont run as I remember her packing that thing when they bust the Drug Plane and the background wall does look like it belongs to stilts ville from that sceneSo maybe that's what happened and it was supposed to come out late S2, only for them to postpone it once they heard the news about the switch from the 10mm to the .45, and maybe to throw them a bone they allowed them to photograph the actual gun just as S3 started?I mean that gun in that shot, the 645 does have the black bead on it which seem to be as rare as hen's teeth, as through all of the photographs I've collected of 645's none of them had that, except his.

Watched "Junk Love" and "One Way Ticket" last night. Both episodes Crockett was wearing a Galco harness in a dark tan, and had the Ted Blocker Lifeline mag case. I couldn't find a scene where we saw the holster in "Junk Love", but the holster in "One Way Ticket" is definitely a Galco "Jackass-style" with the Bren Ten in the same color as the harness. 15 more episodes over 8 Friday nights to go. I'll have to see when the Galco mag case appears again (he had one in "Bought and Paid For" but it disappeared after that), and when they go to a darker holster.

hmm also I noticed something odd about the SOF article, the bead on the S and W 645 is white in one of the shots, then black in anotherEingefügtes BildSo I dont know, maybe like a dan wesson revolvers back in then, like on the V15 I have, the front bead was considered interchangeable? and they just never made it known or gave you spares to switch it out for whatever color you like?as there was NO mention of this in the box, in the manual and everything else that came with the 645, as I more or less save for a knock on the front sight and some slight slide marks on it, picked it up basically new as it seems like it was shot once and put away with all the paperwork.as it had all the old original storage grease all over the inside that had turned green from probably sitting for 25 years. which was made in the same time period as his, given it has the early gloss square bushings grips on it that were on it in the show.

post-592-13892965777744_thumb.jpg

I just got the last component of my Jackass shoulder holster created from modern Galco components. I got the J202H holster component as the most likely to fit a S&W 645 or 4506, which if it doesn't work when I finally procure one or the other S&W then I will try a custom order from Galco.Here's a comparison with a vintage "lg frame auto" holster and the new Jackass component J202H:[ATTACH=CONFIG]8272[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8271[/ATTACH]Some of the key differences is the lack of stitching as everything is riveted. Instead of the stitching around the trigger guard, the bottom snap is actually an adjustment screw to tighten or loosen the fit, which I suppose makes the holster more practical to fit a wider variety of handguns. It's a little less fitted too, which I guess makes it more universal. The swivel connectors also have the sliders attached in a fixed position instead of a separate piece. And the swivel under the connector is attached to double thick leather while the vintage one is only attached to a single thickness of leather from the back of the holster.And here's a few pics of S&W havana brown rig from 4th and 5th season:[ATTACH=CONFIG]8273[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8274[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8275[/ATTACH]BTW, I only got through "Tale of the Goat" last night before falling asleep. But I did see that Crockett was still sporting the Jackass harness and holster with Lifeline mag case.

post-11618-13892965784729_thumb.jpg

post-11618-13892965785216_thumb.jpg

post-11618-13892965785918_thumb.jpg

post-11618-13892965786238_thumb.jpg

post-11618-13892965786555_thumb.jpg

8272[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8271[/ATTACH]Some of the key differences is the lack of stitching as everything is riveted. Instead of the stitching around the trigger guard, the bottom snap is actually an adjustment screw to tighten or loosen the fit, which I suppose makes the holster more practical to fit a wider variety of handguns. It's a little less fitted too, which I guess makes it more universal. The swivel connectors also have the sliders attached in a fixed position instead of a separate piece. And the swivel under the connector is attached to double thick leather while the vintage one is only attached to a single thickness of leather from the back of the holster.And here's a few pics of S&W havana brown rig from 4th and 5th season:[ATTACH=CONFIG]8273[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8274[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8275[/ATTACH]BTW, I only got through "Tale of the Goat" last night before falling asleep. But I did see that Crockett was still sporting the Jackass harness and holster with Lifeline mag case.

I didnt know he was sporting that harness and holster in that episode so interesting . Great article also :thumbsup::cool:

8272[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8271[/ATTACH]Some of the key differences is the lack of stitching as everything is riveted. Instead of the stitching around the trigger guard, the bottom snap is actually an adjustment screw to tighten or loosen the fit, which I suppose makes the holster more practical to fit a wider variety of handguns. It's a little less fitted too, which I guess makes it more universal. The swivel connectors also have the sliders attached in a fixed position instead of a separate piece. And the swivel under the connector is attached to double thick leather while the vintage one is only attached to a single thickness of leather from the back of the holster.And here's a few pics of S&W havana brown rig from 4th and 5th season:[ATTACH=CONFIG]8273[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8274[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8275[/ATTACH]BTW, I only got through "Tale of the Goat" last night before falling asleep. But I did see that Crockett was still sporting the Jackass harness and holster with Lifeline mag case.

If you have trouble fitting it to the gun latter down the line, try linseed oil for it. As that usually softens up the leather and feeds it to prevent decay and molding as it is basically treated skin that has had an acid preservative added to it to make it suitable for holster making.and also hence why you really dont want to leave a gun in a holster for a long time, even stainless steel as it will eventually damage the gun, but that is what the oil for the gun and the holster is probably for and to prevent.as on gunbroker I actually saw a 1006 that had heavy pitting from just sitting in the holster for so long, where the leather met the steel, but outside of that the gun was sadly mint, but it just needed a new slide. and also on that note about the acids in the leather, avoid any leather used by an eskimo as they used to use the acid in the water waste of the human body to actually treat the leather in the north as that's all they had up there, so that is why when it gets wet it really stinks. but it does actually work. as for the holster itself I came across something weird on a watch website I've been using for reference photos here under strapshttp://www.europeanwatch.com/straps.htmsaying that the paneri straps are actually made from horsehyde that is off the back of the horse, and that a kind of horse is actually legitimately called a jackass, something I thought was only ment as a slang term to refer to donkey's FYI that bit about it being a jackass horse is not listed specifically in that, it showed up in the street rodder pro magazine that had the tribute to Norm Grabowski in it, saying he made wood sculptures of that kind horse. so anyways maybe when galco started to get really big they had to switch to a different kind of leather to better suit the needs of mass production. Namely when they changed the name from Jackass to galco and thus the changes to the leather, construction are for this reason and this is why some of the older shooters on the bren ten forums prefered the earlier ones to the newer ones as they were more handfitted and using possibly higher quality leather, I mean you see how much that damn Paneri strip costs. hell it would be interesting to find out how much the original holsters cost back then vs now and do the math inflation wise. and to see if it was a neccisary evil to make the holsters more afordable and versatile for the LEO community and also it would explain the DRASTIC change in the look of the first holsters vs the latter ones when it comes to the color of the leather.

Now that I have a current Galco Miami Classic harness and can look at the color in person, it seems darker than it looks in pics online. In the pics online of vintage Galco holsters, there does seem to be a darker tan which looks like color of the modern harnesses, and a lighter tan that closer resembles the Lifeline holster. So I decided to skip ahead and watch scenes in "Trust Fund Pirates" and "Sons and Lovers" where the Galco holster is visible. Now looking at the earlier season 2 episodes and the end of season episodes side by side, the color of the harness and holster definitely did not change during the season. I also noticed that the mag case in those last episodes is the Lifeline case, there doesn't appear to have been a Galco mag case used for the Bren Ten mags.I have yet to put a season 3 episode next to those season 2 episodes on the same screen to compare whether my assumption that the S&W holster rigs were a darker brown. But looking at this season 5 promo pic and a shot from "One Way Ticket", I think the colors may have been the same for all the Galco holster rigs from Season 2 on:[ATTACH=CONFIG]8295[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8296[/ATTACH]I have a SC73H cuff case in havana brown, which looks darker than the harness in those pics, but isn't as dark as the newer Jackass components which are a much waxier leather. My tan Miami Classic harness is only a smidge lighter in appearance than the harnesses in the pics above. The screen caps online may be coming off darker in indoor scenes than they actually look when viewing the episodes. So I'm changing my recipe for using modern Galco parts to make Crockett shoulder holster:Galco MCH - Miami Classic shoulder harness in tan (season 2 "Junk Love" to Season 5 "Freefall")Galco SCL26 - double magazine case in tan (season 3 "El Viejo" to Season 5 "Freefall")Galco SC72 - right handed standard cuffs case in tan (season 3 "El Viejo" to Season 5 "Freefall")These are all very similar to the vintage parts that Crockett wore. The differences between the modern components and vintage '80s would be the newer one piece attachment swivels, tightening screws on mag case instead of stitching, black screws and snaps instead of silver and brass. The Bren Ten and S&W holsters are the harder parts to get unless you get a vintage holster or order a custom from Galco. The J202H may be the only Jackass style modern holster that may fit them, but I haven't tested that out yet (still saving and looking for a 645 or 4506). Purchasing a Ted Blocker Lifeline for a Bren Ten is also necessary for both the season 1 and early season 2 episodes, and the mag case for the rest of season 2. The only exception is the episode "Bought and Paid For" which starts with the Lifeline, then the office scenes all have the Galco Bren Ten holster but with a wide strap harness and an earlier style Galco mag case that were only used in these scenes, and then changed out in "Junk Love" for the narrow harness and the Lifeline mag case reused.

post-11618-13892965798267_thumb.jpg

post-11618-13892965798688_thumb.jpg

8295[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8296[/ATTACH]I have a SC73H cuff case in havana brown, which looks darker than the harness in those pics, but isn't as dark as the newer Jackass components which are a much waxier leather. My tan Miami Classic harness is only a smidge lighter in appearance than the harnesses in the pics above. The screen caps online may be coming off darker in indoor scenes than they actually look when viewing the episodes. So I'm changing my recipe for using modern Galco parts to make Crockett shoulder holster:Galco MCH - Miami Classic shoulder harness in tan (season 2 "Junk Love" to Season 5 "Freefall")Galco SCL26 - double magazine case in tan (season 3 "El Viejo" to Season 5 "Freefall")Galco SC72 - right handed standard cuffs case in tan (season 3 "El Viejo" to Season 5 "Freefall")These are all very similar to the vintage parts that Crockett wore. The differences between the modern components and vintage '80s would be the newer one piece attachment swivels, tightening screws on mag case instead of stitching, black screws and snaps instead of silver and brass. The Bren Ten and S&W holsters are the harder parts to get unless you get a vintage holster or order a custom from Galco. The J202H may be the only Jackass style modern holster that may fit them, but I haven't tested that out yet (still saving and looking for a 645 or 4506). Purchasing a Ted Blocker Lifeline for a Bren Ten is also necessary for both the season 1 and early season 2 episodes, and the mag case for the rest of season 2. The only exception is the episode "Bought and Paid For" which starts with the Lifeline, then the office scenes all have the Galco Bren Ten holster but with a wide strap harness and an earlier style Galco mag case that were only used in these scenes, and then changed out in "Junk Love" for the narrow harness and the Lifeline mag case reused.

There was a thread on here awhile back about how with the DVD transfer the colors were sometimes slighty changed. As to probably counter the wear on the film that was used for the transfers.and sometimes it would be dramatically so like with the savage or evan here DVDEingefügtes BildBroadcast, repeat on tv using the original recordingEingefügtes Bild so the holster look could have been an effect of that, causing some of the confusion and this makes me glad they didnt replace the normal tv screen caps with the dvd ones. hmph makes me wanna go to a fleamarket and hunt down all of the originals on VHS. Also might I make a suggestion, go for a Gun called the CZ 97 instead, its made in .45 and features probably roughly the same features as the Bren Ten.as its probably as close as you can get to the bren ten without running into trust issues with the gun, and the next gun I'm keeping an eye out is for a Walther P1, see if I can find a good looking one around here for sub 600. mind you the sucker is blocky....http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=363388850so its function over style with the 97, But I need to know I can trust the gunthe alternative would be an EAA but then you might run into some of the same issues if its an abused or rough one

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NPuo4UVTtM

so I would try and buy new and replace the spring with a wolf 22 to 24 pound spring.and this might work as an alternative to the detonics, as that's out of sight price wise as well

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag-UTgToPXE

and if it looks familiar it's because it somewhat isEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildlike its straight out of evan, .45 acp and I believe 6 shots with a built in bevertail and ontop of that reliable. As I had seen one at the range up here, not a hickup. as a caution though you might want to replace the springs if you get one as it is an old gun, and that one is a slightly latter model in the video above, not unlike the one used in heat, but that was a megastar that came in .45 and 10mm. but the one I saw in person was the Evan one, called a star PD, both SA as you can see by the way the trigger is rigged up, with very little travel. as the SA triggers are always attached to the gun at the ends towards the body of the gun, DA's hang in the middle of the trigger guard. and I like this idea instead of something like that baby sig sauer 220 they made that was designed in the same way as the detonics, the model 245. but I need to get a new old faithful first
then worry about undoing that mistake of going with a beretta 85 FS over one just like this http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=362433824and well I bet it would have been a damn sight more trustworthy than the beretta as the trigger spring came loose on takedown, got it put back in after fiddling with it, probably putting some stress fractures in it, by a gunsmith, then the spring snapped during snap cap practice and then I learn those springs are readily avalable from beretta and this was the SECOND one he had break on himpretty much killing my faith in the 85FS, so if you want to go for one, go for the 1980's ones as this one was brand new. and to give you an idea of how much I regret this, this I always think of as my one big regret when it comes to the firearms world.as I let my logic cloud my passion, I went with the 85 over a Detonics and the 232 as I thought hey its got an american mag release, its .380, its got a 1911 like safety without the cocked and locked crapI basically acted like a Liberal when I needed to act like a Republican loland ended up going with the worst choice, I should have gone with either that or the 232, and I still like the stainless 232 to this day, it was just the heel release, a stiff - ish one that worried me about its practicalty and ability in a life or death situation.chances are it probably would have eased up overtime, it was a brand new gun too.still though that should have been my second choice.

Just to review, here's a visual guide to how I think the Crockett shoulder holsters progressed:[ATTACH=CONFIG]8302[/ATTACH]Season 1 Pilot "Brothers Keeper" - Brigs Martin No 5 (?) for Sig Sauer P220/Browning BDA[ATTACH=CONFIG]8303[/ATTACH]Season 1 "Heart of Darkness" to Season 2 "Bought and Paid For" - Ted Blocker Lifeline for Bren Ten (harness worn inside out and upside down)Season 2 "Bought and Paid For" (no picture yet) - Galco Jackass-style holster with wide strap and early style mag case[ATTACH=CONFIG]8304[/ATTACH]Season 2 "Junk Love" to "Sons and Lovers" - Galco Jackass-style for Bren Ten with thin strap and Ted Blocker Lifeline mag case[ATTACH=CONFIG]8305[/ATTACH]Season 3 "El Viejo" to Season 4 "Mirror Image" - Galco Jackass-style for S&W 645 with cuffs case[ATTACH=CONFIG]8306[/ATTACH]Season 5 "Line of Fire" to "Freefall" - Galco Jackass style for S&W 4506/645-TR (which may be the same holster as the previous seasons as a holster that fits a 645 generally fits a 4506, but Glaco says they made a new holster for the new sidearm).

post-11618-13892965800999_thumb.jpg

post-11618-13892965801319_thumb.jpg

post-11618-13892965801563_thumb.jpg

post-11618-13892965801969_thumb.jpg

post-11618-13892965802291_thumb.jpg

Here some visual references for the holsters and magazine cases as well:[ATTACH=CONFIG]8308[/ATTACH]Ted Blocker Lifeline - holster and mag case for Bren Ten[ATTACH=CONFIG]8309[/ATTACH]Galco - holster for Bren Ten (reused Lifeline mag case)[ATTACH=CONFIG]8310[/ATTACH]Galco - holster for S&W 6045 (645 is probably near identical if there is any difference), mag case is an early Galco version that was only seen in one episode in 2nd season "Bought and Paid For" for the Bren Ten[ATTACH=CONFIG]8311[/ATTACH]Galco - modern mag case from the Miami Classic is similar if not the same as the case for the S&W mags (the differences were the brass/silver snaps and rivets on case, the lack of a second set of snaps on flaps, and the one piece attachments)I have been looking around online for some vintage mag cases that are somewhere in between the modern mag case and the fully sewn early mag case above, but I have not found anything. It may be that Galco had adopted the adjustable screws in the center of the case instead of sewing it up the middle at the time the S&W 645 was adopted. And so the modern mag case is a closer match to the vintage one than I thought.

post-11618-13892965829116_thumb.jpg

post-11618-13892965829674_thumb.jpg

post-11618-13892965829818_thumb.jpg

post-11618-13892965830288_thumb.jpg

8311[/ATTACH]Galco - modern mag case from the Miami Classic is similar if not the same as the case for the S&W mags (the differences were the brass/silver snaps and rivets on case, the lack of a second set of snaps on flaps, and the one piece attachments)I have been looking around online for some vintage mag cases that are somewhere in between the modern mag case and the fully sewn early mag case above, but I have not found anything. It may be that Galco had adopted the adjustable screws in the center of the case instead of sewing it up the middle at the time the S&W 645 was adopted. And so the modern mag case is a closer match to the vintage one than I thought.

Very nice collection you have there.:thumbsup:

Wasnt there something about him in S1 refusing to wear the holster? and then galco fitted him with a new one.wouldn't that fall under the purview of the ted blocker one? meaning it was replaced earlier than early S2? unless my information is bad.

Wasnt there something about him in S1 refusing to wear the holster? and then galco fitted him with a new one.wouldn't that fall under the purview of the ted blocker one? meaning it was replaced earlier than early S2? unless my information is bad.

That's what I thought too from what I've read. And he may have been complaining in first season, but in early season 2 episodes he still had the Ted Blocker Lifeline:"Prodigal Son""Whatever Works""Out Where the Buses Don't Run""Buddies""Bought and Paid For" (opening scene only)They started shooting "Prodigal Son" on 19 June 1985, and "Buddies" wrapped on 19 August. During that time, Don Johnson may have been complaining about the Lifeline. But that's also the period that the summer reruns of MV were running and the viewership was taking off, so he may have had the leverage to make some demands as the co-starring role of the show and the production may have been working harder to keep him happy. Perhaps during that 2 month period they were pushing Ted Blocker to supply a better harness, and that's when their calls to Galco's supplier got Galco's attention, who then showed up while "Bought and Paid For" was shooting from 22 August to 3 September. Here's my speculation from there, Galco brought the wider harness and the early style mag case along with a Bren Ten holster to fit DJ, and then he wore that setup for the office scenes of that episode. But they found that Galco did not have a mag case that fit the Bren Ten mag well, so they kept the case from the Lifeline to use the rest of the season. They probably decided that the thicker harness would be less comfortable in the Miami heat than the thinner one, so they used the thicker one on set, and sent for a new one which arrived for use on "Junk Love" which started shooting on 5 September. Apparently the Bren Ten holster worked fine because he had that in every episode from "Bought and Paid For" thru "Sons and Lovers". I'm not sure where Dornaus and Dixon were in their bankruptcy during September 1985, but perhaps they knew the Bren Ten was history and were looking for the replacement, so that's why they didn't bother with the mag case. I just realized too that since they used the Lifeline mag case through season 2, they couldn't use the Galco cuffs case with it. That's probably why it doesn't appear until the S&W 645 in "El Viejo", when they had a Galco mag case.

That's what I thought too from what I've read. And he may have been complaining in first season' date=' but in early season 2 episodes he still had the Ted Blocker Lifeline:"Prodigal Son""Whatever Works""Out Where the Buses Don't Run""Buddies""Bought and Paid For" (opening scene only)They started shooting "Prodigal Son" on 19 June 1985, and "Buddies" wrapped on 19 August. During that time, Don Johnson may have been complaining about the Lifeline. But that's also the period that the summer reruns of MV were running and the viewership was taking off, so he may have had the leverage to make some demands as the co-starring role of the show and the production may have been working harder to keep him happy. Perhaps during that 2 month period they were pushing Ted Blocker to supply a better harness, and that's when their calls to Galco's supplier got Galco's attention, who then showed up while "Bought and Paid For" was shooting from 22 August to 3 September. Here's my speculation from there, Galco brought the wider harness and the early style mag case along with a Bren Ten holster to fit DJ, and then he wore that setup for the office scenes of that episode. But they found that Galco did not have a mag case that fit the Bren Ten mag well, so they kept the case from the Lifeline to use the rest of the season. They probably decided that the thicker harness would be less comfortable in the Miami heat than the thinner one, so they used the thicker one on set, and sent for a new one which arrived for use on "Junk Love" which started shooting on 5 September. Apparently the Bren Ten holster worked fine because he had that in every episode from "Bought and Paid For" thru "Sons and Lovers". I'm not sure where Dornaus and Dixon were in their bankruptcy during September 1985, but perhaps they knew the Bren Ten was history and were looking for the replacement, so that's why they didn't bother with the mag case. I just realized too that since they used the Lifeline mag case through season 2, they couldn't use the Galco cuffs case with it. That's probably why it doesn't appear until the S&W 645 in "El Viejo", when they had a Galco mag case.[/quote']that makes sense and I think the first real indication that the bren ten was going to go out of production is when the Italian mag maker had the magazines seized by the Italian authorities as war materials so some bren's didnt even ship with magazines, hell I think they had vouchers with them in some cases. hmm maybe that means that the shooting scene in one way ticket to hell was another intro scene for the guns like the Devo Scene in heart of darkness was

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_dbZyuG0RU

this time to show off the new holster

that makes sense and I think the first real indication that the bren ten was going to go out of production is when the Italian mag maker had the magazines seized by the Italian authorities as war materials so some bren's didnt even ship with magazines' date=' hell I think they had vouchers with them in some cases. hmm maybe that means that the shooting scene in one way ticket to hell was another intro scene for the guns like the Devo Scene in heart of darkness was this time to show off the new holster[/quote']Yeah, "One Way Ticket" came up right after "Junk Love" where the final Galco Bren Ten setup premiered. But then the network pushed "One Way Ticket" back to after "Yankee Dollar" creating one of the Zito beard errors. So we didn't get to see the the Galco and Bren Ten in action together in full glory in sequence. It also shows off the Ebel 1911 Chronograph well too, and he has the Ray Ban Wayfarers on in some shots. A tour d'force of the Crockett accessories. Even the Detonics and ankle holster make a cameo at the end on the table.We really don't get a good look at the holster in any of these early Galco episodes, except for "Bought and Paid For" which has some nice shots of it. Most of the time we just seem to see the mag case. I guess the right side is DJs preference for shots.I thought I saw a Bren Ten timeline somewhere showing what dates things started to fall apart and the bankruptcy filing. I can't remember where now.

Yeah' date=' "One Way Ticket" came up right after "Junk Love" where the final Galco Bren Ten setup premiered. But then the network pushed "One Way Ticket" back to after "Yankee Dollar" creating one of the Zito beard errors. So we didn't get to see the the Galco and Bren Ten in action together in full glory in sequence. It also shows off the Ebel 1911 Chronograph well too, and he has the Ray Ban Wayfarers on in some shots. A tour d'force of the Crockett accessories. Even the Detonics and ankle holster make a cameo at the end on the table.We really don't get a good look at the holster in any of these early Galco episodes, except for "Bought and Paid For" which has some nice shots of it. Most of the time we just seem to see the mag case. I guess the right side is DJs preference for shots.I thought I saw a Bren Ten timeline somewhere showing what dates things started to fall apart and the bankruptcy filing. I can't remember where now.[/quote']I gotta wonder though if that velcro holster for the detonics is still around, as that seems like a pretty modern design that would have survived the 1980's easily.

I gotta wonder though if that velcro holster for the detonics is still around' date=' as that seems like a pretty modern design that would have survived the 1980's easily.[/quote']Yeah, that one is pretty sketchy. The second season ankle holster seems to be a black synthetic velcro with a hard plastic holster and a calf strap. I don't remember what we see in third season, and to my knowledge the backup gun is absent for 4th season. Then the 5th season 6906 holster seems to be a black synthetic velcro with no calf strap. If it's a Galco product, they have the two modern ankle holsters; the COP soft holster which will fit the Detonics or 6906 but does not have a calf strap available, and the ankle glove with plastic holster which fits the Detonics only and has an optional calf strap. I'm sure the ankle holster was visible in "Prodigal Son" but I don't recall which one it was. I don't remember seeing the ankle holster in the other episodes before "Junk Love", and it's quite possible if Galco provided the shoulder holster they offered DJ an ankle holster too. We definitely see a black synthetic holster on the table in One Way Ticket. If Galco supplied the ankle holster, maybe we see it more in "One Way Ticket", "Trust Fund Pirates" and "Sons and Lovers" as part of an agreement to make it more prominent (it's easy to keep out of sight). Anyone know what ankle holsters Galco had available in the mid '80s?Update: Just decided to go back and check "Prodigal Son". Two good shots of left side of the ankle holster; black, velcro, synthetic and calf strap. I tried to snap some shots of it off my computer and will try to get those up later.

• 2 weeks later...

Do they still make the Bren Tens reproductions? Great thread guys.

Ted Blocker will still make a Lifeline for the Bren Ten, you just specify the firearm when you order. Galco is a much bigger mass production outfit, so they only make holsters for newer handguns. However I have not asked their custom department if they would make a holster component for the Bren Ten or S&W 645/4506 yet. I plan to later on down the line.I'm not sure what Galco mag case was meant for the S&W. The SCL26 is for a single stack 1911 mag, and won't fit the S&W 645 or 4506 with the wide based plate. There's not enough strap to reach the last snap. The SCL28 is made for the double stack .45 mags, but I have one and if you tighten the screws enough it will hold a S&W single stack mag, although it will wiggle front and back. I know the SCL20 won't fit an 8rd S&W mag, but I haven't tried the SCL24. I have seen a Bren Ten holster on ebay which had an SCL22 mag case, so the Bren Ten mag which fit 10 .45 rounds in a single stack (and fit 10mm too, staggered) might have needed that case, but they didn't use it 2nd season (reused the Lifeline mag case with the Galco harness and holster). And it might be the case that is meant to fit the S&W 645/4506 mags.

I picked up an old Galco SCL22 off ebay to see how it fits the 4506 mags, and the strap is still a little short (it is not an early enough version to have the two piece attachment points or silver snaps and rivets). If you stretch it, you can get the snap to secure but the leather is pretty strained. The SCL22 is slightly longer than the SCL26, which is meant for a single stack .45 or 10mm according to the package. So I'm not sure what the SCL22 is meant for. Here's a side by side comparison pic of the JCL28H, SCL26 and SCL22:[ATTACH=CONFIG]n7401[/ATTACH]The JCL28H is bigger yet, and is meant for staggered .45 or 10mm mags, so it is a little roomy for the single stack 4506 mag. But the screws can be snugged up to retain the single stack mag, albeit with some wiggle room to the front and back. I'm assuming the SCL28 is about the same fitting as the JCL28H, and I may pick that up next or try the SCL24 first to see how the fit of that case is.Another difference in my three cases is the colors. The SCL22 I got is a much older version and the tan color of it is much lighter than the newer SCL26 tan color. You can see the MC strap attached to the JCL28H and the color of the new SCL cases matches the straps. This newer tan color is a closer match to the rig Crockett wore in MV. I've seen older Jackass and MIami Classic rigs for sale online, and some are the darker tan while others are the lighter tan. Both colors may have been available during the '80s.edit: upon further comparison of the SCL22 and SCL26, they appear to be more similar than I thought. The SCL22 is a little wider (the grooves for the mag are a little wider too, as they fit the mag width better than the SCL26), and the snaps are farther down the flaps on the SCL22 which gives it the extra reach around the mag. Otherwise they are the same leather pattern and shape. I would expect the SCL24 to be even narrower as it seems to be meant for .40 S&W and 9mm magazines, and given how narrow the SCL26 is that should be far to narrow for the 4506 mag. I already had an eye on a new SCL28 discounted $25, and ordered it to see how it compares to the SCL26 and JCL28H.

I did a pic comparing the two mag cases. The SCL22 on the left has the snaps a tiny bit further down the flap than the SCL26 on the right. I put the magazines in to show the difference in the fit between the two. The SCL26 is formed fairly narrow, almost like it used a form for a 9mm/.40 S&W to set the leather. It fits, but not as glove-like as the older SCL22. Weird.