JOHN DIEHL's DIRECTOR CHAIR! (USED ON SET OF MIAMI VICE)

COOPER&BURNETT

Here is JOHN DIEHL's (LARRY ZITO) canvas seat backing to his director's style chair from the set of MIAMI VICE!This is the very one he used.John, like all the actors, would sit on his own director's chair between takes on MIAMI VICE.This is the one, AND ONLY seat backing for John Diehl. This is the only one in existance.I believe it's from SEASON ONE. Not sure if he was issued a different faunt style in following seasons like DJ or PMT did, but this is the only one in this style that exists in the world.You'll never see another one (unless you visit my MIAMI VICE Museum). Eingefügtes BildANOTHER .WS EXCLUSIVE!

The canvas is dirty, and used. I decided to keep it that way, and not clean it up, as that is the way it was.(After seeing John come out after being covered in sand in BUSHIDO, I can see how it could be a little dirty. :) )

Another reason the chair backing may be dirty...look at all the things he had to go through! :)Eingefügtes Bild

Cool Deihl! (no pun intended)What ep. did he direct? :radar:

He didn't direct any episodes.All the actors had thier own "director" chairs. A "Director's chair" is just the name of the style of the chair, as typically, Directors do use them (as well as the entire cast, guest stars, the Producer etc.)

This is SO COOL Cooper!!!!:thumbsup: I can't believe you managed to get this.:eek: Must have been a mission to get it....but not for you.;)

Well......see.....the thing is, you don't know who I am, or who I know. :o

He didn't direct any episodes.All the actors had thier own "director" chairs. A "Director's chair" is just the name of the style of the chair' date=' as typically, Directors do use them (as well as the entire cast, guest stars, the Producer etc.)[/quote']Here's a photo of a "Director chair" so you can see the chair and where the seat backing would be located.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Coop, do you have a director's chair that you can display with his name backing on it? Or do you display the back in a frame?

I saw Don Johnson's Logo chair backing on Ebay recently. Did anyone pick that up?

Well, if Coop didn't, then he should have (as long as it was authentic). I would rather that he have it than someone who would resell, and send it who knows where.

Well' date=' if Coop didn't, then he should have (as long as it was authentic). I would rather that he have it than someone who would resell, and send it who knows where.[/quote']Yep. That reminds me that I recently acquired the bios from NBC on the cast. If I can figure out how to upload these here I can try that unless someone has already got a copy of these?

Well......see.....the thing is' date=' you don't know who I am, or who I know. :o[/quote']Whoever you are, you did it again, Coop:clap::thumbsup:

Wow, another amazing find! I hope you have a fireproof, earthquake proof, etc. room that you display these items in Coop. Or perhaps you could open up a Miami Vice museum for all of us? Seriously, great find Coop. I would actually insure your collection all kidding aside. Priceless!

Coop' date=' do you have a director's chair that you can display with his name backing on it? Or do you display the back in a frame?[/quote']Good question Tony.At the moment, I don't have either.I DO want to get a director's chair to display it (if I can find the same type of canvas and color of the seat backing to match the seat).I also found a wonderful display case that opens with hinged glass, but the measurements were a little off, so I'd have to tuck one end of the seat backing to make it fit. I may do it still as it would keep it safe, and one could view it.Not sure yet what will be done.

The chair would be the most authentic way to go, but whatever you decide, it will make a great addition to the "Cooper & Burnett, Miami Vice, Museum"! :thumbsup:

The chair would be the most authentic way to go' date=' but whatever you decide, it will make a great addition to the "Cooper & Burnett, Miami Vice, Museum"! :thumbsup:[/quote']I like the chair idea too.I'd prefer it, but it would take up a little space, where the display case wouldn't take up as much.I'd be cool to walk into a room and see it on a chair! :thumbsup: