• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alex2b

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• vice-girl

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of MV fans from Europe( France, England, Netherlands etc.), and the travel cost to Paris may be affordable, for them, so it could work. I'm not sure you'll get a lot of U.S. MV fans to fly to Paris......most want to see the Miami Vice filming locations, while they attend the Convention!Miami Vice besides Crockett & Tubbs, also had cool night spots beautiful beaches, palm trees, pastel houses, etc. If DJ & PMT go you will probably have more interested fans!My big concern is the air fare & hotel accomodations for France, and I wouldn't want to stay 2 nights & leave. In Miami, it's not as cost prohibitive.

Thanks for your message, but yes, I understand that the US fans prefers Miami for sure, but it's more easy for me to organize a convention in Europe. As i said it's not my job, I'm a fan like others I just try with my own ways to do something with fans and actors, if I can.

I understand, Alex, and I applaud your efforts because I also tried to get a convention going, but most fans didn't want to spend a lot of money for the hotel, plus the dinner dance and car rental etc.John Diehl also wanted a guaranteed amount of money for his appearance....all this, plus the poor economy caused the failure of a 25th Anniv. MV Convention.I hope things work better for you.

maybe will be the same thing for me too, but i'll try. you know nobody works for nothing check it outhttp://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/believe me the actors doesn't come for free ! it's normal is the convention rules. We must just "negociate":DAbout John, is a very nice and kind person and pretty easy to talk with him. it's more hard with others actors.if nobody is interested by the con' i drop it, and that's it ! and believe me, i understand you.

sorry if i give you "bad vibes" is not my intention' date=' I know jus that it's difficult to organize a convention, and I Don't Make money with this, it's not my job. i want just to try to do a fun meeting with fans and actors that's it ! I'm a fan since 1992, and I love this show ![/quote']So you are just doing this to be charitable - OK got it.You understand that a statement like that will meet with a lot of skepticism, and is not very believable. How is it that you are able to "offer up" actors to be able to appear at a convention? How will they be paid, and who will pay them? Are you acting in the position of being their agent? This means that you certainly would make money from your fees.

I said that i don't make money with this, i don't said that is free ! I must pay to bring the actors, is a charge, and i want just to try something fun between actors and fans. Of course I need to sell many tickets, i don't know how i could to bring any actors at the Con'. I said it's not my job, it's true, my job is computer teacher, but since many years I don't see MV conventions with actors, sorry to try to do something,but that'll be great a meeting with actors and fans. You have the right,don't believe me but that's true I try to do something for next year, i've already 2 appointments for 2 places nearest Disneyland paris.

Guest neworder

Clue is in the title, Vice 'con'Give us a copy of a signed contract of Diehl being on board and I'll take my comments back.

I said that i don't make money with this' date=' i don't said that is free ! [/quote']Maybe you should reread my post. I made no statements that should have led you to believe that I thought it was free. I'm not that naive.I am concerned about you making "appointments", as you called them. Have you made any promises to fans, or taken any "down payments" ?

Guest neworder
of course' date=' you want too, the number of my credit card ?[/quote']lol what the ??? I just want a scanned image of the contract to get Diehl or something that can confirm he's on board with this 'Vice con' and then yeah I'm sure we'll all be buying tickets to Paris.

I understand why nobody wants doing something, because when I read your comments is amazing, and for your infos I ASKED NOTHING about the money to no one.Now I'm a thief ? right, just because I try to do a Con'!!!

sorry to try to do something' date='but that'll be great a meeting with actors and fans. [/quote']No need to apologize (yet). Just don't offer something that you may not be able to deliver. The comments about offering up your credit card number are juvenile, and only go to show that you may not have the maturity needed to plan an operation of this type. You will need to deal with rude people all the time, and will be insulted frequently, by suppliers, vendors, actors and fans alike. I recommend that you read about some of the experiences of those who participated and managed the last significant MV convention. One late night TV show even sent an actor to ridicule the fans and try to provoke them into a fight with him. Can you deal with all that? I think we already have our answer.Good day, sir.

Guest neworder
I understand why nobody wants doing something' date=' because when I read your comments is amazing, and for your infos I ASKED NOTHING about the money to no one.Now I'm a thief ? right, just because I try to do a Con'!!![/quote']Calm yourself, we just want a bit of evidence, maybe it's a case of what your proposing is too good to be true? But lay us some evidence and then everything will be cool.

• Administrators

Alex, please forgive our skepticism but we've been down this road too many times only to hit a dead end. Many unknown members have joined our site over the years and tried to pass themselves off as Universal representatives, personal friends of Don Johnson, even cameramen ;) and God knows what else so it's only natural for us to be suspicious. Especially when someone promises big things and yet is so secretive. "I know John personally" Ok, great, so who are you?I know from the members who managed to pull off the '04 convention in Miami just how hard it is to organize something like this. They tried, with very little luck I might add, to get stars to attend the convention but it didn't happen. With that in mind, not only do I find it hard to believe that John Diehl & Michael Talbott will actually be there but I find it even more incredible that you can promise a weekend in April that's a year away. For no money.As I said before, excuse me if i'm wrong but I don't think I am. For now the thread will remain open, if for nothing else than the purpose of entertainment.

look, it's true, no money for me, I'm the John Diehl's official webmaster first, and her friend. I don't need to prove anything to anyone. But yes, I would like to do a Convention for fans, and I didn't say is Free ! I don't make money with the con, but yes, I must to sell many tickets to take in charge, the event room, the travel etc...but personally I don't doing this for money I want to be clear on it !I want just to doing a MV con, just for fans, there is so crazy ? You've right, if you won't to believe me, but will be too bad. And i understand that so many times, maybe we lied to you. But it's not my case, really.I was very upset about the last post,never mind.And yes it's incredible but John diehl is my friend !it's my fan website over 3 years now : www.johndiehl.0rg.fr.Sorry to be honest, and to try to do something, everyboby is suspicious, but I can understand !

Guest neworder

Why is it .0rg rather than .org??? I ain't going on that website, the address looks a bit dodgy to me.*** correction I have found it on google now but I'm still not sure about accessing it myself!!!

I happened to go onto a French MV fansite today & it is asking on there who would be interested in being involved in a convention in Miami in the spring of 2011. Maybe you should join forces with them, Alex, if there would be more interest in seeing the actors in Florida rather than Paris? Just a thought.

yes is 0rg(zero).Look if you have better idea for the Con, ok, but Tony said in Miami is not better.Personally i can't to organize this in USA, but if someone wants to do this.

don't go, because everything from me is dodgy, right ? don't worry I asked to delete my account from here, i don't said that for everybody because there are nice persons here, but honestly when you try to please, just to please and I have the "bad feedback" like i had, do you think really that you want continue, not me ! so it's my last post and "Bonne route"

I'm sorry to read your last post, I like your website Alex! I understand the skepticism from other fans, but I also think you deserve a fair chance of letting us know about your plans. I live in Europe and although it would be great to go to Miami, for me it’s financially and practically impossible to make that trip. So a meeting with other fans (and maybe some actors) in Paris (or Berlin) would be great! You must be careful with making promises you may not can keep but at the other hand: us being cynical about every new idea/plan and kill it off immediately, will definitely get us nowhere!

don't go' date=' because everything from me is dodgy, right ? don't worry I asked to delete my account from here, [/quote']I'm quite certain that is the best choice. You revealed very early that you would not be handling this in a responsible manner. Also, be sure to refund any money taken for those "appointments" that you referred to earlier.

Thanks Marylin. It's my goal to do thisfor European Mv fans.But you must torecognize that not many people was nicewith me,but I don't said that I stoppedthe project I continue to work on it, you have my email and I"ll glad to answerto my emails :)

For your info my appointment it for for to choosea place for the event mister and I didn't takemoney to anyone you're very bad