Vice Convention in Paris 2011 - Part 2

Ell.a

• Administrators

With Ferrariman's permission I start a new thread on a hotly debated issue.I'm not a new member, but I have been away for a while. Though the older members will still remember me and my work at .info and .ws and some other Miami Vice sites ... I hope this is enough to proof my veracity ... Otherwise ask Lou, please! :pAll I can say is that I know Alex since she posted on mv.info for the first time. That was about two years ago. She managed my direct contact to John Diehl, I mentioned that before: Go to the regarding thread!. Without her help there wouldn't have been an interview, autographs or a bathrobe auction on .info/.ws. So, believe me, she is SERIOUS, definitely. In fact I'm a little bit involved in the "convention" (in Europe you always use the short form "Con", but this has nothing to do with "con"!), since Alex wants to find the best place available whether in Paris or in Berlin. She made these location choices, because it's the best place for us to organise (she in Paris, me in Berlin). I helped her making contact to the convention places in Berlin (because my German is better than my French :-)) I also spoke to some guys, who organize the FedCon and the Trekworld Netzone events in Germany. They gave us useful hints. First of all was to win the lottery:

You have to pre-finance a lot of things. Mainly out of your own purse. At least you need a five-digit amount (FedCons have a seven-digit amount!)

Secondly they suggested to get a general idea of how many people would like to take part. Only with these facts it is possible to get a financial strategy. Alex has no sponsors and no background money. She's not an agent or an organisation. The number of fans who wants to participate is the only way to find out, whether the idea will work out or not. Alex will have to pay a lot of in advance: The hotel (meeting location), room for the guests, the flight of the guests, the transport from and to the airport, food, specials etc.etc.. This will be an amount of several thousand Euro. And if you know that only 20 or 30 fans will come - idealism or not - then you know you have to drop the whole thing. That was the reason for Alex' first thread. This thread is not about "Miami" or "Not Miami".This thread is not about "Europe" or "US".This thread is only about finding out, how many people would like to participate in a fan meeting in Paris in April 2011. Guests: John Diehl and Michael Talbott (estimated), maybe also others - but I will not mention more names, before we have consents from them ... By the way: DJ will definitely NOT attend. :pI know that there are some guys and gals in Europe and elsewhere who would like to meet MV stars. So please contact Alex via email and give her a glimpse, whether she can realise her idealistic aim. Thank you all for your support. :thumbsup:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alex2b

• COOPER&BURNETT

• vice-girl

• Ell.a

Hi Ell.a.... good to see your post. To all .ws members : Ell.a was the only one who helped me try to organize a 25th Ann. Convention and I respect her opinion of Alex & the fan meeting in Paris.Thank you Ell.a for explaining the whole plan to us! :thumbsup:

This thread is not about "Miami" or "Not Miami".
Despite that' date=' I still think it's worth noting that Art Deco originated in France, and Paris was where it debuted in 1925."The Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Modernes (International Exposition of Modern Industrial and Decorative Arts) was a World's fair held in Paris, France from April to October 1925. The term Art Deco was derived by shortening the words Arts Décoratifs in the title of this exposition."Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Modernesall about Art Deco

Well it would seem a lot of people posting before were hecklers because there's no one posting now. But as said I would go to this if it got organised.I hope the actors would be happy with flight, accomodation and some spending money because I can't see how we can afford paying them 5-6 digit fees unless someone here is prepared to do that.

Fresh Prince, as I mentioned before I'm not interested in going which is why I haven't replied to this post, not for any other reason. I wish success to the organisers though x

Fresh Prince' date=' as I mentioned before I'm not interested in going which is why I haven't replied to this post, not for any other reason. I wish success to the organisers though x[/quote']You know I didn't mean you in particular :) it's just that there was this furore in the other thread.

FP, I did reply in that thread that's why I thought I'd reiterate :) I'd love to have the money to do both MIA & Paris next year but as I have to choose one and there's no snorkelling in the Seine ...Happy weekend everyone x

Thank You for explaining, Ell.a:thumbsup:I can not attend a Con in Paris, but I hope the plan works out for those who want to go:clap:

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

You're all welcome. :flowers::shout:NEWS: The date is definitely fixed now:April 9th and 10th, 2011.One contract is already signed, four others are still expected.More details coming soon.

hey ive already posted in the other thread before,that im definately interested to come,paris would be nice as its not too far away from me,so is there any chance of to know prices for entrance?

hey ive already posted in the other thread before' date='that im definately interested to come,paris would be nice as its not too far away from me,so is there any chance of to know prices for entrance?[/quote']hi Vice-Girl !I just can to tell you for the moment, there will 2 kinds of tickets : VIP Tickets and regular tickets for all week-end !best,Alex

hi Vice-Girl !I just can to tell you for the moment' date=' there will 2 kinds of tickets : VIP Tickets and regular tickets for all week-end !best,Alex[/quote']please keep me informed about both,tickets,will the actors come just one day or two?i have to work on mondaywhats the difference between normal and vip?

FP' date=' I did reply in that thread that's why I thought I'd reiterate :) I'd love to have the money to do both MIA & Paris next year but as I have to choose one and there's no snorkelling in the Seine ...Happy weekend everyone x[/quote']lol:) sorkeling,sadly you cant do that in the seine river,but paris is a beatiful city my ex boyfriend is living there :)

please keep me informed about both' date='tickets,will the actors come just one day or two?i have to work on mondaywhats the difference between normal and vip?[/quote']The actors will be all the week-end, and VIP tickets are limited (5 or 10 only) and the vip tickets give any privileges with the actors ,but be patient, for the moment we doing this step by step. The regular tickets are cheaper of course !The website will be online this summer with infos. ;)BestAlex

The actors will be all the week-end' date=' and VIP tickets are limited (5 or 10 only) and the vip tickets give any privileges with the actors ,but be patient, for the moment we doing this step by step. The regular tickets are cheaper of course !The website will be online this summer with infos. ;)BestAlex[/quote']ok so it means,when you dont have a vip ticket,then you cant meet the actors?im waiting for the site then,is it possible to gettin a vip ticket reserved?at some point.then i would book one

ok so it means' date='when you dont have a vip ticket,then you cant meet the actors?im waiting for the site then,is it possible to gettin a vip ticket reserved?at some point.then i would book one[/quote']no at all, regular tickets could to talk with the actors of course, during talks especially, but VIP tickets will get MORE contacts with them.Sorry Vice-girl but no reservation, you'll can get your vip ticket only on the website.thanksAlex

no at all' date=' regular tickets could to talk with the actors of course, during talks especially, but VIP tickets will get MORE contacts with them.Sorry Vice-girl but no reservation, you'll can get your vip ticket only on the website.thanksAlex[/quote']ok when will it be up.hm the chance to get some pics with them would be small then?in july its bad that i could check online,couse im in sweden the first week,then the rest of the month in france,think everyone should wait till the site which give us more information

ok when will it be up.hm the chance to get some pics with them would be small then?in july its bad that i could check online' date='couse im in sweden the first week,then the rest of the month in france,think everyone should wait till the site which give us more information[/quote']there will are 2 photos sessions, 2 autographs sessions during the week-end, and the website will be online not before around on july 20th, i guess ! i'm working on it.

• Administrators
:shout:NEWS: The second contract is signed. It's a girl :-)Now there are already two MV actors who will definitely participate.More news coming soon.