Southern Discomfort DJ tickets

CarolineUK

Although I have put this info on the end of another thread, I am worried that DJ fans who would like to see him recording the pilot for his new sitcom might miss out. Filming of the pilot is on April 28th at 6pm at Culver Studios in LA. Tickets were available when I had a go at booking them just now - if only I lived nearer! Wanted to post this asap in case tickets run out.For anyone who is interested, here is the link for free audience tickets:http://www.audiencesunlimited.com/fmi/xsl/shows/browserecord.xsl?&Show=discomfort

I can't help thinking that'd be a great title for a MV episode :cry:Crockett & Tubbs travel down to Colombia and have err. discomfort :DGood luck getting these tix if anyone is lucky enough to go!

Well it looks like the show is going to make it to at least a pilot and a few more episodes. I hope the show does well for DJ. I wonder about the dog in the show being a peacemaker in the family? I hope it's not a talking dog.

Too bad I don't live in Southern California:(I do wonder about this advertisement being legitimate. Well, if it is for real, I do hope fans in L.A. get the tickets to attend the show.

Too bad I don't live in Southern California:(I do wonder about this advertisement being legitimate. Well' date=' if it is for real, I do hope fans in L.A. get the tickets to attend the show.[/quote']It is legitimate. I booked free tickets with the agency two years ago when I was going out to LA with my daughter & we went to CBS for a taping of a show. I was on the site as I wanted to see what was available when I'm there in June (that is, if this cloud from Iceland disperses before then!)

It is legitimate. I booked free tickets with the agency two years ago when I was going out to LA with my daughter & we went to CBS for a taping of a show. I was on the site as I wanted to see what was available when I'm there in June (that is' date=' if this cloud from Iceland disperses before then!)[/quote']That's great - hope you get to see some filming;)

LA fans or fans who are able to travel to LA - anyone on .ws planning to see the taping of the pilot for Southern Discomfort on April 28th? Please let us know if you see DJ filming next week:clap: Details Please;)

• 2 weeks later...

Someone blogged on ABC website that they saw the filming of "Southern Discomfort" Pilot and said it was really funny:D I asked for details - waiting for an answer.

Someone blogged on ABC website that they saw the filming of "Southern Discomfort" Pilot and said it was really funny:D I asked for details - waiting for an answer.

Looking forward to seeing some details on this show - DJ can be really funny . He has been quite witty in many of the more comedic - MV episodes such as "Phil the Shill" and " The Big Thaw" - also in some of his scenes with Martin Ferrero provided some comedy aspect .:D

ABC seems to have imposed a news blackout on the filming of the pilot. No news, no photos, no PR, nothing. Obviously that will change leading up to the premiere of the show (if it is picked up). I suppose that process happens over the summer, and the network looking over the film of the pilot, and making their decision for the fall prime time TV lineup.This is the girl playing the daughter, Sophia Bush:Eingefügtes Bild

• 3 weeks later...

Southern Discomfort is not listed on the new shows for ABC. I wonder if they are waiting to announce it on the Fall Schedule.:confused:

Southern Discomfort is not listed on the new shows for ABC. I wonder if they are waiting to announce it on the Fall Schedule.:confused:

If they just filmed a pilot, they have to wait to see if ABC even orders episodes, and then they have to write them, and get the production up and running. It may take some time.Here's hoping it goes into production!

Don't forget the "focus groups" and "test marketing", Coop.They will show the pilot to selected test groups and then get their reaction, and have them fill out questionnaires. The results may ultimately determine if it gets picked up for the fall. Seems to be a lot of turnover in TV land - CBS just dumped a bunch of shows. High turnover is good for those offering a new product (of superior quality).

Don't forget the "focus groups" and "test marketing"' date=' Coop.They will show the pilot to selected test groups and then get their reaction, and have them fill out questionnaires. The results may ultimately determine if it gets picked up for the fall. Seems to be a lot of turnover in TV land - CBS just dumped a bunch of shows. High turnover is good for those offering a new product (of superior quality).[/quote']You are absolutely correct.

Well, I don't know about "focus groups" and "test Marketing".This is quote on IMDB, for what it's worth :("Comments: The pilot did not get picked up in ABC's 2010/2011 season."

Yup, it's dead on arrival. Thanks for the heads up DJA.I didn't notice that the ABC fall schedule was already announced a few days ago:http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/abc-2010-2011-season-15294/DJ's run of bad luck continues. I guess the focus group was the audience there that night, and others who watched the tape and gave the thumbs down.

Well, I'm hoping it could end up being a "mid-season replacement." We all know how new shows that premiere in the Fall, end up cancelled within a few short weeks. And, since One Tree Hill has been continued for 12 more episodes before ending, that's not a full year. They could have in mind that Sophia Bush will be done with One Tree Hill, and just in time to replace one of the failed new series, Southern Discomfort might be the one. Well, stranger things have happened.

Ahhhhhh maaaann........how many failed pilots had Don Johnson had now?

:cry::cry::cry::evil: Of course we should hope for the better, like maybe it will just make room (or should I better say "time") for DJ to take part in some really fancy movie or something... if you take it as God's providence, you know... :glossy: But now it feels sad anyway, I kind of looked forward to see him on TV again.

Yes me too.:cry:But I am sure there will be another change for him.

I hope so too! But I'm very sad now - I was so happy to hear about the pilot - and now this.... :cry: :cry: