Episode 32 - Back In The World

airtommy

Posted by SOFLAJEREMY:

In ep 32 back in the world aka show me a hero c+t are following the "supplier" in the mercedes as they go over a bridge they are greeted by a dump truck that proceeds to lift their van off the ground allowing mr mung and the seargent to flee. Danj had showed me the location a little while ago so I give him full credit for susing it out. nw 7th at 7th.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Maynard's HouseAs they walk around the pool, I think one can see a boat in the background, meaning this house is on the water.Maynard's house has a street number of 625, and it appears to be on water (boat behind Maynard as he talks to Crockett+Stone at pool). We're capable of finding this.

So, the bridge on the left is where C+T meet the garbage truck. It seems that a bridge is visible down the road when C+T sit in the van outside the warehouse. Maybe it's the same bridge. The warehouse where Stone & Maynard meet - is it at the location I marked with a red X?Eingefügtes Bild(click photo to enlarge)

Posted by SOFLAJEREMY:

Just found the airfield from the start of Back In The World. Actually my boss was in my office and he called me in. He had freeze framed the scene where they are landing at the airfield. He asked me where it was. He obviously knew and suspected I did not. Which I did not All I could tell him was looked like the glades, itt was remote and I could see the strip ran due north and south and they were stoped at the south end but thats all I could tell from the picture. He had me He was proud that he knew one I did not. He recognized it as emilia Earhart airport now shut down out in the glades at county line. Where a pembroke pines fl cop was busted orchestrating drug drops back in the day for real. I will post sat pics when I get home.

Posted by SOFLAJEREMY:

ok here is a close up showing where the small plane came to a stop surrounded by dea ,county and miami vice. There is only one north south runway and one east west runway at this airport. The 36 painted on the runway gives away that they stoped at the south end of the runway. Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildwhat other mv site do you see here where there was a scene from a later episode? Eingefügtes Bild

what other mv site do you see here where there was a scene from a later episode?

The only thing I can think of is Def Miami, but that is south of there.

This is a pretty good match to Maynard's house. However, the 625 address doesn't work here, and this house has a driveway with two entrances. I think Maynard's driveway looped and has only one entrance.link

Posted by SOFLAJEREMY:

You are correct it is not def mia and you are of course also correct that that was a little south of here. It is not a house, not an airfield not even a road but then again there are other forms of transportation.

Posted by SOFLAJEREMY:

Airboats yescrockett had a previous experience with this location a while back before he met tubbs.

Posted by DanJ:

The only thing that comes to mind is Crockett's old partner Frankel, who Hackman assasinated.Meanwhile, here's a few snapshots I took of the area where C&T check up on Maynard & Ira, along with their MV counterparts:Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes BildNOTE: The bridge at NW 7th Street and 7th Avenue is - as of the time of this post - blocked off on both sides, prohibiting any sort of driving traffic on it. The drawbridge a few blocks south of this, on NW 5th Street, has been removed after being closed for several years - I can only speculate that a new drawbridge will be built there.P.S. Note that in my third picture above, Maynard parked his Mercedes on the left (East) side of NW S River Drive at 4th Street, facing me as I took the picture - hah! He must've gone into Garcia's seafood restaurant for a bite to eat. I couldn't help but notice that there were a lot of expensive Euro cars in front of that place...

crockett had a previous experience with this location a while back before he met tubbs.

I'm thinking some sort of Vietnam flashback, but I can't recall any of those specifically.

Posted by DanJ:

Great recreations DanJ. the first picture - is that NW 5th Street also?

I'm not sure how you got 5th Street' date=' Matt. The first and second pictures are on NW 7th Street between NW 7th and 6th Avenues. The third picture is southbound on NW N River Drive, where Maynard makes the second left turn of this chase scene onto NW 4th Street. Let me borrow Tommy's map to help illustrate the first two picture locations:Eingefügtes BildClick On Map To Enlarge, And To See Street NumbersThe view above shows NW 7th Street, between 7th and 6th Avenues. The curved red arrow on the right side of the view correctly indicates where Maynard makes his first turn of the chase scene, onto Northbound 6th Avenue, with C&T in hot pursuit - the building just right of the arrow head still exists today.The building where Crockett climbs the wall is the westernmost building along the south side of 7th Street, just in from the corner.I believe Airtommy's X is meant to indicate the warehouse where Tubbs pulls up in the blue van. If so, IMO that is incorrect - the correct building is the big white square to the left, or west, of that, whose doors are visible as Tubbs pulls up in the blue van. The building indicated by the X does not exist today but is visible as Maynard makes his first left turn after pulling out in the Mercedes (Kind of a drag, 'cause I wanted to recreate that first turn scene - rats!).BTW this area is safe enough by day, but for these nighttime scenes I felt compelled to be - to borrow a phrase from "Smuggler's Blues" - quick about my business.

Posted by SOFLAJEREMY:

what other mv site do you see here where there was a scene from a later episode?Maybe if you ask the right mang you can find out. you know a guy from a couple a years ago , you know bozo colombian pilot, pencil thin mustace, silk scarf, a real smiling jack, he knows the location Eingefügtes Bild

Posted by MATT5:

Airtommy :Great find - you've been after this one for sometime haven't you. SoflaJeremy - wasn't that site also used in the opening of "Baby Blues " as well as "Stone's War" (end )

Posted by SOFLAJEREMY:

MATT: believe your right about stone's war but will have to take another look at baby bluesAirtommy: How on earth did you turn this one up?

How on earth did you turn this one up

Is that a GE pun? You probably posted this before reading my post on the trivia thread, but here goes anyway.--- "625" address seen as they pull into driveway--- big white boat behind Maynard as they talk by pool = on the water--- curved roadI previously wasted time looking at the islands in Biscayne Bay. Last night I started entering 625 addresses for the streets in the Gables/Grove area, and then looking around for houses with these characteristics:--- Single entrance driveway, but it loops on itself within the property --- Sheltered valet area with covered walkway to the house. --- Unique pool shape

Posted by SOFLAJEREMY:

Eingefügtes Bildok we all know what happens here in back in the world but what you may not know and what I did not know untill visiting the sight this past thursday is that this area known as 7+7 is a hot bed for filming. Danj and I approached and spoke with the security gaurd at the building where dj climbs up the exterior wall. I was looking to get info on the interior shoot. He was very knowledgeable about filming history in the area and told us that there was even a large production there the day before to film a sitcom. The big info was that the building accross the street to the north seen in airtommy's capture ( long , white ) was used big time in bad boys 1 The prop aviation sign was still on the building and all the windows were still out from having the place blown up in the movie. Still burn marks on the wall cool find Eingefügtes Bild

Posted by SOFLAJEREMY:

what other mv site do you see here where there was a scene from a later episode?

Maybe if you ask the right mang you can find out. you know a guy from a couple a years ago , you know bozo colombian pilot, pencil thin mustace, silk scarf, a real smiling jack, he knows the location christ I can't belive no one has come cross the answer yet Eingefügtes Bild

Posted by DanJ:

They did use the "Evan" hangar. They blew it all to bits, for real. It's the one thing about that movie that irks me to no end - with all the CGI available at the time, they could've done a mock explosion and spared the hangar.No the guy did not mention the Hindu Temple.