Miami Vice Action Spectacular

Big E

I just watched 7 clips on youtube of the Miami Vice stunt show that was at Universal Studios in the '90's. I never knew such a thing existed. Anyone ever visit that show?

Yes, we did go to that show. I have pictures that I took hmm..somewhere:confused: need to find them. But I'm sure YouTube videos are better than pictures:clap: I need to check that out on YouTube:)

Yes, we saw it when we visited many years ago. I've got some old-fashioned pix & I'll scan them and upload onto here. I saw the MV stunt show & they had stuntmen who looked like C & T from a distance - it was very exciting watching from the lakeside. The next year, when we visited Universal, the name of MV had been removed and it was a generic water stunt show of police officers who were going after South American drug dealers .. oh and the stuntmen were black and white who bore a resemblance to ....mmm guess who lol

Yes' date=' we saw it when we visited many years ago. I've got some old-fashioned pix & I'll scan them and upload onto here. I saw the MV stunt show & they had stuntmen who looked like C & T from a distance - it was very exciting watching from the lakeside. The next year, when we visited Universal, the name of MV had been removed and it was a generic water stunt show of police officers who were going after South American drug dealers .. oh and the stuntmen were black and white who bore a resemblance to ....mmm guess who lol[/quote']:)I'm glad we saw it when it was called Miami Vice:tasse_prost:

Deja vu from the other board....lol. Sorry guys, I couldn't resist. I never saw the show, but I know that once in a blue moon stuff from it pops up on eBay. I even saw up for auction a pressed penny from a machine that came from the show.

First thing I thought when I saw this listed was "Oh no' date=' we're not building a ROCKery here too"[/quote']Thank gawd, no! :clap:

I saw the Miami Vice Spectacular....live, & took some videos, but I have to find them.It was a very entertaining stunt show .....and I wasn't even a die-hard MV fan at the time. I wish they would bring it back again. :cry:

I don't understand why this Topic brings out negative reactions from everyone. :eek::evil::rolleyes::p The Topic is not about 'Rock' who dissed Ferrariman, it's about the Miami Vice Spectacular......which was a great show. :thumbsup:If you never saw it, live, you will probably never get the opportunity again! :cry: I thank God I saw it!! :dance2:

• 4 months later...

Wow, Coop, those items are cool. I wish at the time I got the pressed penny or the mug . The little helicopter medal is nice too! Thanks for the pics. :thumbsup:

Stunt show photosBelow are the photos I meant to scan & put on here. These were taken at Universal studios LA in 1990. It was a sit-down stunt show rather than the "stand around the lake" version in Orlando. Enjoy!Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Below are the photos I meant to scan & put on here. These were taken at Universal studios LA in 1990. It was a sit-down stunt show rather than the "stand around the lake" version in Orlando. Enjoy!Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Those are cool photos. Why did they do away with the MV name for the show?Let me guess ... as the 1990s rolled on, anything 80s was passe ... :rolleyes:

Yessssssss!I'll bet few people here ever saw this in person. Notice how acrobatic everyone had to be. I would have to cut 20 lbs to feel comfortable running around and jumping over everything. The worst would be playing the guy that does the belly flop off the tower. But hey, CHICKS DIG IT! Theme park actors must be pretty reliable for swingin' after-parties.My only gripe was when the M.C. says, "Tubbs! Get back to work!" Oh G*d, that was like someone dragging nails across a blackboard.If I were an actor, I'd want them to switch up the music sometimes. Otherwise it was great! Explosions! BOOM BOOM BOOSH!

Sadly it was in the days before digital photography so I only took a few pictures of the show. I have several others but they only show the buildings - I am guessing I took them while we waited for the show to begin.I'll be looking through my albums later for the Orlando shots & will post them if I find any of note.

Coop, thanks again for finding this and for the stunt item links. I like the pin.I don't remember the whole 'Rock' business but I hope we got a good laugh out of it. Tony, the only negative to me about the thing is the 'director,' he was like Bob Saget, a cheese dispenser. Or maybe I'm too negative. (Yeah, probably the latter.)

• 5 years later...

Ah! great memories. I have movie or video pics but I have to find them & also figure out how to transfer them to this site. ;(

15 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

Ah! great memories. I have movie or video pics but I have to find them & also figure out how to transfer them to this site. ;(

Just great Tony!!:dance2::dance2: