Vice in Miniature

joekano

Hi All, A little off topic, but something I thought a few of you might enjoy this. In addition to watching Vice, I paint 28mm military miniatures. I though it would be fun to try to modify some modern crime figures to look like the Vice team. My efforts can be seen below:http://miami-vice.ws/picture.php?albumid=31&pictureid=340 NOTE: Please look further down the thread for better imagesI wasn't able to find a figure for Larry, and the Crockett figure has long hair, so I guess this would have to be set sometime in season 5. I'm currently working on some Miami-Dade uniformed police and drug dealers, and will post pics when they are ready.Chris

LOL! :clap:Can we see them up close? The picture is somewhat small.Very fun, and original idea! :clap::clap::thumbsup:

Sorry, first time trying to post pics here. I've tried creating an album and linking from there. Let me know if that works better.

omg amazing work, they look like comic book characters. Tubbs and Trudy have to be my fav., I would prefer Sonny if he didn't wear jeans and Catillo is one of a kind too! Can't wait to see more :)Thanks for sharing!

I would prefer Sonny if he didn't wear jeans :)Thanks for sharing!

He's modelled on Season 5 Crockett then, FP :)They are wonderful, JoeKano. Great to be able to see them

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I have a better handle on adding pics to posts, so here are some better pics from my Flickr account, including the first batch of criminals:Tubbs and Crockett:Eingefügtes BildCastillo and Switek:Eingefügtes BildTrudy and Gina:Eingefügtes BildCriminals 1:Eingefügtes BildCriminals 2:Eingefügtes Bild

@ Sgt LongI have to admit I didn't give the criminals as much thought as the Vice members. However, if I can find appropriate figures I will definitely add some of the kingpins to my villains.@ 2morganI actually buy the figures and just make minor changes to them (such as adding 80’s hairstyles), so luckily I don’t have to spend any significant time sculpting. Here is an example of what they look like when I buy them (the first figure became Tubbs, the 2nd and 3rd criminals, the 4th Crockett, and the 5th Switek):Eingefügtes Bild Each figure takes about an hour prep time (sanding, priming, etc.), and another 3-5 hours to paint. However, since I have to give each layer of paint some time to dry, I generally work on the figure over several days. With work and family, I can usually complete 3-4 figures per week.