Opening Credits Theme

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

Was the opening credits theme performed completely on a synthesizer(s)? It resembles an actual electric guitar quite a bit. Did Hammer ever use any instruments other than his keyboards?

• Administrators

If he doesn't reply first, send Dadrian Wilson (Nofretz)a PM, I'm sure he can answer all your JH questions.

I remember reading that Hammer never used a guitar on any of his MV music and I was quite surprised. His synth guitar licks are great, for example in "Airport Swap".

I remember reading that Hammer never used a guitar on any of his MV music and I was quite surprised. His synth guitar licks are great' date=' for example in "Airport Swap".[/quote']Some of the work on "Crockett's Theme" ( official 1987 single release ) also with his synth guitar sound fantastic . I also love the bluesy guitar riffs he adds to "Tubbs and Valerie " particularly used in The Prodigal Son episode.:D

I don't have the article with me at the moment, but JAN HAMMER did, in fact, use a real guitar in AIRPORT SWAP. He "cheated" as he put it. I'm not sure if he said it was a bass guitar or what it was, but there was a real guitar in use in AIRPORT SWAP. The reason he said he used the real guitar in this piece of music is because he said he never could have achieved that sound. It was played thru an amp.I posted this story on a fan made jan hammer site entitled, "JAN HAMMER CAUGHT CHEATING!"It was one of many articles I wrote on that site before I left, then the site turned into a ghost town. -COOP

Was the opening credits theme performed completely on a synthesizer(s)? It resembles an actual electric guitar quite a bit. Did Hammer ever use any instruments other than his keyboards?

In the Sep. 85 Keyboard feature interview, Jan states that he 'cheated' by using a Strat on both the Theme and 'Airport Swap'. These are not the only tracks he has played guitar on, of course...goozer

In the Sep. 85 Keyboard feature interview' date=' Jan states that he 'cheated' by using a Strat on both the Theme and 'Airport Swap'. These are not the only tracks he has played guitar on, of course...goozer[/quote']That's right! Thanks! :thumbsup:

• Administrators

I used to own several of Jan's albums on vinyl. I remember reading a disclaimer on the back of one (don't remember which) It read "for those concerned, there is no guitar on this album"

• 2 months later...
I used to own several of Jan's albums on vinyl. I remember reading a disclaimer on the back of one (don't remember which) It read "for those concerned' date=' there is no guitar on this album"[/quote']That's really interesting - many of his albums , including much of his MV work ( "Crocketts Theme " / "Airport Swap" ) had real sounding guitars on.:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
I used to own several of Jan's albums on vinyl. I remember reading a disclaimer on the back of one (don't remember which) It read "for those concerned' date=' there is no guitar on this album"[/quote'] Hi, my friend! Hi everybody!Was it maybe "The First Seven Days"? I used to have the vinyl here at home, and it had that disclaimer in the back. I don't have it anymore, as I bought the CD maybe 6 years ago."The First Seven Days" is to me one of the best moments in Jan's career. Such intimist piano/violin lines, that wonderful "moog guitar", and, wow, what a band (it should -- Jan Hammer plays almost everything in it!) and combination of tracks. To me, it's distant from MV but already with much of MV in it.If Jan had only made that record, he ought to be remembered as a genius.