Episode 36 - Yankee Dollar

miamijimf

Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:41pm by Matt5Originally posted by airtommyOriginally posted by MATT5I think where Tim's body is found is at No Name Marina, Key Biscayne.( roughly same location as "Junk Love" ) I think you meant No Name Harbor. Good find! Yes, I can see the lagoon, and the wall too. Thankyou . Yeah : No Name Marina is just off Bill Baggs State Park . The wall and the lagoon was the give away and the fact its pretty close to Glides House in the episode.

• 2 years later...

QUOTE=miamijimf;229688]Great work Charlie. I'm glad you beat that phony murder rap. you arn't kidding, but then again, nobody puts the slide on Charlie Glide. Not even a couple of Vice cops.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Very glossy typical 1985-86 episode of MV written by the Producer of "Matt Houston" Daniel Pyne who wrote The Prodigal Son and Trust Fund Pirates before in 1986 he moved to writing for The Equalizer tv show. The boat yard in the final sequence can still be seen Today as the Merill-Stevens boatyard - in the background at the end of the episode you see greenery and trees still unchanged Today . I believe "The Lost Madonna" also filmed here.:xmas:

Very glossy typical 1985-86 episode of MV written by the Producer of "Matt Houston" Daniel Pyne who wrote The Prodigal Son and Trust Fund Pirates before in 1986 he moved to writing for The Equalizer tv show.The boat yard in the final sequence can still be seen Today as the Merill-Stevens boatyard - in the background at the end of the episode you see greenery and trees still unchanged Today .I believe "The Lost Madonna" also filmed here.:xmas:

I believe this is seen behind C&T ( on Nw 11th St ) as they slide the Glide to the police car at the end of the episode.:balloon::xmas:

View Larger Map

• 1 year later...

Im in California presently and Im afraid 385 North Cienega is dust - but Raouls in West Hollywood ( San Vicente / Santa Monica intersection ) is still standing and looking unchanged since MV.

• 1 year later...

When Charlie Glide goes to launder the money at the bank (while being tailed by Switek & Zito) the sign reads "1000", but the actual address is 1001 Brickell Bay Drive (formerly South Bayshore Drive).  The "1000" sign couldn't have been real, because this building is on the east side of the road and addresses ending with an even number are on the south or west side of a road in Miami (odd numbers are on the north or east).

It's really weird that they would put up a fake address sign like that.  I wonder why?

wp0_wp0_wp0_wpf55e7534.png

wp0_wp0_wp0_wp810651e0.png

Edited by airtommy

6 hours ago, airtommy said:

When Charlie Glide goes to launder the money at the bank (while being tailed by Switek & Zito) the sign reads "1000", but the actual address is 1001 Brickell Bay Drive (formerly South Bayshore Drive).  The "1000" sign couldn't have been real, because this building is on the east side of the road and even numbered addresses are on the south or west side of a road in Miami.

It's really weird that they would put up a fake address sign like that.  I wonder why?

wp0_wp0_wp0_wpf55e7534.png

wp0_wp0_wp0_wp810651e0.png

Yes odd they did that - I figured it was an arty decision after all it was really quite art deco-ish in design:)

The building is called Brickell Bay Tower.  

http://www.emporis.com/buildings/122323/brickell-bay-tower-miami-fl-usa

Construction was completed in 1985 and this episode was filmed in 1985.  Maybe the building had just been completed and there was still some ugly unfinished item that they wanted to block from the camera's view, so they put the sign up in front of it.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/19/2019 at 1:03 PM, Matt5 said:

Gate 12, Concourse D - Miami International Airport (teaser). Taken in 2014.

E4E7712D-1AC6-4DA3-BBCC-07701D894736.jpeg

754658D7-7BEE-498B-B148-4A90854E6902.jpeg

0EB24527-F9CF-4E20-8FC0-9A66E4BA17B7.jpeg

47703C7C-AB18-4915-A36B-96CCE2C62564.jpeg

30C96021-5293-4751-AA94-BE29B6554E4E.jpeg

What a great picture!! Love the anticipation and tension on his face. Great screen shot!!

On 7/21/2019 at 11:27 PM, mjcmmv said:

What a great picture!! Love the anticipation and tension on his face. Great screen shot!!

Thankyou friend.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Went to the beach a few days ago, snapped up a few pics. Think I need to get a selfie stick so we can see more behind me, lol. When the weather gets cooler maybe I'll stop by again and take a quick video.

IMG_20200818_142557847_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200818_142619580_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

vor 7 Minuten schrieb TylerDurden389:

Went to the beach a few days ago, snapped up a few pics. Think I need to get a selfie stick so we can see more behind me, lol. When the weather gets cooler maybe I'll stop by again and take a quick video.

IMG_20200818_142557847_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200818_142619580_HDR.jpg

Looks like in Home Invaders now :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 year later...